xm harassing new customer

thomas_wolf

Private
Hello,

i signed up with xm few weeks ago, deposited 100e and 10 days ago started placing one or two trades (each sized 1 microlot at 1:888 leverage) a day . ever since my first trade they've been calling me almost daily but i never had the time nor mood to answer. today i finally picked up and got harassed by some eastern european xm employee speaking broken german. she expressed her discontent with my minimal trading activity/exposure and literally demanded i join whatever promo of theirs which is basically about trading with virtual money (like a demo account ) so that i learn to trade more frequently and to risk more.

she didnt allow me to say anything and used phrases like "what i demand from you is ... " etc. when i said im not interested in their promo she wouldnt accept it and kept on speaking all dictatorial/stalinistic. then i switched to english because her german was bad and after i made myself clear her tone suddenly changed and she started displaying some basic level of politeness . the last time someone spoke to me like she initially did was back in the communist east germany of the 1980s.

so after i hung up i pretty much knew that i had lost any trust in them and decided to withdraw 70% of the 100e i still had in my balance (my balance was 130e at that point but the 30e welcome bonus is not withdrawable) . right after that my welcome bonus of 30e got erased completely even tho i only withdrew 70% of my initial deposit and kept the other 30% in my xm account

all in all i find their behaviour very fishy and i'll certainly take my business elsewhere

Send an email to every address you have for them and invite someone from XM to comment in this thread.

there are a lot of aggressive callers from some brokers, I think you are still lucky to have been able to withdraw your 70%, but yeah, its a sign when traders get calls and demand them to add more funds aggressively, honestly even if the caller was nice i'd still day its a bad move to ask their own traders to add funds. it would be nice to have a rep from xm come here to justify their actions :) and there has been quiet a number of threads against them here :)

Hello,

i signed up with xm few weeks ago, deposited 100e and 10 days ago started placing one or two trades (each sized 1 microlot at 1:888 leverage) a day . ever since my first trade they've been calling me almost daily but i never had the time nor mood to answer. today i finally picked up and got harassed by some eastern european xm employee speaking broken german. she expressed her discontent with my minimal trading activity/exposure and literally demanded i join whatever promo of theirs which is basically about trading with virtual money (like a demo account ) so that i learn to trade more frequently and to risk more.

she didnt allow me to say anything and used phrases like "what i demand from you is ... " etc. when i said im not interested in their promo she wouldnt accept it and kept on speaking all dictatorial/stalinistic. then i switched to english because her german was bad and after i made myself clear her tone suddenly changed and she started displaying some basic level of politeness . the last time someone spoke to me like she initially did was back in the communist east germany of the 1980s.

so after i hung up i pretty much knew that i had lost any trust in them and decided to withdraw 70% of the 100e i still had in my balance (my balance was 130e at that point but the 30e welcome bonus is not withdrawable) . right after that my welcome bonus of 30e got erased completely even tho i only withdrew 70% of my initial deposit and kept the other 30% in my xm account

all in all i find their behaviour very fishy and i'll certainly take my business elsewhere

Did you sent them invitation regarding this thread ?

i just sent them the following invitation

Hello,
last week i sent a complaint to support@xm.com to which i haven't since received an answer from your support team.

i've described the event that triggered my complaint on the fpa forum in the following thread. https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/scam-alerts-folder/32061-xm-harassing-new-customer.html . you're invited to join the discussion and clear up any confusion regarding your staffs behaviour mentioned in my post.

i've noticed that for a couple of weeks your brokerage hasn't been responding on the fpa forum and would like to ask you if possible why that has been the case.

regards

Dear thomas_wolf,

I apologize on behalf of the company if you felt offended by the language used by our account manager.

As you probably know, your account manager is not a native German speaker and it is possible that some of the words might not have been suitable for a conversation with a client. However, I would like to assure you that it was not her intent to trouble you or use language that may discourage a client.

Kind regards,
Andrey

sheesh, time to upgrade your training program, the majority of customers will be losing money to their broker, spend some of it on a professional look and feel...

Hello,

What are you after exactly?
To withdraw the bonus as well or the bonus to be reinstated.

i started this thread because the phone call pretty much ticked me off. the bonus wasn't that relevant to me as it can't be paid out anyway. but admittedly it's removal ticked me off even more.
however xm have emailed me in the meantime, displaying some intent to resolve situation. they said it could have been a training issue with that particular staff and the bonus is likely to be reinstated. so i may give them the benefit of the doubt because it wouldn't make sense for a brokerage to annoy its clients to such extreme extent on purpose.

i started this thread because the phone call pretty much ticked me off. the bonus wasn't that relevant to me as it can't be paid out anyway. but admittedly it's removal ticked me off even more.
however xm have emailed me in the meantime, displaying some intent to resolve situation. they said it could have been a training issue with that particular staff and the bonus is likely to be reinstated. so i may give them the benefit of the doubt because it wouldn't make sense for a brokerage to annoy its clients to such extreme extent on purpose.

and it hurt you that much?
we are traders man come on.We are made of steel.

Back