Enjoy the Striker 100% Free for 6 Months; Exclusively for FPA Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Can I use my account with VantageFX Australia?

Hello Josephwatch,

I'm afraid we can only accept Vantage FX, UK. I have given our reasons in a previous post but please, get in touch on this thread if you feel there is anything I have missed or would like clarification on.

Last edited:
5 minutes walk from Soi Cowboy. Know it? Anyway, central Bangkok. I have an apartment at Wind Condominium.

ISP is True in Thailand. The Vantage FX platform froze here AND in London simultaneously.

In London I'm on T1 Global Switch 2, which is Europe’s largest purpose built data centre.

However, my contention is that due to this your questions are irrelevant. It was either a failure of the Vantage FX platform or a deliberate action by Vantage FX. Whatever it was makes Vantage FX a poor choice to execute trades reliably.

Heard of Soi cowboy, but never gone. Only been to Pattaya and Patong beach for 'fun activities', and overall I preferred Patong. How much is the rent over there?

Back on topic. Vantage is a reliable broker, but I have witnessed some downtimes myself from a VPS I have in NYC and also my client in Australia confirms this downtime. But they were fixed and then everything goes back to normal.

I don't think it was the broker's end; ultimately I think the problem lies with the signal provider (Striker EA) which I will go into a bit later.

Hello 4evermaat,

The average Risk to Reward for the Striker is 55/35 - it is structured in this way so that the Striker EA, in terms of probabilities would reach extreme levels if the Striker EA lost 7 straight trades. The maximum it has lost to date has been 6 (there has been well over 1,000 trades). A risk to reward of 55/35 would never experience 20 straight defeats - probabilities deem it impossible. The reason the Striker EA applies risk to reward in this manner is to ensure that when winning runs occur, compounding is experienced through the 5% of account balance risk per trade.

If risk to reward was 50/50 (risk 50 pips to win 50 pips)... Probabilities would struggle to reach 20 straight defeats. Flip a coin; the chances of 20 straight Heads is almost impossible and winning runs would be much fewer. We need to shift the risk/reward to increase the number of consecutive wins - it is these consecutive wins that push the account balance onto fresh profit/loss highs and show the true potential of the Striker EA.

Winners and losers in trading have nothing to do with profitability. Positive expectancy is what is needed for a system to stay profitable over repetition of the trade life cycle. In order to determine this, the user needs a better understanding of how Striker determines entries, actually enters, and exits the market. What are the limitations of the expectancy? Usually this is the range of prices the EA can survive until you go bust or hit stop loss.

Jasondask: We have a partnership with Vantage FX, UK – although both share the same company name they run very differently; almost as separate entities. Additionally, the Striker EA is programmed to calculate lot sizes based on the price GBP/USD because it only trades EUR/USD (pounds converted to Euros etc). It also allows for much more efficient server/platform management in terms of upgrades if we have single platform (broker) for all.

We have several clients from Australia who happily use Vantage FX, UK. We have found there to be no issues with this. It’s not uncommon for clients to have accounts with other brokers from different countries/currencies. Sometimes a change from the norm can be positive :)

Vantage FX, UK we have a very close relationship with and each of our clients has their own contact at Vantage FX who is fully aware of our software and its capabilities. Customer service is first class, withdrawals with no additional fees and some of the most competitive spreads on the market in particular for our chosen currency EUR/USD - just 1 pip. I haven’t received a single complaint about the service they provide. Granted, they are not (yet) one of the top brokers but in my experience (and we tested many brokers) their customer service is unbeatable; extremely competitive spreads are also a bonus.

- Do you have a contact with VantageFx (UK or AU), familiar with Striker EA, that you can share with us?

WhyLose: I'm afraid, to protect our Striker EA Signals Service we cannot install any form of Trade Copier on our servers. Additionally, to preserve server performance, it is best that we avoid external communications from our servers - this may affect the performance for other clients who share the same resource. I understand this is not ideal for your circumstance but I am confident that your Live Account Statement will suffice.

