• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info on broker: BankDirectFX

And tho it has now been changed, the info on BDFX website registration listed contact as excelsiorforex.com I had mentioned that earlier and note that has now been removed. So we have absolutely no real knowledge on this broker and who they are. Of course, regulated or not - using some of these 'traders' to manage your account (like privatefx or vistafx and the list goes one) will result in you losing all your money or most of it. myfxbook results do NOT mean that you will ever see the same results so don't put much faith in that. I really urge caution on using BDFX or signing up with primefundfx. If you have money you can afford to lose - go ahead. But otherwise, stop giving these guys your money so they can lose it for you. Some also may have been involved in the prophetmax scam and I think people lost over 50 million bucks in that one. And their wonderful little brokerage was some unknown entity regulated in New Zealand. But that did not stop them from stealing and losing everyone's money. So please, be careful. Stop giving these guys your money.

For me it Looks near the Same as Handelssignale.com. (Atlas Business corp.)We shoult them never give us our Money! Be very carefully!!!

Nemo100... BankDirectFX has been around since 2009. You can even see their site archived on the internet and they have been listed on hedge fund sites. I am going to put my account up on fxstat (I personally dont like myfxbook) in a couple weeks to show you guys results. Honestly, this was worth a test to me because you will find very few companies requiring no upfront fees whatsoever and have a myfxbook. And efafx, bdfx is "non reputable broker" .. what? I had $10K at FinFX which is a broker illegally accepting Americans unregulated in Finland. You think that too? Look at FXCM and big brokers.. they take 2+ Pips on you. Now that is a CON!!
Ryan stated correctly as my research, Belgium doesn't even offically register Forex yet.. about half the developed countries still don't even see FX as an investment. It's VERY new compared to conventional investments.
I propose we reserve judgements until someone has been in the fund for 60 days, there is a significant drawdown, or someone's funds have been mishandled in some way.

Yes, their site is archived but there is nothing on their site until the last few months. Unless you are seeing something different.......... I looked back using the wayback machine and tho the web name was registered some time ago, there was not an active website until very recently.

And yes, we can't really verify anything here. The real test will be for someone to put their money into Bank DirectFX using primefundfx to trade and see how it goes. And of course, if it does work out, the better test will be to see where it is in one year from now. Blown out....or increased more than being in a bank. And if the account grows, will people be successful in pulling their money out. So at the moment it is a guessing game and one has to go with their gut feeling. And I know from experience that what is posted in places like myfxbook does not mean that your account will look anything like what is shown.

Hi Jeandre de Beer (fxnewstraders),

Thanks for the query. We spoke earlier on the subject. I’m happy to provide more information for you.

To understand, you must be familiar with the concept of lot-sizing, $/pip value, and total gross-dollar return. It's quite simple, and I am confident you can follow.

I’ll use March 2013 as an example. The account's start balance was $119,235.40. In order to earn a 17.41% return, you need to make +$20,770.05 in profit.

If your winning trades are twice the lotsize (and therefore gross-dollar profit) versus your losing trades, it is possible to achieve this net profit despite a losing total pip count. See below:

WINNING TRADES

Total Lots traded: 1,350.26 lots
Total Pips: +1,125.30
Total P/L: +$57,784.95

LOSING TRADES
Total Lots traded: 528.51
Total Pips: -2,206 pips
Total P/L: (-$37,014.90)

As you can see, our trading resulted in a net of +$20,770.05 (+17.42%) while having a total pip count of -1,080.70 (1125.30 - 2206).

It's very easy, really: if you are consistently achieving winning/profitable trades with a lot size that is many multiples higher than your average losing trade (and has a higher $/pip value on winners vs. losers), a trader can make a dollar profit while having a negative pip count. It's quite common, actually, and I'm surprised you're not familiar with it, as all experienced investors are.

Here's another example to do for you, using a single trade:

You have a $100,000 trading account.

You make a 15 lot trade for +50 pips. You make +$7,500.00

You make a 0.04 lot trade for -1,200 pips. You lose -$480.00 (-0.48%)

TOTAL P/L is +$7,020. Total pip count is -1,150 pips. You've made +7% while losing -1,150 pips.

This is why "pip counting" is an amateur habit. Pips have no real relevance or value in professional investing as there is a serious disconnect between pips earned and actual ROI% made.

Professional traders use dynamic lot-sizing and risk control when executing their trades, and it gives them flexible decision making and profit-taking opportunities.

Again, in this instance, PrimeFundFX uses a variety of long-term and short-term trades. A short-term trade, like the 15 lot example above, is taken very often.

Long-term trades, with P/L targets of 0.5% or less, are taken less frequently, but can contribute to distortions on the pip curve.

A 1,000 pip loss on a long-term trade may result in a 0.4% loss, whereas 50 pip gains on larger short-term trades will accumulate exponentially higher % returns and gross-dollar value returns.

PrimeFundFX has executed over 7,000 trade orders since 2010. We execute 200-300 trades per month. These pip deviations can accumulate substantially over such a period.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Lukas

i deposited 8k with BDFX

Dear Madam, Sir (wokad80),

Congratulations!

Hi All,
First I would like you to excuse me poor English as English is not my first language. I only registered in this forum because I already deposited 8k with BDFX and was then contacted by Lukas from primefundfx.com to manage my account. I have been checking my account with them and they are making profits in my account. HOWEVER, they don't close losing positions and that worries me so much. So far the difference between scored profits from closed positions and losses from not yet closed ones is about +1k in less than 3weeks. I can't say that I fully trust them but I will try to comeback to this thread in 1 week to follow up with you. So far I would give them 65 out of 100 but I would need two more weeks to give you all my final judgment. If you have ANY questions feel free to post them and I will answer them.

G'day

Hi everyone, I have taken the plunge and have signed up with primefundfx through bdfx and have had no issues so far. Before I took the leap of faith I contacted primefundfx several times via email to ask questions and openly asked them if it was a scam and raised my concerns. Every time I got a response with no issues. I then approached the broker, bdfx. I had no issues with them, they verified primefundfx has been with them for over 3 years. I have now opened an account with no issues and funded it with no issues either other than the fact the the exchange rate is crap and i had to send about $3500 AUD to get to the $3000 USD account minimum but that's not their fault. I've set up a mxfxbook page. Honestly I am still skeptical, but I am up $266 already on a $3,000 account so I'm not complaining. After about 2 months if it has been successful I will try to withdraw some funds, and assuming there are no issues, I would have no hesitation with adding more money later.

https://www.myfxbook.com/portfolio/mt4-33772/661400

Back