Spread International (SICFX) in UAE, Owned by Prince of Saudi Arabia

Here is the answer from DFSA, Dubai Financial Services Authority, regarding my complaint:

Dear Mr.Cem,
RE: Complaint against SICfx Spread International
I refer to your complaintwith the DFSA on 15
th
January 2013.
The Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) is the independent regulator of
financial services for the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). The DIFC is a
110 acre free zone located within the City of Dubai. As such the DFSA only has
jurisdiction to deal with issues involving regulated firms.
The DFSA has assessed your complaint and following its assessment it has
determined to:
Take no further action.
A search of both the DIFC and DFSA public registers indicate that SICfx Spread
International is neither registered nor authorised by the DIFC or DFSA. For your
information the DFSA’s public register can be accessed at:
Public Register - Firm

So SICFX is not regulated by DFSA either.

I found out that Craig Karlis who runs SICFX with Ahmed Al Assad, was charged by SEC because of FRAUD. Here is the link:
SEC Charges Massachusetts-Based Forex Traders and Their Firm With Fraud; Release No. 2010-205; October 28, 2010

"The bait was the promise by Akyil and Karlis to limit investor risk, and the switch was the theft and unauthorized trading that cost investors 90 percent of the invested funds," said Robert Khuzami, Director of the SEC's Division of Enforcement. "If you don't deliver what you promise and violate the securities laws, we will hold you accountable."

I think I will apply Dubai Police about those scammers.

Yes i know SicFX very well and Ahmed.
On a different note one of my friends deposited 3K with them but never traded and when he went to withdraw his deposit they just took it. Its been over 5 months now and he still hasnt received his deposit back or even get a responce to his emails about this money..

Ahmed is a gambler and until recently you only traded against him..SicFX is a stay away broker..

Back