I have 2 problems with this:
1) A signal copy service is fully controlled by the end user (which is you in this case or whoever is broadcasting the signal). Most of the popular account copiers are very light on resources. The latency is negligible, especially if the customer's VPS is hosted nearby.

2) An EA should not be so specific that it can only be successful at 1 specific broker. EAs like this usually fall into the following categories:

a) They are taking advantage of a loophole at the broker (fake orders, hacked platform, etc).
b) The broker and/or ea seller is making commissions off the partnership, either on the spreads or sale of the EA. This isn't a bad thing, but the relationship can be toxic if...
c) The broker is assisting the EA vendor in faking live account statements, such as this recent example.
d) The ea is HFT or floods the broker with multiple orders simultaneously in a short period of time.

I do understand that the specific results will vary slightly from one broker to another, but EA's are designed to be mechanical and portable. I prefer some brokers over others, but no broker is irreplaceable. That's what makes mt4/mt5 so wonderful. If the EA was a very low latency scalper / HFT, metatrader 4 wouldn't be the best platform to use anyway, as orders take at least 200ms to be filled and reported back to the client terminal, even if you are co-located at the broker's trading server facility.

ThaSniper: Let me share with you and everyone the history of the Live Account we have on FPA. We began the Live Account with a balance of 1,800 - within several weeks the profit reached 2,400. The Striker EA, as you may know, risks only 5% per trade... During this winning period our lot size was increasing nicely; we topped up the account to 5,000 and took the dip in form at the highest possible lot size. We are not concerned about this loss as we always maintain a long term stance for the software and remain confident that the Striker will push on again. We invested money into this account as an investment - the way we believe trading should be... Not topping up trading accounts every few months and trying something different. Good systems, like the Striker, need time to come to fruition.

To summarise, the Striker EA is a genuine product - all of the results we publish on our website haven't been manipulated in any way; we believe in providing an honest & reliable service to clients. The Striker EA is an opportunity at low risk, a long term investment; we never guarantee clients profits because we simply can't but we can guarantee that we have worked extremely hard to create the Striker EA designed from many years of commitment and dedication to the subject we are completely passionate about.

Please feel free to respond to this thread with any questions you may have.

Michael

Do you have any 3rd party validation of these results, such as MyFxBook, Tradeo, FxCopy, etc, with full history of trades available?

Hello 4evermaat,

Thank you for your extensive feedback. Having read your post very carefully your understanding of our Business Model/Striker EA product is seriously flawed. In fact, on closer inspection you are making some serious claims and uneducated assumptions.

I don't think it was the broker's end; ultimately I think the problem lies with the signal provider (Striker EA) which I will go into a bit later.

An example of an uneducated assumption (above quote) - On the above quote you are referring to WhyLose and his comments about a suspected crash in his Vantage FX platforms. Your comment suggests the problem lies with the signal provider (Striker EA) - how could this be when the Striker wasn't installed? Additionally, the Striker EA is not a signal provider, it is an Expert Advisor which is attached directly to the chart of the trading platform.

Do you have a contact with VantageFx (UK or AU), familiar with Striker EA, that you can share with us?

Yes we do. Happy to share it offline: michael@theforexpolice.com - All of our clients have their own dedicated contact at Vantage FX as and when they need it. Vantage FX are fully aware of the Striker EA - one of many reasons why we chose a single broker. Clients feel confident in the product when the broker understands the product they are investing in. By working closely with a single broker we can also share ways to help improve the service on a number of levels.

A signal copy service is fully controlled by the end user (which is you in this case or whoever is broadcasting the signal). Most of the popular account copiers are very light on resources. The latency is negligible, especially if the customer's VPS is hosted nearby.?

We do have a Striker Signals Service - this is an additional service (we have 4 service options in total). Perhaps a link to our full range of services would help clear up any confusion: The Forex Police - Striker EA Activation Options

The Striker Signals Service send emails to clients with trade information from the Striker. For example, this morning the Striker EA sold EUR/USD at 1.3360 and closed with profit at 1.3326 (on all trading accounts). The signal would have been sent (by email) to clients who have subscribed to this service... The Signal: "Sell EUR/USD at 1.3360 | Stop/Loss: 1.3416 | Limit: 1.3326" - this service is designed for those who prefer to manually open trades.

