Atom8 Fraud/Scam, retrospectively changing T&C's to deleted profits.

Hi,

I'm D. Nisbet and I'm the one who wrote the glowing review of Atom8 several months ago in the brokers section of the Forexpeacearmy website.

I'd first like to say to Philip Mathews that I am sorry for what you're going through and wish you luck in getting your profits. I don't know the ins and outs of your situation, but I can confirm there was an amendment to the terms and conditions a couple of months back. I received the same email with the updated PDF. This leads me on to my main reason for writing: to prove that I am a genuine Atom8 client and not a 'shill', as the amateur detective known as collin1 would have people believe. Don't give up the day job plunging those toilets, collin1, because MI5 material you most certainly ain't!

Erroneous claim no.1:
it is obviously fake and a shill from the broker has written it.
- Oh really? Care to back up this bold assertion with anything other than hot air? Sorry Sherlock, as stated earlier, I'm a real client. If you don't believe me then by all means get in touch with me privately through Forexpeacearmy and I'll talk to you on Skype. I'll give you a link to my LinkedIn page, send you a copy of my completed Atom8 application form and everything. While you'll understand that I don't wish to just paste this material out in the open on a public website, I have absolutely nothing to hide. Have you?

Erroneous claim no.2:
I mean if the broker had any intelligence at least make the review look a little more authentic.
- The irony of this statement is hilarious. For you see Monsieur Poirot, if YOU had any intelligence then you'd see that I opened up my review by name dropping the founder of the Forexpeacearmy website, Dmitri Chavkerov. He and I were both students of Tom Yeomans (the guy who currently plugs AccuStrength) and were in the same small trading group together. This was before the two of them teamed up for their short lived business and when this site that we're posting on was as itty bitty as that thing between your legs.... ears.... that thing between your ears, sorry. Insults to your microscopic organs aside, the point is that 'fake' reviewers wouldn't be privy to such information, nor would they go to the bother of writing anything which wasn't pertinent to the review of their company. Again I state (because comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit) that I am NOT in any way affiliated with Atom8 other than as a client.

Erroneous claim no.3:
the review makes it look like he found the biggest treasure in his life called atom 8
- I know you're more Clouseau than Columbo, so it may be hard for you to understand the complexity of what I'm about to say next. With that in mind I'll try my best to keep the word syllable count to a minimum. Ok, here goes: I did.

Get it yet? Wait, I almost forgot who I was writing to - of course you don't!

Erroneous claim no.4:
(just a white label of dukascopy)
- Actually, their liquidity providers are many and varied. Dukascopy are on the other end of their Jforex platform, but they also deal with Sucden through the Integral platform, as well as some other LP on their MT4 offering. The name escapes me for the moment.

Alright, I'm done with the dumb folk and going to sign off. I'll just repeat in closing that if Philip's claims hold water then I hope Atom8 honour his payments. It's none of my business, but I must admit that it is alien to my personal experiences dealing with this company. All the guys there have never done anything to make me in the least bit suspicious of foul play. Any time I've put in for a withdrawal it's been sent to my bank very quickly and without trouble.

Happy New Year to all (yep, even you collin1! Lol)

hi there mr nisbet

i cannot confirm or deny if you are a schill. just working with the odds it was quite apparent that you are. no one writes such glowing reports about a company as if you found your lifes saviour. have a look at genuine reviews and you will notice the obvious difference between yours and theirs.
secondly there have already been reviews marked as coming from the same ip
thirdly the fact that you have gone to great lengths to write the above just confirms it further. an honest person who is not affiliated with the company would not need to go through such measures. if you want to show who you are then just post your linked in online here.
thirdly how does an lp escape your mind when you are officially trading with atom8. thats daft to trade and forget your lp. its like having a bank account and forgetting the name of your bank!
lets see if you can try and proove yourself and recall the other lp
all the best.

This is why the FPA needs to buy a steel cage. :D

I only see one review with special markings about the IP. It's not the one from D. Nisbet. AsstModerator and his review mods are very good at spotting these things and Atom8 paid the price with their fake review being set to zero stars.

Any chance this thread can return to the OP's complaint. I'm still waiting to see if Atom8's TOS ban complaining at the FPA or letting Dukascopy know a client has a problem.

Pharaoh,

You're right. I'm sorry for steering the course of the conversation away from the original topic (even though I'm going to do so again! Lol) It's just human nature to defend oneself against unwarranted attacks and when I saw my name and review being treated with contempt, I had no choice but to put the record straight and respond in a similarly scathing manner. In my defence, I purposely made sure to begin and end my previous post on point by sympathising with Philip.

collin1,

I'm going to apologise to you as well... a little. I reread my response to you and I crossed the line with the amount of insults I lobbed in your direction. Please don't misconstrue my meaning here. You were still wrong in your claims about me and regardless of what Philip is going through, my experience with Atom8 has been nothing short of outstanding. As you still haven't admitted that you were mistaken in your assessment about the authenticity of my position and review, let's take your new comments one at a time. I promise to be (a tad) nicer this time... even though you haven't afforded me the same courtesy. ;)

i cannot confirm or deny if you are a schill. just working with the odds it was quite apparent that you are.
- Can you tell me how you derive those odds, because they're more than a little faulty? Also, please refrain from saying things like 'apparent' (and later, 'genuine' and 'obvious') as doing so implies that you're the one who's unquestionably right. You're not.

