Interactiveoption credit card scam

Just a quick update on interactiveoption i have speaking over skype with my account manager and he informed me that "telephone conversations are recorded". It has been a month since the first transactions and whilst i have good memory particularly when agreeing to debit my credit card, can i request these recorded conversations from them?

Just a quick update on interactiveoption i have speaking over skype with my account manager and he informed me that "telephone conversations are recorded". It has been a month since the first transactions and whilst i have good memory particularly when agreeing to debit my credit card, can i request these recorded conversations from them?

Of course you can ask for it.

It seems to me that they are just stalling you, file a chargeback right away. Also I highly suggest you to file a complaint through ASIC so they can possibly issue a warning against these guys

Juts another short update. I wish now that I had recorded all of these phone conversations, but I never had the equipment or smart phone. Plus it is illegal in Australia to record phone conversations without letting the other person know. I have joined a company today that has given me a new number that records all the conversation. I will give this new number to my account manager and when he calls he will be greeted with "this call is being recorded" and then it is forwarded to my mobile phone. So he will either decide not to proceed with the call and show that his transparentcey or will decline and use Skype chat. We will see what happens after I Skype him the new number. I have many transactions on my account and many, many irregularities which need to be sorted out. I feel that if the broker can record our conversations then I am well within my rights also.

Of course you can ask for it.

It seems to me that they are just stalling you, file a chargeback right away. Also I highly suggest you to file a complaint through ASIC so they can possibly issue a warning against these guys
Thanks Eddiger I have filed a complaint through Cysec and also I have also filed 5 separate chargeback incidents with my bank. I have contacted their support and compliance emails (with no answers) he assures me I will see 4000 euros in my bank account by Friday. We will see. He wants me to drop the complaints and there is no way until this is resolved. I will also complain to Asic as you have suggested. Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep you updated.

Thanks Eddiger I have filed a complaint through Cysec and also I have also filed 5 separate chargeback incidents with my bank. I have contacted their support and compliance emails (with no answers) he assures me I will see 4000 euros in my bank account by Friday. We will see. He wants me to drop the complaints and there is no way until this is resolved. I will also complain to Asic as you have suggested. Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep you updated.

Great but I also suggest to drop a complaint through ASIC Australian Securities and Investments Commission - Complaining about companies or people then they might issue a warning against them for Ausie traders

Hello Stormbruce

The rules about recording or monitoring any telephone conversations differ in each country, so I'd be very careful about such actions, as the caller on the other end just might have different laws that could do you more harm than good.

Take the legal channels Eddiger and other genuine members give yourself ;) and ignore all other "warriors" who prefer to gallop off into another direction (as usual) :rolleyes:

Good luck
Liz

Hello Stormbruce

The rules about recording or monitoring any telephone conversations differ in each country, so I'd be very careful about such actions, as the caller on the other end just might have different laws that could do you more harm than good.

Take the legal channels Eddiger and other genuine members give yourself ;) and ignore all other "warriors" who prefer to gallop off into another direction (as usual) :rolleyes:
Good luckLiz

Hi Liz, i just got off the phone to the account manager and it seems he wants to work with me and told me the money has been sent. So i will just wait and see if it all comes through ok. He originally did tell me it was illegal to use the phone recording, so i just said ring me on my mobile. So no recording even though i know they were recording me. I am so really tired of it and just want it settled. This is probably not the place to post this but my optionrally manager skyped me and said sorry for the delay and my funds have been released. So will wait and see. We have a lunar eclipse tonight and the moon is half gone! Is that a good or bad thing?:confused:

Always look on the bright side :)
Hi Eddiger, i do try to look on the bright side (most times anyway!) but in the 60 years i have been alive i have perhaps become a little cynical. I have just checked interactiveoptions website and the top bar on the screen now covers the date. i have been capturing screenshots all the way through this drama and it would always show the gmt time plus the date. but now the date is hidden. My account manager has not spoken with me in 5 days and is not on online on skype. We did agree on our last telephone conversation (unrecorded, except from their end) that he would only work with me for one more month 'i said fine by me'. It makes me wonder though that if they record the telephone conversations then nearly all of them have my credit card cvv code recorded too. He said it was illegal to retain cvv information. But obviously since i gave it to him on five occasions it is accessable to them. I have since cancelled the card as was insrtructed by my bank because of my disputed/chargeback amounts. I have the last skype conversation and would like your opinion on it but am not sure if i can post it here.

Hello Stormbruce

I posted a message on their facebook Timeline with a link back to this thread, maybe someone from the brokerage firm will read it and they (broker) will join this discussion in the hope of resolving your issues. ;)

Good luck
Liz

Attachments

• b023.gif
    b023.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 5
Back