Million Dollar Question

utopianhorizon

Recruit
I'm a newbie...

I have a question for those experienced traders on this forum...

Who out there has actually made (and kept) over a million dollars trading with an EA?

For those of you that have...please share with me how you did it so I can avoid all the mistakes. :D

EA is a programm developed by programmer and EA does only what the programmer programm. Human can think but programm can't. This is simple answer. Programm cannot think if some special unaccepted news released, programm cannot read the news in such way that to analyse it and take action in the direction of the markt (simple example). You can write a lot of programm but you cannot compare to the human thinking and analysis made by human. I am an experienced programmer and developed many applications, mostly I develope first in my mind and then I develope it on work. I thought many time to develop EA, but if I am fair to me or to others to use my EA I will not do it. You cannot cover the all corners. Just an example of our weather, we have a lot of modern systems weel developed instument to give the best forecast, but we can for the next day or may for two days, if we have a luck some for three days, but not for a week or for more then a week. For days two possible, is resemblance to signal which are mostly happened. So I am not using any EA and will not use in future and will not develop. Thanks

D-Trader

Thanks D,

So, by you replying, does that mean you've made and kept at least a million trading the Forex? The reason I ask so bluntly is that I don't want to listen to anyone that has not already been successful. Like the blind leading the blind.

I understand your opinion of EAs and appreciate the honesty. ;)

You are right. It would be nice to indicate every member's lifetime forex profit beside his name.

Anyway I made an EA which could earn me more than one million dollars in the past nine years. Unfortunately I started it in this year at a probably scam broker. So I guess I only have losses.

I personally guarantee that I can get your account balance to at least 1 million dollars in under a month using ANY commonly available EA on the market. Just give me your login info and place at least 2 million dollars in the account.
:p

As far as a commonly available commercial EA that made a million (assuming a much smaller starting balance), I'm willing to bet that this has happened many, many times. The only drawback is that the million was made by selling copies of the EA, not by the users.
:D

I think a well-written EA could be profitable, but would either need to be amazing self-optimizing or would need to be re-optimized every few weeks. It would need to be "smart" enough to change strategies as market conditions change or to detect market conditions and stay out when they aren't right for its trading style.

Back