how long to stay on demo

I have never used a demo account and I think it was the best decision I have made. The only way you can learn how to trade is by trading and no trading takes place in a demo account. I do understand that I am in the minority here, but if I look at the 98% failure rate I think being in the minority is a good thing.

One should trade in demo account until he becomes a good trader and gains confidence as well. If you do not practice in demo account you won't be able to make money in real account.

Another reason for demos, even for the most experiences traders: What happens if you decide to try out a new platform? Do you want to risk REAL money while learning what buttons to press? Brokers don't reverse trades because you accidentally screwed up.

Another reason for demos, even for the most experiences traders: What happens if you decide to try out a new platform? Do you want to risk REAL money while learning what buttons to press? Brokers don't reverse trades because you accidentally screwed up.

Like......

Yeah I agree with you. I have more than 02 years of experience in FX. But still use Demo for this purpose and testing new strategies.

Hey all, new to the forum... would you say in your opinion the length of time of demo or paper trading should be determined by time, success or possibly both? I mean surely it is different if one has had 6 months in a row of straight profits compared to another of 2 years of straight losses? I am trying to work out where does the time and the success come into it....... And it there another factor or do you just stay the course on demo until fully profitable on demo and if so then how long is fully profitable on demo?:D 3 months? 6 months? 2 years? Hahaha Thanks:confused:

no kidding, that happened to me when I started trading. it was a HUGE lesson.

Hey all, new to the forum... would you say in your opinion the length of time of demo or paper trading should be determined by time, success or possibly both? I mean surely it is different if one has had 6 months in a row of straight profits compared to another of 2 years of straight losses? I am trying to work out where does the time and the success come into it....... And it there another factor or do you just stay the course on demo until fully profitable on demo and if so then how long is fully profitable on demo?:D 3 months? 6 months? 2 years? Hahaha Thanks:confused:
CONSISTENT success would be a crucial factor before moving away from demo. at the same time, you can live trade a tiny real account.

Yeah I agree with you. I have more than 02 years of experience in FX. But still use Demo for this purpose and testing new strategies.

Rightly said, it is up to a trader how much he wants to stay in a demo account. If you are confident enough with your strategy then you can go live to trade in real account and make money.

Back