Best currency pairs to trade in Forex

I have to disagree with many by saying that crosses and minors are much easier to predict, but it has been my case.

I'd suggest to test your strategy on all possible pairs and if strategy is good it will work on anything, on some better (for me crosses) on some worse.

Or maybe exotic pairs that will use for trading instruments? , its up to trader who want to choose , but its will be better chose one or some pairs no matter major , crosses or even exotic pairs then focus to train in many time with trade more and more times , its very useful for having familiarize with the habits of the pairs that used

Predicting or trading is the same on almost all pairs, its just that majors have more volatility and move smoothly, while exotic have wild movements. Also the spread on exotic is huge.

I think there is no best currency pair for trading because every pair has its own good and bad point to trade. Usually, major pairs are better than another pairs in trading so traders can start to trade with major pairs. I suggested to trade with EUR/USD, GBP/USD or EUR/JPY for starting point to trade as currency pair for trading. The reason are : low spreads in those pairs, many strategies which are using those indicators, and those pairs have good volatility in movement so it will be higher chance to gain profit with those pairs.

I think there is no best currency pair for trading because every pair has its own good and bad point to trade. Usually, major pairs are better than another pairs in trading so traders can start to trade with major pairs. I suggested to trade with EUR/USD, GBP/USD or EUR/JPY for starting point to trade as currency pair for trading. The reason are : low spreads in those pairs, many strategies which are using those indicators, and those pairs have good volatility in movement so it will be higher chance to gain profit with those pairs.

It is good to start with major pairs as you know the spread on these pairs is less and if you are a scalper then difference of even 1 pip can make huge difference.

Well, according to my trading experience, I think every trading currency is profitable if we can open our trade according to the market trend. But, I feel comfort on major currency pair because of low trading spread. On the other hand, I like to use Gold metal though the trading spread of gold is much higher from others major currency.

Well, according to my trading experience, I think every trading currency is profitable if we can open our trade according to the market trend. But, I feel comfort on major currency pair because of low trading spread. On the other hand, I like to use Gold metal though the trading spread of gold is much higher from others major currency.

It is true that you can trade on any pair using a good strategy, money management and following trend, but still there are several things that count while trading a major pair as compared to a non-famous pair.

Choosing a proper currency pair depends on the trading style you want to have. If you want to be a day trader, then you have no option but choosing one single currency pair to stick to.

As a day trader, you will have to focus on the shorter time frames, and so the positions you take will not last more than a few to few hours. Therefore, you will not be able to catch the big movements, and so you have to trade a currency pair that has a low spread and proper liquidity. EUR/USD has the lowest spread among all the currency pairs. It is the most favourite currency pair for day traders. However, you can also trade GBP/USD or USD/JPY too.

All the currencies listed above are good for trading for the beginners. I really like to trade in GBP/USD, GBP/JPY for the fact that one can make the better analysis of the market movement and try to capture their position at the best level for profiting.

For me the best currency pairs are only the majors. Besides them I trade some jpy crosses.

It is good to start with major pairs as you know the spread on these pairs is less and if you are a scalper then difference of even 1 pip can make huge difference.

Yes, it will matter if you are scalpers but spread is not the only one consideration to choose pair for trading. You should consider its movement too because it will be hard to gain profit if the strategy doesn't suitable with pairs which you're using for trading especially if the pair has low spreads but it is slow in movement too. It is good choice to start with major pairs (like I said before too) because it has low spreads and good movement so it's possible to gain good amount of profits with it if you had good trading plan to follow.

Back