Advice on meeting other traders

Larzand

Recruit
Hi,

What's the best way to meet other traders?

I have been trading on and off for about a year and would like to meet other traders to share experiences and hopefully learn from them. This may be pretty old school, but I would prefer to meet face-to-face. Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Lars.

Hi,

I have been trading on and off for about a year and would like to meet other traders to share experiences and hopefully learn from them. This may be pretty old school, but I would prefer to meet face-to-face. Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Lars.

I don't think that this is an ideal option because most of the members here with the nick names and not real names.

So I don't think that you can find a good number of traders.

Finding others online is easy. Finding a trading group in your own town could be more of a challenge. It may be worth spending some time googling to see if you can find forex groups in your city.

Finding others online is easy. Finding a trading group in your own town could be more of a challenge. It may be worth spending some time googling to see if you can find forex groups in your city.

I agree with what you said, but with the internet why confine yourself to your city? Technology makes it rather simple to be part of a group regardless of location.

Some people like face to face meetings. Personally, I'm happy just hanging out here in the forums.

Hi,

Thanks,
Lars.

If a good trader is around your vicinity and he agrees to meet with you, then you should get some free time from him to meet you. A meeting with an experienced trader will teach you a lot in less time.

I prefer interacting online with other traders rather than at the pit. I work at a hedge fund and traders aren't the best people to be around...especially when loosing

Either online or face to face you do need to build some kind of relationship with the group in order to be able to trust them and build a solid give and take partnership. If you hang out at the right place in time it will feel like a face to face interaction every time you login.

Finding a job as a trader? Otherwise I don't think traders would like to meet or talk about trading after being on a "roller coaster" all day long.

Back