• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Can't get a refund £20,000 from Smartcharts, Learn to Trade, Greg Secker

I am having an issue with a company
Hi I am writing about my recent experience (not even 1 week old ) with Smartcharts, Learn to Trade, Greg Secker.

I am a total beginner in Forex trading and bought a 3-day (£3,069) course from Learn to Trade/Smartcharts/Greg Secker people.

At the end of this course, instead of getting 3 mentorship sessions as promised in the programme, I got one session for 1.5hours where the so-called mentor was pitching a 12-month programme.

I kept on saying that I am a beginner and don’t have extra funds, but he was presenting the programme to me as a joint venture where if I invest £20K, it will be a joint account with the Company, where they will invest £30K and along with detailed 12-month educational content I will get 1-2-1 mentorship where the mentor will be guiding me in the trading process. The rational being that the Company and myself will be making profit together along the way at the ration of 80% to me and 20% to Greg Secker.

This made sense to me, since as a beginner I did not have much confidence in being able to make a profit when trading on my own and the 80% of course looked very appealing.

After purchasing the programme for 20K on Monday evening, Tuesday at 6am I received an e-mail with a link to a 30min Breakfast Club happening live that morning, no login details needed. I watched that live club, which made no sense to me as a beginner, and I kept thinking why did the mentor send me this link, since this was totally inappropriate to me as a beginner as I could not understand anything. As it turned out later, this link was a perfect trap for unsuspecting customer. Read on.

When I accessed my trading account later that morning, I realised there were no 30K funds in my trading account and neither my 20K was featuring anywhere! It transpired that in the end this money I paid does not allow me to trade, and that this £20,000 I have just paid was additional money to access only further educational content for 12 months.

It turned out that in order to get to the level of the joint account with the Company, which was pitched to me as STEP1 of the programme, I would have to invest further funds, show consistent 3% profit results for 3 months consecutively, plus satisfy a number of other conditions and only then they would consider and maybe accept me to trade in this joint Company’s account. This was total news to me as this was completely omitted by the so-called mentor from his sales pitch.

Immediately that morning (less than 24hours since purchasing) I decided to cancel this programme and get a refund because I realised the conditions were much too stringent and I also do not have further funds to invest, which I clearly said during the purchasing process a number of times.

NOW THE CATCH.
When I asked for my money back, 2 days later they came back to say that I am not entitled to any refund at all, because I accessed that 30-min breakfast club. Apparently, according to their T&Cs, if one accesses ANY part of the 12-month programme, one immediately forfeits the right to 14-day cancellation period and refund. So it turns out that the 30-min live Breakfast Club, with no login needed, where some guy is sitting and trading and a beginner cannot understand anything, costs £20,000.

The mentor’s e-mail with the link to the Breakfast club, received just before 6am is a perfect trap to satisfy their T&C clause which prevents a customer from cancelling the contract and getting their money back.

This is not even 1 week old experience, I am still trying to get my money back. Any advice?
Hello Irarra,

I had similar issue dealing with Smartcharts. I canceled my Unlimited Wealth membership within 4 days of signing up in December 2023. My request for refund of £16,500 has not been acknowledged over emails or phone. Smartcharts are ignoring me. They in fact debited my account for £1500 . There is no reply when I raised with them.

I would like to know if you got any help to get your refund?

Thanks,
Kapil

Hello Irarra,

I had similar issue dealing with Smartcharts. I canceled my Unlimited Wealth membership within 4 days of signing up in December 2023. My request for refund of £16,500 has not been acknowledged over emails or phone. Smartcharts are ignoring me. They in fact debited my account for £1500 . There is no reply when I raised with them.

Thanks,
Kapil
Hi @kapil2023,
If you are having a severe problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Financial Company Comparisons and Discussions
and give details (make sure to choose "prefix" as a problem).

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, it will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes getting advice specific to resolving your issue easier.

Hello Irarra,

Thanks,
Kapil
Hi Kapil
1st thing you need to do is ask your bank for a “chargeback claim” for a full amount for fraudulent transaction/Consumer Right for refund within 14 days then your bank will contact Smartcharts to which they have to respond and the process will start.
I hope that helps!
Regards

I was told on livestream via Facebook that myself along with 10 others had won a 10k trading account. We have all been waiting. Attended this so called trading training! LTT charged about 100 people £90 to watch a promo that went on from 10am-3pm ! They were charging £9995 for the Smart Charts A.I software at the end of the session. Not one of us has an account from the company that we were told on live that we had won.
Surely this is false advertising?
I have also recently attended a course for the half day workshop for £87. I have had an email thanking me for attending the training and that it would take 5 business days not including holidays or weekends to set up my 10K account. Did you get any further with yours? (I'm still waiting)

Hello Irarra,

Thanks,
Kapil
Hi

I had the same issue

Recently I paid £5000 for a training course with smartcharts.co.uk. I have no complaints about the three day course, which was very professional.

I was given the option of a company account, whereby I invest £5000 through Smartcharts into Capital Markets. They would match this £5000 and would share in any profits made and I would have access to all their trading tools. I paid the £5000.

I was encouraged to join the breakfast club, whilst waiting for the account to open. I was given the link for a number of days and I attended 5.

Within the 14 day cooling off period I decided it was not for me and cancelled the agreement.

I was told that because I had attended the breakfast club I could not cancel and I would forfeit the £5000 paid to open the Capital Markets trading account.

I received an email to this effect and was told the case was closed, no refund would be given and subsequent emails have been ignored.

Their email:

“You have used and accessed parts of your programme within the 14-day cancellation period and because of this, all prices paid will thereafter become non-refundable.

