The Reason Why Traders Lose?

EuroTrader

Sergeant Major
Traders are more focused to make profits rather than finding ways on how to save them from loss. They do not work for strategy development and risk planning thinking of handling market situation without any skill and practice. After some time when they are failed and lose in forex business, realize the reality of the business and try to find out what they should actually do.

bigdolly

Sergeant Major
Traders are more focused to make profits rather than finding ways on how to save them from loss. They do not work for strategy development and risk planning thinking of handling market situation without any skill and practice. After some time when they are failed and lose in forex business, realize the reality of the business and try to find out what they should actually do.
I also noticed that sometimes I care more about profits rather than losses. That's why I use advanced techniques for risk management with Hotforex including trailing stops and tracking Sharpe ratio of trading.

JamesForexSlayer

Sergeant
I think people believe it will be easier than it is(maybe down to marketers making them believe this). They then don't put the hours of study in that is required to win long term.

Notati

Recruit
I also think that one of the main issues might be too much focus on profit which can lead to actual loss quite easily, exactly as Bigdolly explained. I would just add that major focus of all new traders should be learning and making solid grounds for future trading and profitability