2) An EA should not be so specific that it can only be successful at 1 specific broker. EAs like this usually fall into the following categories:

a) They are taking advantage of a loophole at the broker (fake orders, hacked platform, etc).
b) The broker and/or ea seller is making commissions off the partnership, either on the spreads or sale of the EA . This isn't a bad thing, but the relationship can be toxic if...
c) The broker is assisting the EA vendor in faking live account statements, such as this recent example.
d) The ea is HFT or floods the broker with multiple orders simultaneously in a short period of time.

I'm sorry 4evermaat but once again you have shown more uneducated statements derived from your head and only your head. To be frank, I find your quote above very insulting and offensive to say the least! Your statements are complete nonsense and unfounded but moreover they are a concoction of your own which has absolutely NO substance to it. In essence you are claiming we could be faking live statements and the broker is "churning" on our accounts; on the basis of what? A GUESS!

Why don't you just ask the questions instead of fabricating words aimed to make you appear knowledgeable when in reflection, these words just make you look silly and uneducated.

If you said, "Why do you only partner with one broker?"

We partner with one broker because...
(i) It is much easier to maintain client accounts when the brokers are the same. We have many clients using the Striker EA - maintenance must be seriously considered (server, platform updates etc).
(ii) There are differences across brokers in terms of price/time etc, the only way we could be truly transparent is if we can guarantee (as best we can) that our clients and ourselves trade at exactly the same times and have exactly the same account history. We win and lose together.
(iii) From a retail perspective, it provides security and consistency when partnered with a single broker. Communication between us and clients work better with a single broker. Relationships with other brokers could lead to confusion & inconsistencies.
(iv) We earn profits from the spread costs which are effectively Vantage FX's profits - we earn a small percentage from Vantage FX's profits... not the client. Like most brokers, Vantage FX earns revenues from spreads and as you well know everyone pays spreads to trade Forex.
(v) Software updates to the Striker EA are much more effective to carry out with single brokers. If we had 6 different brokers we could potentially require 6 different versions of the Striker because client A has a mini account with company X and client B a standard account with some other broker. Time differences are crucial to us as the Striker will only trade at specific times during the entire day - differences in broker = differences in time = different version of the software.
(vi) Introducing new brokers would mean extensive product (Striker EA) testing. We would prefer to invest our time into improving the Striker and the services we provide rather than needlessly investing time in other brokers. We don't feel it necessary as we are confident 100% in the service provided by Vantage FX.

I understand that you weren't directly accusing The Forex Police or Vantage FX of any wrong-doing but know that your assumptions can be enough to stigmatise both companies unfairly. We have worked extremely hard to preserve our reputation, hence the reason why we are completely transparent about all of our operations... I am sure if you properly read all of the posts in this thread and the content on our website you would realise that; we hide NOTHING. We've answered every question put to us honestly and with integrity. I found some of your comments to be inappropriate - particularly when you are guessing at what our operations might be rather than just asking the question. I could understand your response had we been reluctant to share information about us; you well know we haven't.

Yes, they are here on the Forex Peace Army website.

Please provide a link to these stats. Or if one of the mods can, that is fine also.

Hello 4evermaat,

Thank you for your extensive feedback. Having read your post very carefully your understanding of our Business Model/Striker EA product is seriously flawed. In fact, on closer inspection you are making some serious claims and uneducated assumptions.

An example of an uneducated assumption (above quote) - On the above quote you are referring to WhyLose and his comments about a suspected crash in his Vantage FX platforms. Your comment suggests the problem lies with the signal provider (Striker EA) - how could this be when the Striker wasn't installed? Additionally, the Striker EA is not a signal provider, it is an Expert Advisor which is attached directly to the chart of the trading platform.

Serious claims, maybe. Uneducated assumptions? I don't think so.

