how long to stay on demo

Donovan.CC

Recruit
I would suggest not to rush thing in forex. Trade in the demo account as long as possible till you are confident enough to trade live and are ready to accept losses because there is no exact duration on how long a person should spend trading in a demo account.

Charlieboy885

Corporal
I worked on a demo account for around 6 months before moving onto a live account. I still keep my demo account open to test strategies from time to time. I think it's a handy tool which isn't always utilised properly.

sarah2701

Recruit
If you have gained good knowledge and practiced enough you can shift to live trading but for strategy testing always use a demo account first.

Kirstysingy

Recruit
I’m not sure you can put a timeline on it as people learn at different rate, but at least a good few months of good results. It can be hard to not make the move early but you want to be in it for the long game.

Keithstyles1

Private
Hi there.

I'm still a newbie. I've been reading through a lot of posts and the consensus is to definitely demo trade before even thinking about using or losing my cash. For those avid traders, how long did you trade on a demo account before moving over to a live account. I know I can't base my timeline on any other individual's experience....but would just like to hear a few suggestions :)
Until your confident enough to go live

fxoday

Recruit
I think trading in a demo account should to uses in serious way to learn, if not yet find or master a profitable strategy, don't move to a real trading account because the risk is higher, but sometimes traders try in a real account just curious how the feeling trade in live account trading.

Eryk Martin

Recruit
You can trade on demo as long as you want and as long as you get the confidence that you are not gonna mess up your real funds.

Gromvelt

Private, 1st Class
I wouldn't use a demo account for too long. Just test your strategy and learn how to work with the teminal and that's it.