How to know which EA opened which position ?

You'd better differentiate between EAs in order to be quick on the uptake when some of them will go nuts.
Trading bots should always be controlled by the human-being because certain situation on the market can make EAs go mad and start opening losing deals. I would recommend you to make different accounts for different bots in order to make it easy for you to understand what exactly went wrong and how to correct your trading in order to keep on making the profits even after the failure of a bot.

Always use separate instances of MT4 or whatever platform you are using and run 1 EA per instance. Running multiple EAs on the same instance is asking for trouble.

You'd better differentiate your EAs in order to track down their results. The most pathetic thing when you deal with the robots which were nor created by you is the fact that everything may go wrong every moment. It is an open secret that there is no universal trading bot which would trade equally effecctively in all possible market situations, that is why you have to be extremely attentive and picky. There were lots of situations when traders left trading bots on overnight and they lose all the money from trading accounts. This happens quite frequently and you should keep your eyes opened. However, it is very difficult to track down the trading bots and the results of their operation when they are all mixed up. If you use several bots, do differentiate them, that is a kind of diversification which should always be present in all sorts of investing.

Hi All

I am new to MT4 and EAs. recently I am using 2 EAs working on same pair. Each has his own magic number.

But when I have positions opened or when I pull a history report I have no clue who opened what ?

Any Advice ?
You can check that info in trading journal, it shows all details about trading orders (it's not trading history!)

Back