• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Please help! Am I being Scammed? (gomltd.com)

I am having an issue with a company
I just wanted to post here, because something similar happened to me this week. I live in London, some girl connected with me through Coffee meets bagel (dating app). We started chatting and seem to hit it off, she sends me some screenshots of her doing stuff so it seems legit at first. I found out that she lives in Hong Kong and says she trades gold/forex whatever.

This is the point where I kind of already know it's a scam, however maybe because of the virus situation I'm thinking she temporarily went back home. There's not really talks about dates and meeting up because of the virus, so it's a perfect situation for these scammers.

One evening (for me) she sends me a screenshot of her profits. I don't think anything of it at first, but start to be very suspicious of where this leads up to. I happily play along and wait until she'll ask me to create an account.

Come today, the morning starts with her sending a picture of her at the office. However, I spot that this person on the photo is not the same picture of the person she has sent before. I'm thinking this was a mistake because I'm sure she's talking to many other guys. She starts leading me towards downloading this MetaTrader 5 app and how she will teach me how to trade.

I think she will come back to it tomorrow and send me the fake form. I have no intention of putting in any money, as I already know I'm being scammed. I wanted to try and research this scam a few days ago but didn't have the time, seems I have found the right thread.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can find out more?

Some details I've missed, Meta Trader 5 starts with a demo account you can trade with. I said this account was fine to be able to learn about trading, she says this demo account is not good enough. She was very adamant of asking her uncle to create a demo account for me that was "viable" for trade.

I've asked her who her uncle is in which she responded he's a member and insider of the trade association. Whatever that means, so it's the typical scam talk.

Sounds like the same old story.
Which "broker" is she suggesting?
Did you ask her for a video chat?

She hasn't come to that yet, she went to sleep. I will ask her for a video chat tomorrow, this girl seems to be scared of video chat/phone calls. I think it's because the person I'm chatting with is not the same person she's sending me photos of.

You are probably right.
I have seen pictures of a charming young woman with her daughter being used in many different profiles.
In two cases the scammers accepted a video chat after I indicated that I had some questions which I didn't want to type in but which would be crucial to proceed with the investment.
The girl on the video looked different from the pics.

Back