no one writes such glowing reports about a company as if you found your lifes saviour.
- It's funny you should use the word 'saviour', because your comment exhibits the characteristics of some omniscient
deity with the insider's scoop on the workings of everyone else in the world's minds! Just because YOU don't write the way I do and because most other reviewers out there aren't as verbose and hyperbolic in their language doesn't mean that what I said wasn't true. It was and IS true... for me at least. I've been to loads of market makers and ECNs over the years and know the ropes. Atom8 is the first company to deliver on all aspects that I require from a broker. I may have apologised to you for all my nasty attacks, but I will not apologise for my review. I meant every word I said and tough luck if you don't like it.

have a look at genuine reviews and you will notice the obvious difference between yours and theirs.
- I've already scolded you for using such terms as 'genuine', but I'll do so again. Stop it! Implicit in this statement is that my review was fake and others (by some criteria that you and your godlike powers are privy to) are real. Mine was real too. Hell, I offered to show you my account application, for crying out loud! I did this because:

1. I like the Atom8 guys and don't like you casting aspersions without knowing a damn thing about the company. Philip can do that as he has a genuine grievance, but you can't.
2. At the end of the day comments are meaningless. Providing EMPIRICAL PROOF on the other hand is a whole different ball game. Funny how you've failed to mention the offer I made to you... or my offer to speak to you personally on Skype. Yep, just ignore all the points which would categorically show I've got no business affiliation with the company whatsoever. I mean, why on earth would you bother yourself with actual EVIDENCE when you can wallow in the following conspiratorial nonsense which would make Fox Mulder blush:

secondly there have already been reviews marked as coming from the same ip
- Pharaoh already pointed out that this snide accusation doesn't apply, but nice of you to show everyone you'll try anything to
get one over on me. Not content with saying it once, you positively basked in this fabrication of your own making, but let's not get ahead of ourselves...

thirdly the fact that you have gone to great lengths to write the above just confirms it further.
- Ha ha! So by your logic, because I took the time to defend myself against your lies, I am somehow confirming your lies aren't lies? That's not the way reality works, my friend.

an honest person who is not affiliated with the company would not need to go through such measures.
- Here we go again with your 'speaking on behalf of all humanity' nonsense. It really is an annoying habit you have there. I'm as honest as you are dumb. Wait, I said I'd be nicer, so scratch out 'dumb' in that last sentence and replace it with 'simple'. The point is, dishonest people don't go out of their way to PROVE to you their honesty. The fact that you ignored the main part of my initial rebuttal shows you who the honest one is here. I shudder to think if you happened to be a judge in a court of law. "No, no, counsel for the defence, I have no need to see the DNA evidence which you claim exonerates your client. It is obvious he is guilty because... well, just look at him." o_O

if you want to show who you are then just post your linked in online here.
- No. I clearly stated that I wouldn't do such a thing on an open forum and for someone who likes to use the word 'obvious' so much,
you should know why. Don't even try to squirm your way out of your corner with this disgustingly underhanded tactic. I am more than happy to provide it privately or I can send the info to Pharaoh to confirm it (unless you believe he works for Atom8 as well), but I have no desire to show the entire world all my personal information; would you?

thirdly how does an lp escape your mind when you are officially trading with atom8. thats daft to trade and forget your lp. its like having a bank account and forgetting the name of your bank! lets see if you can try and proove yourself and recall the other lp all the best.
- Glossing over his inability to count (i.e. by his wacky numbering system, this should have been 'fourthly') and inability to use the English language, I think anyone reading this exchange between us will now realise how pointless it is trying to get through to someone like collin1. I use logic and reason (as well as a healthy dose of sarcasm), which he dodges completely and fires back with gibberish and accusations that Pharaoh has shown to be baseless.

I won't reply again to this thread again after submitting this post. I realise that collin1 is the type of person who will just keep getting up no matter how many times he's knocked down. I've got better things to do with my time and I also need to emphasise again that it wasn't my intention to hijack this thread. While I do not like my name or that of a broker I like being dragged through the mud, the important thing here are Philip's posts, not mine.

Adios!

Before this fully returns to being on-topic, I'd like to point out that if the two of you had different opinions of the service provided by a mobile phone carrier, you could chalk it up to many other reasons and would have little reason to doubt that the other person's experiences were different.

A broker of any size that's not a total scam will likely have some happy clients and some unhappy clients. The policy change reported in the original post wouldn't affect all clients. For those who manually trade long term, it wouldn't even be noticed.

i have pm'd mr nisbet a few days ago but have yet to recieve a reply

Two steps that you must follow

1st - Invite them to join this thread via email (Send email to every possible address).

2nd - Go to their website and invite them to here via Live Chat.

Hi Guys,

I've just replied privately to Collin1 a few moments ago. Sorry for the delay. Have not been online for a few days. Nothing nefarious I assure you. :)

Kind regards to all.

hi everybody. i have recieved a reply from mr d.nisbet. and yes he is an honest person and not a schill. i see why he left such a glowing report as he explained to me that due to his very personel trading style and needs atom 8 has saved him, as trading his method with another broker would have cost him a large up front sum. I am not sure if he allows me greater detail but take an example say a broker allowed you access to a bloomberg terminal, well that would save you over 22k a year.

hi everybody. i have recieved a reply from mr d.nisbet. and yes he is an honest person and not a schill. i see why he left such a glowing report as he explained to me that due to his very personel trading style and needs atom 8 has saved him, as trading his method with another broker would have cost him a large up front sum. I am not sure if he allows me greater detail but take an example say a broker allowed you access to a bloomberg terminal, well that would save you over 22k a year.

You got anything back?

Back