The server crash was on Vantage Fx end, not related to Striker EA. I have also experienced downtime with VantageFx. I was referring to other problems he was experiencing with Striker EA, and that is has nothing to do with the server crash, but for other reasons that I detailed in the post.

Yes we do. Happy to share it offline: michael@theforexpolice.com - All of our clients have their own dedicated contact at Vantage FX as and when they need it. Vantage FX are fully aware of the Striker EA - one of many reasons why we chose a single broker. Clients feel confident in the product when the broker understands the product they are investing in. By working closely with a single broker we can also share ways to help improve the service on a number of levels.

If you would please, I need the email address ending in @VantageFx.com , @VantageFx.com.au, or @VantageFx.co.uk . VantageFx UK or Au websites make no reference to the Striker EA, unlike their other 3rd party products that they endorse or have bona fide partnerships with. A common example of this is one-click trading software. Another example is AutoChartist.

We do have a Striker Signals Service - this is an additional service (we have 4 service options in total). Perhaps a link to our full range of services would help clear up any confusion: The Forex Police - Striker EA Activation Options

The Striker Signals Service send emails to clients with trade information from the Striker. For example, this morning the Striker EA sold EUR/USD at 1.3360 and closed with profit at 1.3326 (on all trading accounts). The signal would have been sent (by email) to clients who have subscribed to this service... The Signal: "Sell EUR/USD at 1.3360 | Stop/Loss: 1.3416 | Limit: 1.3326" - this service is designed for those who prefer to manually open trades.

I did take a look at the url about activation options from earlier in the thread. The email signal service, in my opinion is not worthwhile unless you can see how the system works to make profit. It appears to be a black box signal service. These type of systems in my experience are extremely risky because the trader cannot be confident on how reliable the signal is until after the fact.

The other options you propose, 1) the live option that is some sort of proprietary copy service. This is free for 3 months, but the user has no idea of how the product works. So why risk live funds on this type of system?
2) The demo account option....but only you can setup the demo. Why doesn't the user setup their own demo account? How can the user verify the trading.
3) The access to the Striker EA live trading account. This one seems to be sensible. Is this like downloading the mt4 terminal for VantageFX and then login to your live account using the investor password? Does the user have access to the full history of the live account?
I'm sorry 4evermaat but once again you have shown more uneducated statements derived from your head and only your head. To be frank, I find your quote above very insulting and offensive to say the least! Your statements are complete nonsense and unfounded but moreover they are a concoction of your own which has absolutely NO substance to it. In essence you are claiming we could be faking live statements and the broker is "churning" on our accounts; on the basis of what? A GUESS!

Why don't you just ask the questions instead of fabricating words aimed to make you appear knowledgeable when in reflection, these words just make you look silly and uneducated.
I ask questions as needed in an attempt to seek clarity. I did not intend to offend you. I did not guess anything; just showing what has been done in the past, many of the tactics I list have been revealed on FPA and other forums as well as my own personal observations of past forex and futures trading products. If you are not doing any of these things, then you have nothing to worry about. The product performance will be able to speak for itself.

edit: It is you that made the assumptions; not me.

If you said, "Why do you only partner with one broker?"

We partner with one broker because...
(i) It is much easier to maintain client accounts when the brokers are the same. We have many clients using the Striker EA - maintenance must be seriously considered (server, platform updates etc).
(ii) There are differences across brokers in terms of price/time etc, the only way we could be truly transparent is if we can guarantee (as best we can) that our clients and ourselves trade at exactly the same times and have exactly the same account history. We win and lose together.
(iii) From a retail perspective, it provides security and consistency when partnered with a single broker. Communication between us and clients work better with a single broker. Relationships with other brokers could lead to confusion & inconsistencies.
(iv) We earn profits from the spread costs which are effectively Vantage FX's profits - we earn a small percentage from Vantage FX's profits... not the client. Like most brokers, Vantage FX earns revenues from spreads and as you well know everyone pays spreads to trade Forex.
(v) Software updates to the Striker EA are much more effective to carry out with single brokers. If we had 6 different brokers we could potentially require 6 different versions of the Striker because client A has a mini account with company X and client B a standard account with some other broker. Time differences are crucial to us as the Striker will only trade at specific times during the entire day - differences in broker = differences in time = different version of the software.
(vi) Introducing new brokers would mean extensive product (Striker EA) testing. We would prefer to invest our time into improving the Striker and the services we provide rather than needlessly investing time in other brokers. We don't feel it necessary as we are confident 100% in the service provided by Vantage FX.

