how long to stay on demo

Summer_552

Recruit
According to my trading strategy, it is beneficial to stay on demo and live simultaneously because trading has a wide spectrum to play with the various strategies and trusting your instincts; in which demo accounts can help. But defining a time period to first stay on demo and then creating a live account does not appeal to me. I started with the least investment and operated on both my accounts and have learned a lot that way.

bigbax699

Recruit
Stay on demo until your consistent. if you cant be consistent in demo then you should never go to a live account

bigdolly

Sergeant Major
My advice is to stay for the time needed to explore platform functionality, tools indicators, opening/closing orders, understanding how margin works and calculated etc. It took me 1 month to learn everything from Hotforex platform.

PonyHinch

Recruit
I would suggest you understand everything thoroughly first on demo. Once you have gained enough skills and practical knowledge create a live account. Go with a small investment in the beginning and see the results.

Farm_Yard_Forex

Private, 1st Class
Hard to answer as it varies from person to person. 3-6 months is probably the recommended time but depends how confident you are.

fxoday

Sergeant
Hard to answer as it varies from person to person. 3-6 months is probably the recommended time but depends how confident you are.
Yes, indeed it will different for each person, there is some trader spent to practice in demo account more than two years, but there is some rush beginner just on demo a week and then jump to real trading., but indeed many recommendations to practice in the demo at least six months, because many trader fail less than six months.