All good things come to an end

Is USD as the reserve currency coming to an end?

It's becoming clearer that most of the largest economies in the world are bypassing the USD in international trade, instead using their own currency's and it seems China is leading the way international trade is done following closely by Russia

China is said to become the largest economy by 2016 and with China leading the way international trade is done even with smaller economies like Australia the ramifications for the USD could be huge with China selling their U.S. Bonds and Treasuries causing high inflation across the USA

With the USA in such a bad state of affairs, confidence in the dollar at its lowest level and Americans among the most hated people on the planet even amongst its allies in my opinion USD isn't to big to fail its just a matter of time!

After reading Peter Schiff's books and his predictions of the collapse of the US economy I liquidated a $10,000 savings account and bought gold when the price started dipping.

Well, let me disagree on the part where you're talking about Yuan and Rupee are to become a reserve currencies. We all know that China's economy based on the international trade. Chinese goods are popular due to the low price. The low price is held due to the low primecost caused by the low live standards. Now let's look at the situation when Chinese currency become one of the world currencies or even the reserve currency. Even if the live standards will not get higher at that time, the demand for Yuan will cause the significant increase of the exchange rate.

Which will lead to the increasing of prices for the Chinese goods, which will hit the economic. Almost the same situation is with rupee now.

As for the long run, I'd stick with CHF.

No I didn't say Yuan and Rupee are to become a reserve currency just that China and other countries are beginning to bypass the USD in international trade and getting rid of their USD reserves!

I don't know what will replace the Dollar as the reserve currency and suspect nothing will in the foreseeable future, but in long run I think U.S. will have to go back to the gold standard to keep it's status and bring back the confidence in the Dollar(that's if the U.S. in fact have any gold LOL)

I agree about the CHF:)

the dreaded debt ceiling debar cal hasn't past:rolleyes:, but what could you expect from the most dysfunctional government that love's to hold the market's at ransom!

Will there be a U.S. government shut down, U.S. default or will they just get a ear flick and credit downgrade?

Well, let me disagree on the part where you're talking about Yuan and Rupee are to become a reserve currencies. We all know that China's economy based on the international trade. Chinese goods are popular due to the low price. The low price is held due to the low primecost caused by the low live standards. Now let's look at the situation when Chinese currency become one of the world currencies or even the reserve currency. Even if the live standards will not get higher at that time, the demand for Yuan will cause the significant increase of the exchange rate.

Which will lead to the increasing of prices for the Chinese goods, which will hit the economic. Almost the same situation is with rupee now.

As for the long run, I'd stick with CHF.
Well the Yuan and Rupee are far fetched , the USD is still pretty much the king in the near future. However the CHF,and Bitcoin are all probable replacements.

I don't think Russia is stable enough for too many nations to load up on rubles. On the other hand, my personal branch of Mattress Bank endorses Chinese Yuan.

I agree that Russia is not the country, that can be the economic base for some specific area, not talking about the world. The regions that are far enough form Moscow live in poverty.

I agree with Laslo, that CHF is a best choice. However, looking to the Asia region, I would keep an eye on SGD. It is a business and financial center of the region. Can become the SEA Switzerland

No big surprise with the U.S. government shutdown but is now the best time to start a coup?

If the U.S of A government need to borrow money to make payroll, I am open to negotiation in return for being Emperor of the state of Florida or California for one month:p

I wonder why the U.S of A don't dump a couple billion printed USD to sell the EUR/USD....get their people to make up some cock & bull story on how rosy the U.S of A economy is and, hey presto, the EUR/USD drop like a ton of bricks and they get a few billions profit to make payroll and then some..

If the U.S of A government need to borrow money to make payroll, I am open to negotiation in return for being Emperor of the state of Florida or California for one month:p

I hope you are up to scratch with your negotiation skills and read all the terms & conditions!

Going off the U.S. government peanut brains if you are made Emperor of Florida or California you may still be based in a abandon building in Detroit:D

Last edited:
Back