• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
long term fapt user

I started with fapt in Dec 2008 and have run it pretty much throughout the past two years. FT seems to run in cycles of profitability and the trick is to turn it down when it starts to lose a bit. Profitability is very sensitive to spreads so you must only run it on a reputable broker with 3 to 5 pip spreads. I have also found it best to go with tp=5 instead of the vendor's defaults. This way the EA can get through its trades easily and be ready to take the next one. It also avoids many SL situations where going for the full pip TP leaves you sitting all day in a vulnerable situation. I have honed the trading hours down to trade just 20:00 to 23:00 GMT. After this I tend to manually close out anything hanging around break even or better. Overall I have made good profits in 2 years but like nearly all EAs it is not just set and forget...you must look in regularly to see what it is doing and adjust accordingly.

I only made good profits after FAP Turbo was released.
I think the only people who really made good money with it were the programmers because of their heavy marketing.
I stopped using FAP Turbo when I lost all profits I made over the course of a few weeks in a few trades, then later I started again, made some profits, again lost them in very few trades till I recently decided to quit for good.
I think that the experience most users have made.

Yes, that is the same experience I had.
You do not get access to their forum till you buy the EA and then you read of all the loses that others are having. And always getting blamed for their not having the correct settings.

Hi! So I take it the latest version (52) is no good either then? Most frequent issue is that FT scalps well in profitting the small trades but you lose everything on the big trades, as well as the fact that you have to constantly change settings.

Is there any way around these issues?? Would br great to have a bot that scalped and worse case had a 5-10pip SL.

I started with fapt in Dec 2008 and have run it pretty much throughout the past two years. FT seems to run in cycles of profitability and the trick is to turn it down when it starts to lose a bit. Profitability is very sensitive to spreads so you must only run it on a reputable broker with 3 to 5 pip spreads. I have also found it best to go with tp=5 instead of the vendor's defaults. This way the EA can get through its trades easily and be ready to take the next one. It also avoids many SL situations where going for the full pip TP leaves you sitting all day in a vulnerable situation. I have honed the trading hours down to trade just 20:00 to 23:00 GMT. After this I tend to manually close out anything hanging around break even or better. Overall I have made good profits in 2 years but like nearly all EAs it is not just set and forget...you must look in regularly to see what it is doing and adjust accordingly.

This person must work for Fapturbo.
My account is not being nickled and dimed to death it's being hacked out in great chunks. In the last 24hours it's lost £380 in only 3 trades. Fapturbo holds on to losing trades to long.

Will they except it no.

I am going to stop trading with FapTurbo and trade with more reliable EA. And my advice to any body thinking of buying fapturbo is don't.

Fapturbo will be profitable for a while then you will lose chunks of your capital. This is the 3rd big draw down I have had this year.

Is there a way of mitigating the way Fapturbo holds on to losing trades? Is there a FAPturbo support area I can email? Im surprised this is allowed to happen without the developers trying somehow to rectify this!

Max

Fapturbo "live" is demo

The statements on Fapturbo website has a deposit notation to make it look like real money. Though the website says those are live, real money account, it is obvious they are demo because the ticket number sequence on both accounts FXCBS and Iamfx belong to demo accounts. Is it not considered a scam that the site repeats all over that those accounts are real money when in fact they are demo?

FAP Turbo Flash??

I was under the impression that this whole thread was about FAP turbo Flash but few of the narratives in the first few pages relate to my wholly different experience. I won't be buying it after my experience with the beta version over the last 5 weeks. And I've seen nil evidence of any scalping abilities whatsoever. The EA was sent to me for testing and is still at its beta stage of development (I believe)

FAPT Flash unpredictably enters two trades simultaneously, upon the pretext that one will close early locking in your profit - with the rest being "gravy". Saw that happen once each on the demo and the LIVE account. Rest of the time I was flabbergasted as to why it would open a duplex buy-trade on a down-trending EURUSD and then go deep into loss. Sometimes it would, because of its very wide stoploss, recover - however often at the time of trade entry its take profit setting would be totally out of the ballpark with respect to the narrow channelling range of the EURUSD.

I frequently had to extricate my ThinkForex live account from situations that this EA got me into, however I let the other copy (on a ThinkForex demo account), soldier on - and it eventually made some minimal profits. However it would be a robot that I'd be unhappy about not closely monitoring and switching OFF at times of high volatility. My guess is that it won't endear many FAP operators towards keeping it up and running. Taking a $150 loss ($75 + $75) is double the offence in my view. The philosophy of doubling up is fascinating - but fatally flawed IMHO. What next? triplicated robots - or a whole army of them marching roughshod through your accounts. TulipFX has proved that it is possible to construct an EA that trades sensibly and chooses its battles wisely (Kangaroo). GPS Robot will, 98% of the time, give you a more or less guaranteed return (although minimal) - with the 2% possibility of trashing your account if it about-turns just as the EURUSD does the same. However, having said that, the GPS Robot is now trading twice a week only (IAMFX, FXPRO, FinFX, ThinkForex and FOREX.com) for five pips (if you're lucky). That's one way of minimizing losses when it is supposedly "set" to trade 11 times per week. My GPS Robots are set to default.

I'll watch forthcoming reports on FAPT Flash with interest, mainly because I just don't see the logic in its wayward entries and double the risk exposure by opening duplex trades in nonsensical directions. You get the impression of a blindfolded darts thrower with two darts rubber-banded together.

Confusing Thread - FAP Turbo or FAP Turbo FLASH?

The FPA chart and invitation at Fapturbo Flash Expert Advisor Demo Test by ForexPeaceArmy.com
refers you to this thread for further forum discussion even though there's very little comparison to be made between FAP Turbo and FAP Turbo Flash performance or design. "The Flash" isn't a scalper. It can drone on for hours....sometimes ending up in profit and often hitting its stop-loss. The latter EA ["The Flash"] is still in BETA and the free preview version expires on 01 May 11. Unless its behaviour changes in the final version, I'll not be investing in it.

Misleading to say the least.......

How fast and easy may I setup Fab and is it possible to follow different strategies for each client?

Back