I understand that you weren't directly accusing The Forex Police or Vantage FX of any wrong-doing but know that your assumptions can be enough to stigmatise both companies unfairly. We have worked extremely hard to preserve our reputation, hence the reason why we are completely transparent about all of our operations... I am sure if you properly read all of the posts in this thread and the content on our website you would realise that; we hide NOTHING. We've answered every question put to us honestly and with integrity. I found some of your comments to be inappropriate - particularly when you are guessing at what our operations might be rather than just asking the question. I could understand your response had we been reluctant to share information about us; you well know we haven't.

You make some good points about partnering with a single broker in terms of simplicity on your end. As I said earlier, an EA or any mechanical trading system designed for a trading platform should not be so unique that it can only be profitable or credible with one broker. This is very inconvenient for the client, who for various reasons may want to trade with another broker. This is purely your choice from a business perspective, but the EA should have merit based on the profits it makes for the client, not only the introducing broker commissions earned by the EA developer/vendor.

I have not assumed anything yet, only stating observations. VantageFx is a regulated broker, and is capable of clarifying its position on the Striker EA product. It has to be clear with all of its product offerings and partnerships, as an improper association could potentially jeopardize its regulation.

I would be very interested to take a look at the live results from FPA or a fellow user, or on myfxbook, including full history of trades, etc. I can have some of my more educated trading buddies take a look at these results.

Last edited:
If you would please, I need the email address ending in @VantageFx.com , @VantageFx.com.au, or @VantageFx.co.uk

As mentioned in my previous post - email me if you want his details. I am uncomfortable posting other peoples personal details publicly. Happy to share with anyone offline - michael@theforexpolice.com

I did take a look at the url about activation options from earlier in the thread. The email signal service, in my opinion is not worthwhile unless you can see how the system works to make profit. It appears to be a black box signal service. These type of systems in my experience are extremely risky because the trader cannot be confident on how reliable the signal is until after the fact.

I understand your point here (to a degree) but isn't this true of trading in general (regardless of whether you know the method behind trade execution) that the reliability of the trades/signals we place is only found out when the position is closed? On reflection this seems like a bizarre statement from someone so educated in this industry.

Let me explain in more detail how the signals work. The Striker EA is installed on one of our live trading accounts. When the Striker EA places a trade on this particular account it connects to an external database and sends the signal to subscribed clients. The signals sent are exactly the same as those traded by the Striker on live accounts and demo accounts - all services we offer are trading exactly the same trade at exactly the same time. The Striker Signals service we added later due to client demand for it - there are clients who want to manually execute the trades. Those clients with full time employment will naturally prefer the Striker EA installed on their live account doing the work for them simply because they don't have time to manually trade.

You share much information about your experiences, offering your opinion (based on assumptions) assuming the Striker must slot into something that you understand because you've experienced something else. How can you realistically and with substance compare the Striker to your previous experiences having never experienced it?

Here is a general snippet of how the Striker EA determines trades...
The Striker, we deem as artificially intelligent because it is coded to interpret human feelings based on market fluctuations and attempts to foreknow the cycles based on similar cycles found in its database from over 25 years worth of key events in history for EUR/USD. The Striker assesses how the cycle was derived, how it responded, the market feeling during the response and the eventual outcome. Database matches become the blue print for projecting the future movement of price as the market moves into the unknown. The Striker mimics previous cycles to the exact degree and quits when they fall out of sync.

The other options you propose, 1) the live option that is some sort of proprietary copy service. This is free for 3 months, but the user has no idea of how the product works. So why risk live funds on this type of system?
2) The demo account option....but only you can setup the demo. Why doesn't the user setup their own demo account? How can the user verify the trading.
3) The access to the Striker EA live trading account. This one seems to be sensible. Is this like downloading the mt4 terminal for VantageFX and then login to your live account using the investor password? Does the user have access to the full history of the live account?

