Quitting a job to trade forex full time

Is there anyone of you who has had a full time job that they have quit in order to trade full time? Luckily I have a job that lets me monitor my trading accounts while Im at work, but there have been many a time that i have either missed out on a great trade or royally screwed up because I got distracted at work. While Im doing "ok" trading the way I am now, Ive always felt that i could do much much better if I traded full time and could focus on the market with no distractions. Id be interested to hear who had quit a job to trade full time and is really doing well at it.
A bit like you I trade around work but would like one day to be full time and earning enough

Is there anyone of you who has had a full time job that they have quit in order to trade full time? Luckily I have a job that lets me monitor my trading accounts while Im at work, but there have been many a time that i have either missed out on a great trade or royally screwed up because I got distracted at work. While Im doing "ok" trading the way I am now, Ive always felt that i could do much much better if I traded full time and could focus on the market with no distractions. Id be interested to hear who had quit a job to trade full time and is really doing well at it.
If you have been able to manage your trades and job both till now, I would suggest you to continue it this way and not quit your job. because of the following reasons

1. You have a secure source of income from your job. Thus you can trade without any pressure. You are in a better position to digest losses and focus on your initial strategy.

2. You can always amend your trading style. Perform your analysis on larger time frames instead of continues monitoring of prices. You can go with Inter-day trades or weekly trades.

I advise you not to hurry to quit your job, even if you see that it interferes with trading. First, you need to be a great trader and feel confident in the market. Only when you realize that trading brings you the right amount of money can you give up real work. There have been cases when people thoughtlessly quit their primary job, and then, due to lack of experience, they just lost their investment and were lost. You need to understand that it will be difficult to work and learn to trade simultaneously, but if you put enough effort into it, you will succeed.

Back