• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Apiary Investment Fund - Too good to be true??

I am having an issue with a company
Hi there, I am in the middle of watching a recorded webinar- it all sounds too good to be true, but they sound professional and seem to know what they are talking about . . .

Hello Gaffa,
Apiary sets a high bar standard for you to exceed in order to qualify to trade "their funds".
That performance standard is not easy for any money manager to achieve, never mind a newbie trader.
If you happen to beat the odds and somehow exceed it, they will then take a hefty% of you earnings on their fund after that.
If as a student trader you become capable of meeting that bar, you will then be in a position to keep 100% of your own earnings, not just keep 40%, 60%, or whatever they offer you for trading "their funds".
"Their Funds" are really composed of the forfieted tuitions of all their failed wannabie trainees; one of which will more than likely be YOU.
I know you earnestly want to learn and succeed; but, there is nothing they can teach you that you can't learn entirely on your own, with the aide of a few good books.
Invest $100 in your own education, or $XXXX with them; the choice is yours.
Some people want the feeling of control and personal accomplishment, which will require a long and arduous path of learning, trial, failure, stress, and error.
If that path is not for you, try to find a trusted manager to help you achieve your financial goals.
Do not confuse your desire for a particular financial goal, with a desire for self-accomplishment.
Risk can be assumed and financial goals attempted with only an arms-length monthly review of your chosen managers' results.
Self-accomplishment however, requires much time, commitment, study, energy, passion, effort, action, pain, and suffering.
If you want a reading list, just ask.
If you want a method for finding respectable managers; similarly, just ask.
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA
NFA ID#: 0278164

Of course, they may never actually anyone to trade "their funds". So far, I haven't seen any evidence of any of these "pay us to train you and we'll let you trade our funds" places providing money, other than one report of the newly hired trader being required to post a security bond that was the equivalent of the amount he was allowed access to.

Go out and learn to trade for yourself. Start with FREE materials like Forex Military School and similar things on other sites. After you complete those, you'll be in a better position to judge what sort of commercially available forex products and training you need, if any.

Or, just send your money to anyone who sounds convincing and can gain your confidence. The choice is yours.

Hi Anthony,

I just read your comment to Gaffa, and was wondering if you would post your suggested reading list.

I just finished watching the Apiary Fund video, and will admit, it is done in a very slick style, but it ends leaving you that too good to be true feeling.

I would prefer to invest in myself and go through the trial and error to learn.

Thanks
Robert Spezzano

Hi Anthony,

I just read your comment to Gaffa, and was wondering if you would post your suggested reading list.
I just finished watching the Apiary Fund video, and will admit, it is done in a very slick style, but it ends leaving you that too good to be true feeling.
I would prefer to invest in myself and go through the trial and error to learn.

Hello Robert,
Congratulations on a making a wise choice. Here is the required reading list that will give you a 99:1 success ratio over your competition:
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator (Wiley Investment Classics): Edwin Lefèvre,Roger Lowenstein: 9780471770886: Amazon.com: Books
Trade Like an O'Neil Disciple: How We Made 18,000% in the Stock Market (Wiley Trading): Gil Morales,Chris Kacher: 9780470616536: Amazon.com: Books
Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence,Discipline and a Winning Attitude: Mark Douglas: 9780735201446: Amazon.com: Books
http://www.amazon.com/The-Little-Bo...ie=UTF8&qid=1351226787&sr=8-16&keywords=forex
Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom: Van Tharp: 9780071478717: Amazon.com: Books
Market Mind Games: A Radical Psychology of Investing,Trading and Risk: Denise Shull: 9780071756228: Amazon.com: Books
The Zeitgeist Investor: Unlocking The Mind of the Market: Tim Richards: Amazon.com: Kindle Store
Read any 6 of these 7 books, internalize them, and you will have an MBA in trading, and a trader's edge.
AI

Last edited:
More information Please.

I am sorry that i am seeing this message right now. I wish i had ended up here earlier and let you know that:

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY! Its a BIG BIG SCAM! There are a lot of other good and cheaper forex training options out there or some even free. They basically take your money, and don't do anything that they say they will do to help you. Once they get your money, they have no interest in helping you.

I hope my experience can help someone else save their hard-earned money and not just throw it in the garbage with these guys. Anyone who needs to contact me to get more details or anything about my experience, i would be more than happy to help you stay away from this BIG Fraud of a company.

Thank you for the offer of more information. I would really appreciate hearing from you as I am currently in the process of possibly becoming involved with Apiary. More detailed infromation of your experience would be appreciated. Again, Thank You.

I signed up with Apiary a few months back. They have been completely honest with me. It's been said here that one should simply invest $100 in their own learning and put their own $1000 or so in an account, trade it, and keep 100% of the profits, vs. the 60% to 85% that the Apairy fund shares with you. Of course that is an option. I'm sure there are plenty of successful traders out there who have done so. I would also venture that there are 10 times more who have gone this route and lost their shirts. Successful Apiary traders can have access to up to $500,000 with a good track record. How long would it take to get to $500,000 with a $1,000 account?

Have any traders reached that level? I don't know. I haven't asked really. Maybe some, maybe none. What I do know is I worked at developing my abilities as a trader and the education the Apiary fund has provided has been helpful.

I successfully traded a demo account for them, they funded a small account for me. They told me that if I remained profitable, they would add funds. I did, and they did.

Trading is not easy. Whether you pay for your books and study on your own, or whether you get that educational guidance from someone else, it all comes down to whether or not you can trade profitably. If you can't, if you don't have the stomach for it, if you don't have the right emotions for it, you'll never make it, regardless of where your education came from.

If you paid anyone to train you and you still can't make it, maybe forex trading just isn't for you. If you paid no one and taught yourself with books and such, and aren't making it, maybe trading isn't for you.

As I said before, trading isn't easy and anyone telling you otherwise is probably selling something.

Hello dadof5,
How about registering with mt4i and publishing your forward performance for us all to monitor your results with Apiary?
We would all like to see a new trader become increasingly successful over time as a result of your chosen path.
If you are unfamiliar with this technique, I would be glad to assist.
http://www.mt4i.com/MTILive.aspx
Anthony Ingrassia, CTA

How many of these successful Apiary traders have you met?

How much have you paid for your Apiary training so far?

Did you have to put up any of your own money to "insure" that live account they provided for you?

How much money did they deposit into that live account?

As I said before, trading isn't easy and anyone telling you otherwise is probably selling something.

And many of the people telling you that trading isn't easy are also probably selling something.

Please follow BigT1's advice and show your successful stats.

Also, please start a thread in the Personal Trade Journals so we may follow your remarkable journey.

Back