• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Possible scammer? Tinder and Forex

I am having an issue with a company

shawntsung

Recruit
Hi Guys,

I'm totally new to Forex. Recently I met this girl "Jenny" on tinder.

After a couple of chats via Whatsapp, she was telling me about how she made a lot of money from forex using a mobile app.

She asked to me use this link to download.... app.fxmt4.vip

When I google search this link, the result shows MetaTrader 4 app from google store.

But when I actually click on the link, it connects to another website where this MetaTrader 4 app can be downloaded but manually install in the phone.

After installing the app, she told me to search for her agent HKDAHUI.

This doesn't appear in the app that is downloaded from Google store but appears in the app downloaded from that site that she gave me.

Has anyone come across this?

Thank you.
Shawn

Hi Guys,

After a couple of chats via Whatsapp, she was telling me about how she made a lot of money from forex using a mobile app.

When I google search this link, the result shows MetaTrader 4 app from google store.

But when I actually click on the link, it connects to another website where this MetaTrader 4 app can be downloaded but manually install in the phone.

This doesn't appear in the app that is downloaded from Google store but appears in the app downloaded from that site that she gave me.

Thank you.
Shawn
Simple answer according to my experience, ignore :)

Hi Guys,

Thank you.
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

I have the same experience too recently. A girl approached me early this month and we chat through wechat, her wechat id is anran393. She told me that she was doing medical business in Beijing and earn good money. She then slowly introduced me about forex and asked me to join HKDAHUI. She asked me to open a demo account, and she fed me forex info and I able to make some good profits via demo account. Then, she asked me to open a live account and asked me to deposit USD10k. I google about this company and discovered this company alot problem, their website is dahuihk.com, and ADSS already posted a notice (adss.com/apac/legal/fraud-warning/) about this scam broker. I refused her many times and giving excuse that I have problem TT the money out from my country. At the end, she said want to borrow me money and only return back to her when profit generated. On the same day, she transferred USD10k direct from her trading account to my trading account. I traded 5 rounds with her info and gain about USD5K profit. After that, she said there will be no good market news after this month and ask keep asking me to deposit more in order to earn more. I refused to top up and told her that I want to stop trade and return her the money. Then I contacted customer service for withdrawal, customer service told me I'm a new member and can't do withdrawal unless with minimum 120lot size traded or bank in another USD10K into the account.
So I decided to trade myself for another 60lot size to fulfill the requirement as anran393 already reluctant to feed me any news. After 2 days, I fulfilled the minimum requirement and request for withdrawal again, no reply from customer service and I contacted anran393. We argued on this issue as I suspected she is one of the agent of HKDAHUI. At that time (23/08/2019 GMT+8 10.12pm), I was BUYING AUD/CHF and suddenly the price drop from 0.66460 to 064380 in about a second. All the profits lost in a second. Finally, I realized why all her news were so accurate earlier, all pricing are manually computerized.
I was lucky as I did not lost any money and it is really a good lesson to me.

Thank you.
Raymond

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 11.39.19 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 11.39.19 PM.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 66
  • WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 10.38.57 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-08-23 at 10.38.57 PM.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi Shawn,

I have the same experience too recently. A girl approached me early this month and we chat through wechat, her wechat id is anran393. She told me that she was doing medical business in Beijing and earn good money. She then slowly introduced me about forex and asked me to join HKDAHUI. She asked me to open a demo account, and she fed me forex info and I able to make some good profits via demo account. Then, she asked me to open a live account and asked me to deposit USD10k. I google about this company and discovered this company alot problem, their website is dahuihk.com, and ADSS already posted a notice (adss.com/apac/legal/fraud-warning/) about this scam broker. I refused her many times and giving excuse that I have problem TT the money out from my country. At the end, she said want to borrow me money and only return back to her when profit generated. On the same day, she transferred USD10k direct from her trading account to my trading account. I traded 5 rounds with her info and gain about USD5K profit. After that, she said there will be no good market news after this month and ask keep asking me to deposit more in order to earn more. I refused to top up and told her that I want to stop trade and return her the money. Then I contacted customer service for withdrawal, customer service told me I'm a new member and can't do withdrawal unless with minimum 120lot size traded or bank in another USD10K into the account.
So I decided to trade myself for another 60lot size to fulfill the requirement as anran393 already reluctant to feed me any news. After 2 days, I fulfilled the minimum requirement and request for withdrawal again, no reply from customer service and I contacted anran393. We argued on this issue as I suspected she is one of the agent of HKDAHUI. At that time (23/08/2019 GMT+8 10.12pm), I was BUYING AUD/CHF and suddenly the price drop from 0.66460 to 064380 in about a second. All the profits lost in a second. Finally, I realized why all her news were so accurate earlier, all pricing are manually computerized.
I was lucky as I did not lost any money and it is really a good lesson to me.

Thank you.
Raymond

Hkdahui already changed their website to trilasia.com. Please beware.

Same case, I met this girl via Tinder, same modus operandi, here some details:

Name: Li li qing
Tinder user: Liki
Phone: +8617126414726
City: Hong Kong

She pretends to have a business of coffee accessories export, but also do some investment.

Attachments

• IMG-20190925-WA0042.jpg
    IMG-20190925-WA0042.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG-20190923-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20190923-WA0025.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG-20190925-WA0043.jpg
    IMG-20190925-WA0043.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20190927-014609_Tinder.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927-014609_Tinder.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 79
I'm pretty sure I've encountered the exact same thing at least twice. The first time is questionable since the girl never actually tried to get me signed up on anything and she chatted with me for some time. This actually just made me less suspicious of the 2nd one. Fortunately I always had this little voice in the back of my mind so I didn't ever commit money to the scam or anything.

So I see this cute asian girl on Tinder with her profile saying she's currently visiting my city. I swipe right and think nothing more of it. Some days later (maybe even a week later.. not sure), I she matches me. By that time, she's 10k km from me so I figure she's back in Hong Kong. I'd like to travel there eventually so I don't mind getting to know a few girls from there anyway.

We chat a bit, I ask her to use whatsapp. We do. Within the first 10 minutes, she sends me screen shots of FOREX transactions she made. She claims to be making between 10k to 20k USD every day by trading currencies and gold.

I find it a bit weird but since the other hong kong girl I spoke with before was pretty forthcoming about her trading (and a chinese collegue of mine also told me that was kinda typical of HK girls, I just accept it and pick up the convo on that topic with her. I also trade a bit so I'm down to discuss this. Anyway it's not like I'm in a rush.

Quickly she starts suggesting that if I want,she could show me some of her tricks. She says "I can take you to trade with me, and then you buy me big dinner hee hee hee". Sure, why would I say no to this opportunity right? But I do keep in mind, "why in the hell would this girl do that for me huh?"

Eventually she tells me to get the MetaTrader 4x trading app.She sends me a link and tells me to use it to make an account. I register for the app. That's where I'm at now. Of course I would never giver her access to my money. But even then, before wasting more time I decide to go search for similar scam and here I am.

I just asked her for pictures of her when she was visiting my city. Somehow she always has pictures of her everywhere but her she claims she has none. Sure. Not only does she not have pictures, at first she doesn't even seem to remember when I ask about her recent trip to my city.

It's quite clear that this is a scam. So be careful. These are not your unicorn girls you'll have a great time with if you ever visit them. They're scam artists. Chat with them if you want to roll the dice, but be careful of not giving them personal informations, let alone money or access to an account you own.

Back