etoro.com - strange positions - Scam ?

sbstorm

Recruit
Hello everyone,

I've a problem with etoro.com.
Indeed, I deposit total of $3,800 on my account and could up it to more than $7,000. So I decided to withdraw $6,500 and let the rest to continue to trade when I receive my money. What I've done is let my account and didn't log in until the weekend. All operations to ask the withdraw were normal, and I receive the confirmation by the website. My mistake was not to take a screenshot because it has disappeared from the history.

Arrived to the week-end, I log in my account to check. But I discover than my account was down to $14. Firstly, I didn't panic because I know some websites like my bank have problem of update during the weekend and display wrong data. I checked more the history and that was at this moment I discover a lot of positions were done; in lost of course even if some were in profit. But the think I can't believe was many positions were opened with the higher leverage on etoro and big sum ($2,500 *400); one thing I couldn't do at all even with a very very big account.

It was not all, I also discover that many tries of deposit were done with my paypal account and my credit card. All failed with paypal but a total of $2,000 was deposit from my credit card; and of course lost with big positions. In resume, my account was passed from about $9,000 (initial deposit of $3,800 + about $3,200 of profit + $2,000 deposit that I didn't asked) to $14 and I don't know what's happened yet.

I had contacted the support immediately the person who contacted my when I sign in and the support to explain the problem. Only the support replied to asked which positions were concerned. So I sent back all positions. After 2 days, they just answered that the positions were done manually so they couldn't do anything. But I saw and know that already.

So I sent a new mail to know more details, have logs, history with Ips, etc.... My case was transferred to the manager who called me; and said they will have a meeting the next morning and give me an answer in the afternoon. I waited 1 day...2 days....1 week.... and I decided to remind them about my problem.

But they just replied me about an other case I opened (I tried to deposit again, operations seems well done; I took screenshots in case. But nothing come on my account. After about 2 weeks... they said they contacted Paypal to know about that....and just after that they closed my account....because nothing were registered in history. Anyway this second case was resolved and everything seems cancelled or because there was a problem when I tried to deposit again).

Back to my initial problem, since the day the person called me ( 31 jan 2013 ), I didn't received any others reply about it even if I remind this person and the support 1 or 2 times every weeks. Each time, I asked for all details about those positions but right now I'm still wait.... and wait since near 1 month...and the best is my account was closed. So I can't connect anymore and do more screenshots. But I've already do enough since the beginning of this problem.

Thanks you for reading and help me.

Last edited:
Email every address you can find for eToro. Give them the URL of this discussion thread. Tell them you want those trading records (minus your name) posted in this thread so that everyone can see them.

I had an account with eToro for about four years. I always found them to be scrupulously fair. Whilst they might not move at lightening speed, any problems that arose were always dealt with very professionally. Whatever went on, I think it is important to get to the bottom of what happened in your case. It would be good if eToro could respond to this thread and tell us their side of the story. eToro are becoming one of the bigger players and it is important that they maintain their high standards.

Leave them a 1 star review if you haven't done so already. Then send them followups by email, livechat, and all other means.

Dear sbstorm,

Please excuse me for the lateness of this reply. Since you do not mention your eToro username or case number it was a bit of a struggle to find you in our system. I wanted to make sure that I base my response on accurate and complete information that is indeed relevant to your case.

I did manage to find your file in the end, however, unfortunately my response is not going to be any different than the one you’ve already received from our support.

The positions that you refer to were executed manually, meaning that they had to be executed by someone outside our system. Moreover, we can see that not only were they opened manually, but their Stop Losses were edited several times while they were open. This had to have been done by someone who had full access to your account.

In regards to the credit card payments: we do not keep your payment details in our system, they have to be entered manually every time you make a transaction. During the period that you are talking about (specifically Jan 24) payment attempts were made both from your PayPal and CC, therefore whoever made them had to have access to both these payment methods.

As for the closing of your account, this was done subsequently after you had made claims about PayPal payments that were not deposited in your account and sent us manipulated screenshots to back them up. We were forced to contact PayPal and find out that none such payments were effectuated.

Moreover, having looked through the correspondence between yourself and our support representatives, I can see that you have received adequate responses each time you contacted us, responses which reflect the above statements.
My conclusion is therefore the same as that of my colleagues in the eToro support team. The only way that someone other than yourself had made the trades and deposits in question is if they had acquired access to your login details and payment information. We have no proof suggesting that this is what had occurred. Furthermore, as you can read in the eToro terms and conditions, this scenario does not fall under our responsibility.

If you have any new information that you think is relevant to the case and that can affect our position on the matter, I invite you to contact our support team.

Best regards,
Abby, eToro Team

Dear Abby,

I thank you for your answer but I'm still not satisfy by it because you still reply the same thing. What can I do with only those words ? I warned the support about my Problem, and since it said me that all positions were done manually, I asked you so many time to get all information, all details, concerning those positions. But I just see from this time, you still refuse to give them to me and repeat all time the same thing.

It's so simple for you to get those information and just send them to me. Why do you still no reply and give more details like I expected and asked you ?

You also said I manipulated my screenshots ? How ? I just took them and sent them like they are.

Anyway, I still request you the history, log about the concerned positions. If someone have accessed to my account like you said; I don't know, if it's the truth or not; but the fact is : you really made me lost a lot of time to do research by my side and retrieve him...

By the way, you may remarked that in all mails, all posts, I never accused you about anything; only warned you about my problem and searched to solved it. But you have chosen yourself to not reply me, so I'm sorry to say it but it let me think about bad things.

Last edited:
Abby,

Can you please check the IPs that the account used to place trades? If someone else did access sbstorm's account, he has the right to know what IPs were used to place the trades. I recall another "mystery trades" complaint a year or two back that turned out to be a roommate. Giving him the IPs may reveal an issue inside his home or may show that an outsider somehow had access.

Indeed, I live alone but in a house with many independent rooms (old hostel) and we all share the same internet connection. I need these informations and IPs to make my researches like I always said.

Back