The Striker EA we present as a long term investment opportunity. Except for the exact details on how the Striker EA places trades, we have presented everything we have and have worked on to clients interested in Forex - we believe there is enough information available coupled with our willingness to answer any questions that clients/potential clients have to allow them to make their own mind up whether to invest or not. As I have mentioned previously we have many friends, family and colleagues who have invested in the Striker - ONLY because we genuinely believe it to be a great product. Many of our clients really enjoy and are excited by being part of the Striker EA and a rather alarming bunch who have claimed it has saved them huge sums of money - money that they would keep throwing into trading accounts and losing.

In terms of demo accounts - again, we receive a large number of demo requests and from a time management perspective it is best that we set the accounts up. In the past, clients were setting up their own demo accounts which became an administrative headache for us with different server addresses, account types, unable to login to accounts because info was missing or incorrent etc. A difference in account type means a different version of the Striker to be installed - primarily because of the lot size calculations. It is much more effective and reliable to manage a single version of the Striker software rather than multiple versions spread across many different platforms.
Once the demo account is setup the client is emailed information how to install the demo account on their computer. Each demo account is brand new and the client has full access to this on their computer where they can see the Striker trading.

Access to the Live Account is exactly as you stated. The client is sent the Investor password to access our live trading account. Again, full instructions with support (if needed) are sent in an email.

The above services (Option 2, 3 and 4) come with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unhappy with the service for whatever reason, just get in touch and we will guarantee payment is immediately returned.

I ask questions as needed in an attempt to seek clarity. I did not intend to offend you. I did not guess anything; just showing what has been done in the past, many of the tactics I list have been revealed on FPA and other forums as well as my own personal observations of past forex and futures trading products. If you are not doing any of these things, then you have nothing to worry about. The product performance will be able to speak for itself.

I appreciate that; I did understand your attempt to seek clarity... We are more than happy to answer any questions anyone has regarding the Striker EA. It is a product we firmly believe in and have spent many years perfecting before we released it commercially. It is not within our intentions to scam anyone in fact quite the opposite - hence the reason why we became involved with the FPA - believeing in what they stand for and willing & grateful to be part of it. I also appreciate that we are subject to criticism due to other products that have gone before us and will naturally fall under the microscope as a consequence but like you mentioned the product performance will speak for itself.

You make some good points about partnering with a single broker in terms of simplicity on your end. As I said earlier, an EA or any mechanical trading system designed for a trading platform should not be so unique that it can only be profitable or credible with one broker. This is very inconvenient for the client, who for various reasons may want to trade with another broker. This is purely your choice from a business perspective, but the EA should have merit based on the profits it makes for the client, not only the introducing broker commissions earned by the EA developer/vendor.

I also appreciate there can be inconvenience for the client but we believe that if our overall service to clients suffers as a consequence of having multiple brokers, multiple versions of the software and being an administrative nightmare leading to mistakes potentially being made it is a decision we had no choice but to make. It is in our best interests to provide the client with the best possible service we can... How we are currently structured is best and most reliable for the maintenence of many trading accounts. There are no hidden or suspicious reasons why we have structured our business model other than the many reasons I have given you.

I have not assumed anything yet, only stating observations. VantageFx is a regulated broker, and is capable of clarifying its position on the Striker EA product. It has to be clear with all of its product offerings and partnerships, as an improper association could potentially jeopardize its regulation.

This is very true. In my opinion & experience, Vantage FX are an up and coming broker - we chose them specifically because the potential was clear but moreover, their customer service and account creation turn around time was most appealing. I understand that they have recently installed new data feed servers located in London to continue to improve their service - I think this can only be positive and clear signs of a company moving in the right direction. They will become a top player in the industry. For all clients who subscribe to the Striker EA will be introduced to Vantage FX who are fully aware of the Striker EA and will happily answer any questions you have regarding the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back