Please note that you have purchased advanced courses and additional coaching that would help you learn further in trading with a chance to trade a Company Funded Trading account worth £5,000 given that you have met the criteria stated in your contract.

Courses that you have attended within your programme:

· Breakfast Club, Mon 15th Jan 2024, 08:00, FX

· Breakfast Club, Tue 16th Jan 2024, 08:00, FX

· Breakfast Club, Wed 17th Jan 2024, 08:00, FX

· Breakfast Club, Thu 18th Jan 2024, 08:00, FX

· Breakfast Club, Fri 19th Jan 2024, 08:00, FX”

This is grossly unfair because:

I did not ask to be allowed to attend the breakfast club

I was not told I would forfeit the £5000 to fund the Capital Markets account if I attended

My account was never opened and therefore I could not benefit from any of the breakfast club webinars

This is appalling behaviour and is at best to stealing £5000. I’m sure Capital Markets too would be concerned about working so closely with a company that operates in this way.

How do I post this as a review?

Hello, here is my experience with Greg Secker. I purchased a 3 day course and then I had a 1 to 1 with Gurdas where I could purchase a joint trading account, 36000 and they will add 100000. When Gurdas asked for my bank details I wasn't sure and said I will pay a later date. Something didn't seem right and then I thought let me look up on this. I searched Greg Secker scammer and now I'm here. I was close to paying the 36000 but something was off. But I payed the 3 day course.
Hi, I have been investigating Secker and LTT for 2 years now. One of my victims paid £48k so you were very lucky. I am a former senior Scotland Yard detective, Barrister and forex trader. You can reach me via LinkedIn and so can update you further.
The Police are now involved and I would like to hear your full story.
Thanks

Mark Veljovic

Hi, I have been investigating Secker and LTT for 2 years now. One of my victims paid £48k so you were very lucky. I am a former senior Scotland Yard detective, Barrister and forex trader. You can reach me via LinkedIn and so can update you further.
The Police are now involved and I would like to hear your full story.
Thanks

Mark Veljovic
Hi Mark
Very similar experience. It seems to be part of their business plan. They have blocked me from commenting on their Facebook posts.
Good luck
Russ

Hi I am writing about my recent experience (not even 1 week old ) with Smartcharts, Learn to Trade, Greg Secker.

I am a total beginner in Forex trading and bought a 3-day (£3,069) course from Learn to Trade/Smartcharts/Greg Secker people.

At the end of this course, instead of getting 3 mentorship sessions as promised in the programme, I got one session for 1.5hours where the so-called mentor was pitching a 12-month programme.

I kept on saying that I am a beginner and don’t have extra funds, but he was presenting the programme to me as a joint venture where if I invest £20K, it will be a joint account with the Company, where they will invest £30K and along with detailed 12-month educational content I will get 1-2-1 mentorship where the mentor will be guiding me in the trading process. The rational being that the Company and myself will be making profit together along the way at the ration of 80% to me and 20% to Greg Secker.

This made sense to me, since as a beginner I did not have much confidence in being able to make a profit when trading on my own and the 80% of course looked very appealing.

After purchasing the programme for 20K on Monday evening, Tuesday at 6am I received an e-mail with a link to a 30min Breakfast Club happening live that morning, no login details needed. I watched that live club, which made no sense to me as a beginner, and I kept thinking why did the mentor send me this link, since this was totally inappropriate to me as a beginner as I could not understand anything. As it turned out later, this link was a perfect trap for unsuspecting customer. Read on.

When I accessed my trading account later that morning, I realised there were no 30K funds in my trading account and neither my 20K was featuring anywhere! It transpired that in the end this money I paid does not allow me to trade, and that this £20,000 I have just paid was additional money to access only further educational content for 12 months.

It turned out that in order to get to the level of the joint account with the Company, which was pitched to me as STEP1 of the programme, I would have to invest further funds, show consistent 3% profit results for 3 months consecutively, plus satisfy a number of other conditions and only then they would consider and maybe accept me to trade in this joint Company’s account. This was total news to me as this was completely omitted by the so-called mentor from his sales pitch.

Immediately that morning (less than 24hours since purchasing) I decided to cancel this programme and get a refund because I realised the conditions were much too stringent and I also do not have further funds to invest, which I clearly said during the purchasing process a number of times.

NOW THE CATCH.
When I asked for my money back, 2 days later they came back to say that I am not entitled to any refund at all, because I accessed that 30-min breakfast club. Apparently, according to their T&Cs, if one accesses ANY part of the 12-month programme, one immediately forfeits the right to 14-day cancellation period and refund. So it turns out that the 30-min live Breakfast Club, with no login needed, where some guy is sitting and trading and a beginner cannot understand anything, costs £20,000.

The mentor’s e-mail with the link to the Breakfast club, received just before 6am is a perfect trap to satisfy their T&C clause which prevents a customer from cancelling the contract and getting their money back.

This is not even 1 week old experience, I am still trying to get my money back. Any advice?
Hi, this is not only an exact blueprint of my own experience and for a very similar amount of money, but I am in the same situation now to try and recover my money. Nine if the key and essential elements of the programme are disclosed at the point of sale, and even if it’s written in a contract, in law they still have an over riding obligation to make those terms crystal clear.

Hi Mark
Very similar experience. It seems to be part of their business plan. They have blocked me from commenting on their Facebook posts.
Good luck
Russ
I’ve been adding comments to all their FB posts as well Russell, and think they’ve blocked me as well now. Total scumbags these people, and I am sure many of the ‘employees’ are well aware of what is going on, despite their denial when confronted. They’ve been doing this for years, so their longest serving mentors etc will have been faced with these complaints many, many times over, yet when I first raised it with my coach, it was like I was the only person who’d ever had an issue.

Back