Is this typical of FOREX trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

houks

Recruit
Hello All.

I am new to the forum and would like to relate to everyone an experience I just had with a managed FOREX account. I am wondering if this is a typical experience. I opened a managed account through FXHelpers.com in March 2013. It was a small retail account - $10,000 minimum investment. Unfortunately, the trader lost close to all of my money on one trade. There was no effort to take a profit when he could have, and there was no effort to stop a loss. The people at FXHelpers placed loans amounting to $13,000 in my account just to prevent a margin call. The loans were deposited without ever consulting me. With only $1,800 equity remaining in my account, I contacted FXHelpers to close the account and prevent a total loss. They replied that they had placed those loans to prevent me being margined out, and I would not be responsible for them. The broker on the account is SmarttradeFX, and they tell me that I cannot remove the remaining funds until the loans are repaid.

The entire experience is rather disappointing. How does a professional trader lose almost all his client's investment on one trade? I guess if this was Roulette or Craps, I could understand.

Is this typical?

Thank you.

Go ahead and open a thread in the Scam Alerts Folder.

It should be impossible for any 3rd to place money (loans or otherwise) into your forex trading account.

Hello All.

I am new to the forum and would like to relate to everyone an experience I just had with a managed FOREX account. I am wondering if this is a typical experience. I opened a managed account through FXHelpers.com in March 2013. It was a small retail account - $10,000 minimum investment. Unfortunately, the trader lost close to all of my money on one trade. There was no effort to take a profit when he could have, and there was no effort to stop a loss. The people at FXHelpers placed loans amounting to $13,000 in my account just to prevent a margin call. The loans were deposited without ever consulting me. With only $1,800 equity remaining in my account, I contacted FXHelpers to close the account and prevent a total loss. They replied that they had placed those loans to prevent me being margined out, and I would not be responsible for them. The broker on the account is SmarttradeFX, and they tell me that I cannot remove the remaining funds until the loans are repaid.

The entire experience is rather disappointing. How does a professional trader lose almost all his client's investment on one trade? I guess if this was Roulette or Craps, I could understand.

Is this typical?

Thank you.

oh man this is a serious issue. Take necessary steps before it's too late. Do what Pharaoh suggested here

How does a professional trader lose almost all his client's investment on one trade?

A professional trader does not. Sounds like you were scammed heavily and you should try to take any action possible and without sounding as the pessimist here I think you can kiss the rest of your money which you deposited good bye as well (I hope I am wrong).

That sounds like an awful experience and it seems unthinkable that an experienced money manager would lose 100% of an account on 1 trade and so I hope you manage to find out why this occurred.

Yeap, it is definitely not something, that happens every day! Make sure you let people know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back