Trading bot

JayJones

Recruit
EAs have both pros and cons. When you do manual trading, you are flexible to trade and see the daily market movements. EA will execute the order when entered into a criteria. EAs are good for those who don’t have much time to do manual trading.
EAs not to be trusted??

John perry

Corporal
i have never seen an Ea which did not need some form of manuel intervention, they will never be 100% safe by them self's but if you have trading knowledge to use alongside could be ok

Farm_Yard_Forex

Corporal
EAs can be good but I don't think you can leave them totally unattended. Too many market variables that require quick reactions that a bot can't always account for in its algorithm

Balladotus

Private, 1st Class
I don't trust the trading bot. It seems to me that only a lazy trader will fully trust the whole trade to a bot, which trades worse than a living person. In practice, bots do not bring profit in the long term and often make critical mistakes that lead to losses.

bigdolly

2nd Lieutenant
All bots lose eventually, that's been my experience
They start to lose because they lose trading edge, you have to be on alert and respond appropriately when it happens, investigate the reason and fix the issue. I run swap arbitrage bot with Hotforex and, for example, if I didn't follow interest rates, swap changes on broker website and change of volatility regimes in exotic currencies it is unlikely my bot would be profitable.

Purecaster

Private
I do not recommend trading with trading bots, especially if you are new to trading. Practice shows that bots are not very effective, especially in the long run. First, learn to trade yourself, without bots or other methods of help. Gain experience, and I am sure that you will understand why trading bots are less effective than an experienced trader.

bigdolly

2nd Lieutenant
I use trading bot with Hotforex, the algorithm is simple (rules based on momentum indicator) the only problem is to find historical data on different instruments and conduct proper backtesting.

jim67

Private, 1st Class
I use trading bot with Hotforex, the algorithm is simple (rules based on momentum indicator) the only problem is to find historical data on different instruments and conduct proper backtesting.
how long have you been running it? historical data is not worth it. you need live testing data your self to manage different sanirios. i seen a bot that out proformed the corona outbreak but at other times has struggled