• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Please help! Am I being Scammed? (gomltd.com)

I am having an issue with a company
Of course you are beeing scammed. Their "Account Opening Application Form" looks very much like the ones from FxFway, Golden Day Profit, Golden Crown and gomltd (shown previously in this thread).
You might want to ask the lady whether the broker is regulated..
Would you mind sharing a picture of the scammer lady?

same situation here.
Girl i meet on a dating app, wants me to trade her broker called Fopu.
Said they are authorized and supervised by the FCA of England, ASIC of Australia and Canada found on the bottom of official website.

Hey there. I just registered to tell you I'm on the same situation here.

Using Tinder Passport (free for these days due to Coronavirus), I meet 3 girls from HK and Singapore. After some days of nice chat, they casually started to talk about their jobs (managers/owners of cloths shops, beauty products, vacation apartment owners) and their investment, specially gold. The amount of money they show me they earned makes me feel I'm almost a indigent LMAO. But my "something is wrong" alert warned me when they started to tell me that they can share their investment experience and teach me how to do it. Next is known: download the MT5 app and search the "Valley Tech Spec Limited" broker. So after googling and reading the responses by @Pharaoh in first page, I made my own research:

they claim they're since 2019. The website isn't even complete in english (I didn't check in chinese).

whois:
Creation Date: 2020-03-13T08:56:24Z

Incorporated on12 March 2020
82990 - Other business support service activities not elsewhere classified

Search return in nfa returns 0 errors.

Please fellas, don't get caught by these lovely asian girls!! If you're a worker like me, you know money is enough hard to earn!!

This is an elaborate scam. Someone in Hong Kong from Tinder talked to me for almost a month.

She started sending screen shots of bitcoin trading profits from the beginning. She told me her uncle was an analyst for palm.

And that she had all of these beauty salons and properties from bitcoin trading profits.

When I watched the price action of bitcoin on MT4 on their server, it did not match up with the live bitcoin prices.

They must be using a delayed feed.

There's also a gold trading scam.

Hello,
We are facing cruel criminals here, who use bold lies. In some cases victims get totally destroyed and become suicidal.
Therefore, I encourage everybody who has been approached by the scammers please report to police in Hong Kong (they have a convenient eReport centre) and in your home contry - independent of whether you lost money or not. Report how much you lost, which bank accounts have been used, provide the social media accounts and as much data as possible e.g.tel numbers, email contacts and screenshots of video chats with con artists.
More cases filed mean more evidence to authorities...

Let me think about this for a few minutes . . . . . . . . . . . I'll put myself in your shoes and ask you.

A girl on a dating site wants to show me profitable trades instead of arranging, let's be polite and say "stuff that happens on dates." ;)

She introduces me to her account manager. Demo trades are so amazingly successful that it's like a magical money producing machine.

I check the company's claimed NFA license. There is a registration, but it's for an exemption for certain types of trading advice, not a license for running a forex brokerage.

The website and NFA exemption are both under a year old. The UK company behind the NFA exemption is dormant and all stock is owned by someone who is only 22 years old. Other than the NFA number on the page, there's not even any proof that the NFA exemption or UK company have any real connection to the broker website.

So, do you advise that I should immediately call the NFA (and probably also Tinder) to inquire about possible fraud, or should I allow myself to be blinded by demo trades at a very new, unknown, and apparently unregulated forex broker, invest a ton of cash, and pray that an NFA exemption will somehow let me recover money I've wired overseas if this later turns out to be a giant scam?
Hi, my friend is onto something similar, but he trust that girl 100%...kind of a romance/trading get rich instantly kind of discussion. She made him download MT4 and her Brooker company is zhonghui rongtong hong kong (zhrt.hk) could you look into it too? Thanks a lot

Back