• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem 4 months waiting for my withdrawal

I am having an issue with a company

SA_Trends

Recruit
Hello friends,

On march 2023 I have withdrawn 32.000usd from my account at Pepperstone.

After few days I found out that the SWIFT code that I provided was related to SEPA transfers, so it was not appropriate for international transfers.

Immediately I have communicated to Peppersotne the correct SWIFT and since then I have never seen my money back.

I have continuously written them emails (I have like more than 50 emails) and the only thing they can say is that is not in their hands and the money have been sent to tue intermediary bank.

After 4 months they are unable to provide me a MT103 Trace Message that could help me to understand where my money are.

I have also requested a SWIFT RECALL and order to cancel the withdrawal, so the money should come back to the broker account.

I have filled a claim to AFCA and I’m ready to proceed legally, if no answer provided.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide me or suggest a good lawyer to proceed against them.

whhhahttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!! OMG, ive been waiting for my withdrawal for 4 days, and I thought thats the longest someone should wait for a simple withdrawal!!!!!!!!!

Hello friends,

After few days I found out that the SWIFT code that I provided was related to SEPA transfers, so it was not appropriate for international transfers.

Immediately I have communicated to Peppersotne the correct SWIFT and since then I have never seen my money back.

I have continuously written them emails (I have like more than 50 emails) and the only thing they can say is that is not in their hands and the money have been sent to tue intermediary bank.

After 4 months they are unable to provide me a MT103 Trace Message that could help me to understand where my money are.

I have also requested a SWIFT RECALL and order to cancel the withdrawal, so the money should come back to the broker account.

I have filled a claim to AFCA and I’m ready to proceed legally, if no answer provided.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide me or suggest a good lawyer to proceed against them.
It`s a bit awkward situation as a mistake done by your side. Did you contact your bank regarding the same?

-> What is the total amount remaining in your Pepperstone account? Now. Excluding the $32k USD withdraw.

-> Do you currently have any open trades at Pepperstone?

-> Not the best position to be in. That is the one thing you want to triple-check and ensure you have correct. In any case, a responsible broker should also be double-checking recipient bank info on their end.

Money transferred via SWIFT is never lost. If it was sent to a wrong , it should have been returned.

-> Have they at least provided you with a bank transfer confirmation? This is different than the so-called MT103 Trace Message. The bank transfer confirmation has the sender and recipient info, including the sending, receiving, and intended intermediary bank used. And it also includes the value date, which is the date that the recipient bank will credit the recipient's bank account.
Money sent via SWIFT never gets lost. it would at worst just get returned to the sending bank account. But that normally takes like 2 weeks from the initial send date. 3+ months is just being ridiculous. I wonder if the transfer was even sent in the first place.

I recommend requesting the bank transfer confirmation. If you already have this, you may upload it here.

Well, be careful with this. Answer my questions above.

Check out this thread:

You are in a good position if your account is with Au division of Pepperstone.

Maybe @Pepperstone Support will respond here.

whhhahttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!! OMG, ive been waiting for my withdrawal for 4 days, and I thought thats the longest someone should wait for a simple withdrawal!!!!!!!!!
if you have a separate problem, please open your own problem report. Do not hijack someone else's problem report:

fpa-fccd_start-new-thread-problem-formerly-scam-png.83140

-> What is the total amount remaining in your Pepperstone account? Now. Excluding the $32k USD withdraw.
30$
-> Do you currently have any open trades at Pepperstone?
They blocked all my accounts but no trades were going on
-> Not the best position to be in. That is the one thing you want to triple-check and ensure you have correct. In any case, a responsible broker should also be double-checking recipient bank info on their end.
The SWIFT exists and it belongs to my account. It differed by 1 last number respect to the international one. So cannot be transferred to another client.
Money transferred via SWIFT is never lost. If it was sent to a wrong , it should have been returned.
Usually, when something is wrong, and the customer requires a SWIFT RECALL, the broker must cancel the withdrawal and return the money to the original account
-> Have they at least provided you with a bank transfer confirmation? This is different than the so-called MT103 Trace Message. The bank transfer confirmation has the sender and recipient info, including the sending, receiving, and intended intermediary bank used. And it also includes the value date, which is the date that the recipient bank will credit the recipient's bank account.
Money sent via SWIFT never gets lost. it would at worst just get returned to the sending bank account. But that normally takes like 2 weeks from the initial send date. 3+ months is just being ridiculous. I wonder if the transfer was even sent in the first place.
I have a withdrawal receipt
I recommend requesting the bank transfer confirmation. If you already have this, you may upload it here.
fpa_SA_Trends_pepperstone_complaint_IMG_3571_blurred.jpeg

Well, be careful with this. Answer my questions above.

Check out this thread:

You are in a good position if your account is with Au division of Pepperstone.
I am European but non-eu resident so I cannot use their service.
Any other professional known?
Maybe @Pepperstone Support will respond here.

if you have a separate problem, please open your own problem report. Do not hijack someone else's problem report:

fpa-fccd_start-new-thread-problem-formerly-scam-png.83140
I already have my problem solved, and keep your problem reports for yourself, you know as you are a celebrity, i though i would be famous if i comment on your post, but i failed.. bad for me...

I already have my problem solved, and keep your problem reports for yourself, you know as you are a celebrity, i though i would be famous if i comment on your post, but i failed.. bad for me...
It was a professional reply mate, he asked the question and he also provided the solution to it. You did not understand and you did a sarcastic reply.

I have written another couple of emails to Pepperstone asking to send me the MT103 trace message and no answers… I’m starting to suspect they are retaining my money because it’s unbelievable that they cannot provide this information after 4 months!

Usually, when something is wrong, and the customer requires a SWIFT RECALL, the broker must cancel the withdrawal and return the money to the original account
-> if the details are wrong and the recipient bank cannot resolve it, it would be returned to the sending. This takes like 7-10 days or so at worst.

3 months is crazy. I do believe if it is only wrong recipient details, that the sending company is likely just taking advantage of the client's mistake.

It will be interesting to see what the AFCA says about this, if Pepperstone doesn't correct this. I'm sure that MT103 will confirm what I mentioned earlier.

I am European but non-eu resident so I cannot use their service.
Any other professional known?
-> It doesn't cost you anything to double-check with them

nab bank transfer receipt
fpa_SA_Trends_pepperstone_complaint_IMG_3571_blurred.jpeg

It's interesting. How long did it take for them to give this particular transfer receipt to you?

-> Was this the first time you requested a withdrawal from pepperstone?

-> If not, Have you had other successful withdrawals at pepperstone? If so, what method of withdrawal did you use?

Last edited:
Back