FXM Live and my journey to success

Very eventful week but not a good outcome.

Monday – a winner on AUD/USD, good for 22 pips , not a bad start.

Tuesday - no trades.

Wednesday we had quite a few setups. The first one on the NZD/JPY, trying to get in after a retracement. Unfortunately it hit the stop-loss level soon after.
When the US Non-farm payroll report came out the reaction was a bit surprising, possibly as the dollar moves were already extended, dollar strength was apparent for the morning. So another loss on that.
Another opportunity on GBP/USD resulted in a loss as well. One more news release trade on the USD/CHF also a loss. Ouch.

Thursday a trade on GBP/USD at the release of the BOE interest rate resulted in a breakeven. Wasn't so lucky with a EUR/USD trade a little later, 20 pips loss on that.

Friday - NFP day, which is always a very important release. The idea was to set up a buy and a sell order on EUR/USD and whichever triggers should move enough to hit the profit target level. Upon release there was an initial reaction which triggered the sell, hit the stoploss, then price reversed triggering the buy order too but reversing again after a minute or two for another loss. On top of that it seems that there was some slippage to, instead of 20 pips that I set for SL the losses were almost 30 pips on both.

Results: very disappointing week, one of the worst so far, making it really difficult to keep up the enthusiasm. About 100 pips down from the week before, that is difficult to recover from but will try.

A bit less eventful but slightly better results this last week...

Monday – a setup based on the expected continuation of the move on the USD/JPY, selling after a small retracement. Unfortunately the move did not continue, it reversed instead hitting my stoploss.

Tuesday and Wednesday- no trades.

Thursday a technical trade on GBP/USD offered an opportunity, seemed like price will break out to the downside but the move quickly reversed. Fortunately by then the stoploss level was reduced to about 6 pips.

Friday – a setup on the GBP/USD gave me a few pips, Ben in the trading room used different profit target and got about 40 pips. Next opportunity was the US Retail Sales release, using the usual method got 20 pips winner. Yay!

Results: somewhat better than previous weeks, closed the week with a positive balance but still long way away from recovering my losses.

Not great results but not disastrous either...

Monday – a setup based on the expected continuation of the move on the USD/JPY, selling after a small retracement. Unfortunately the move did not continue, it reversed instead hitting my stoploss. Originally I thought we supposed to use 15 pips as stop-loss but after I opened the trade I realized the stoploss Ben used was 30 pips which meant I had to double the risk. In hindsight I should have closed the trade straightaway, instead of letting it hitting the SL level.

Tuesday- two trades, both of them news release trades. First one moved favourably upon release but slowed down soon so I got out with a few pips profit. Second one was similar, created a spike and just missed my profit target by a pip or two then retraced and hit my stoploss which by then I adjusted to break-even. Ben got about 8 pips on that I believe.

Thursday a technical trade on GBP/USD offered an opportunity, price advanced for a while but the afternoon news release reversed it. At the same time on the news release entered on AUD/USD as well which almost hit the profit target before price reversed.

Friday – a news related trade setup on the USD/CAD gave me 10 pips profit. Should have been 20, I used the app to open the trade before the news release, may have been my settings wrong. Still profit is profit...

Results: small mistakes still being made and affecting the bottom line. 15% down from my opening balance.

Another losing week...

Monday – a setup based on the expected continuation of the move on the EUR/USD, selling after a small retracement. Unfortunately the move did not continue, it reversed instead and hit my stoploss. Another similar setup had the same result for the second loss on the same day.

Tuesday- news related setup (GDP data release) trading the NZD/USD. It did not hit my profit target and I was away from my pc, by the time I got back it hit my stoploss. Ben used the same setup and his profit target was hit, this is the most frustrating part as I don't really now what went wrong, maybe slight price difference on the platform.

Wednesday- first trade of the day on GBP/USD (GDP data release) resulted in a loss, the usual problem, price spiked to get me in the trade and it reversed hitting my stop-loss. Second trade was a similar setup, related to several news releases coming out at the same time. Interestingly the reaction was a little subdued , it triggered my trade but I got out at break-even.

Thursday and Friday the trading room was closed so no trades on those days.

Results: short week but really not good results. All the trades this week were losing ones so I'm almost 19% down of my opening balance.

Back