Enjoy the Striker 100% Free for 6 Months; Exclusively for FPA Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i see real time results on myfxbook.com?

ps: the homepage is too comlicated. lots of text with less important information. and i dont like one or two pages homepages.

........ It is designed to handle 20 consecutive losses. 20 consecutive losses, mathematically, is impossible.
When you say that 20 consecutive losses is mathematically impossible, can you provide us with an example?

He is probably referring to to my link in my earlier post. That account was set up to monitor your EA which required that I use Vantage FX. I have no prior experience with this broker. On 7th February 2013 EURUSD showed a little volatility due to news and I was unable to trade. The Vantage FX terminal froze here in Bangkok and on my backup VPS in London for about 15 minutes. Due to this, despite outstanding pre trade customer care, I strongly recommend that you do not use Vantage FX to trade forex. The EA concerned has yet to make a trade.

The above statement is also on my profile at FXCopy which you can get to from the earlier link.

Where in Bangkok were you trading? What ISP did you use? VantageFx has had a couple of short outages; the longest I've seen was about 2 hours. But they are few and far between. I remember when Oanda used to block live trading during news announcements (completely disable their ordering ability)

I think your posts & link to FXCopy are very misleading - it is clear from your account records that you are manually trading and it should be made more clear that (and Quote) "The EA concerned has yet to make a trade.". Your trading account is 68% in the red due to your own actions and has nothing to do with the Striker.
I have edited my first post which I trust will meet with your approval?

In terms of Vantage FX, I think it is unfair to criticise them based on a single moment of high volume in the market place and with less than 48 hours experience using their platform. Computers crashing are not uncommon and neither is technology failing us for short periods.
I disagree. The Vantage FX platform froze in two different countries simultaneously so it is clear that the failure was with Vantage FX and, perhaps, was even deliberate. No other MT4 terminal froze at that time. There were 4 running from 2 other FX brokers in the same environments as Vantage FX in Thailand and UK.

The fact that the Vantage FX platform failed so early is, in my opinion, even greater cause for concern.

Where in Bangkok were you trading? What ISP did you use? VantageFx has had a couple of short outages; the longest I've seen was about 2 hours.
5 minutes walk from Soi Cowboy. Know it? Anyway, central Bangkok. I have an apartment at Wind Condominium.

ISP is True in Thailand. The Vantage FX platform froze here AND in London simultaneously.

In London I'm on T1 Global Switch 2, which is Europe’s largest purpose built data centre.

However, my contention is that due to this your questions are irrelevant. It was either a failure of the Vantage FX platform or a deliberate action by Vantage FX. Whatever it was makes Vantage FX a poor choice to execute trades reliably.

WhyLose; I'm in KL so your feedback interests me in addition to your other observations.

Micheal / Vantage FX UK i.e. broker hosting the Striker EA; 3 questions:
Is Vantage FX UK i.e. broker hosting the Striker EA a true ECN or not?
I don't believe putting up my money to be traded by a mysterious black box is good money management. Is there detailed and transparent information on this EA?
Is the Striker EA available for sale?

Any Member with live account; Has anyone actually traded this EA, made money with this EA, and willing to share proof?

If any of these questions are answered within this thread and i missed them please excuse.

thanks in advance!

It is very irritating to discover after much reading that your broker does not even take any US accounts. Why not be courteous enough to state this up front. Maybe the number of US traders is too small to consider that a factor. Note to FPA: Would be helpful for you to require the mention of such trading restrictions.

Hello Elkhorn,

Vantage FX, UK are unable to open accounts for US-based clients due to strict laws in the states. We do have an alternative option, which you may have read during the Striker EA Activation process, for clients based in the states. In the early days before Vantage FX we were partnered with IBFX, US. However, due to the aforementioned changes in US Law it became extremely difficult for clients in UK to open accounts with IBFX. In order for The Forex Police to function adequately we had to change broker understanding that US holds the lions share of our target market(s). The change of broker resulted in a partnership with Vantage FX, UK. We recognised they couldn't accept clients from the US and therefore kept the partnership alive with IBFX specifically for US Clients.

The Striker EA Activation Page for Forex Peace Army Members can be found at the following link: The Forex Police - Live Account Activation (US Only)

Hi Michael,

How much does Striker cost to buy after the 6 month period - ie not the monthly cost but the price for Striker itself.

Is Vantage a market maker (trading against one) or is it ECN/STP?

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

The Striker EA is not available for sale. The Forex Police have developed 2 EA's in history - the first was FPD Project 1. Within a fortnight some wise as* hacked the software and published the code in a forum. We vowed never to let this happen again hence the reason why our activation options for the Striker have been structured in this way. You may be aware Jeff, we have spent years developing the Striker EA and strongly believe it to be the best out there... I am sure you can understand the pain felt when we seen the code was released for our previous EA. The FTSE 100 Club later purchased the legal rights to FPD Project 1.

Vantage FX, UK are not a market maker. Vantage FX, UK earn profits through spreads; like most who utilise the common MT4 platform. Vantage FX, UK are emerging as one of the major players in the industry. For us, it is crucial to partner with reputable companies in order to preserve our own reputation. We are comfortable with the relationship and association with Vantage FX.

Dear ForexPolice!

Does your EA work with HotForex or with AlpariUK? I would like to give it a try.

thanks,
Zoltan

Hello Zoltan,

I’m afraid all of our clients (out with the US) must have live accounts with Vantage FX, UK. Because we are all using the same platform/market feed it means we are all trading exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. It also allows us to be completely transparent... For example, if we published 10 wins from 12 on our website and you only had 5 wins on your trading account – our credibility/reputation immediately comes into doubt.

It has always been our goal from the outset to be transparent about everything we do. Honesty is by far the best policy, particularly in this industry. As I've mentioned before in this thread, we do not promise hotels, fast cars, holidays, lots of cash to anyone. We are open and honest about our figures and don't hide behind lies or a website. We have a telephone number where clients can speak to me directly. We do this because we believe the Striker to be an excellent product that presents an opportunity to start with a small balance and see it grow sensibly... a true investment opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back