• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Greg Secker Learn To Trade CONFIRMED FRAUDSTER

I am having an issue with a company
People like this give trading a bad name and give these poor beginners a horrible experience from the beginning. I never spent a penny learning to trade and it’s a shame that this doesn’t even teach anything valuable and is really just a money grab to direct traders to a certain broker for his gain.

Can someone please help me! Learn to trade is a joke…All they won’t is $$$$$, I don’t know what to do to get my money back!!!! I have been reading your posts and I feel sick to the stomach. I have paid $20,000.00 Australian to "Learn to trade". $10,000. was meant for training and $10,000. that they have been holding since December last year and said I would be allowed to trade with once I was good enough, within that they would take 20% and I would get 80%. I am sick and was allowed to take my funds out of my Kiwi saver in New Zealand where I live, due to terminal illness. I thought I could turn my money into a little more for my Children. I have handed it all to learn to trade, as they made promises of one-on-one coaching, learning to trade like a professional with the help of their amazing software that I am being charged $149.00 A month for! I paid $5000.00 for the first course, then I got the hard sell on doing the next stage, the first course left me with more questions than answers, I asked how long it would take for me to start using my 10K and was told about 6 months. When you are not well time is very important! They knew I was not well but told me I would pick it up easily and increase my money very quickly. After I had paid them the money I started on the next stage of the course. First thing I was told is that forget everything you were told in the $5000. course as they don't know what they are talking about. My personal coach came on to my smart charts and took everything off that I was told to put on in the first course, told me my charts looked like an aboriginal drawing, and he took what I had put on my charts off. He told me about a holiday and the next 30min lesson about how he missed his daughter. So, I asked for a new coach, over and over and I never got a reply or a new coach. How do you learn when on Monday you are taught something and on Tuesday you are told that is not correct? They are contractors that openly say they don't like using smart charts, and the only thing they have in common is that they don't agree on anything! I knew it would be a waste of time asking for a full refund so I just asked for my money back. The 10K they have taken from me, and I was told 'Further to correspondence and discussions between us this is to advise you that LTT's management has considered your request for a refund but decided not to offer it." A REFUND THEY HAVE 10,000.00 of my money. It was a generic email, they also told me if I wasn't happy go to AFCA and make a complaint. I can't believe in trying to increase my money to leave my Children I have handed it over to such cold heart people who don't care. With living in NZ. I don't know if I should do a complaint from here or in Australia. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am not meant to be under any stress, and this is keeping me awake at night! I started in December, and I still don't have a trading plan. When I asked my personal coach if we would be making a trading plan, he sent me his. I don't trust them; they make promises that they can't fulfil. None of these people work for learn to trade they are just contractors. I have attached the letter I was sent after I asked for my funds to be returned! I also attached the email I sent them for my money back. And lastly the last email I sent them that they didn't even reply too! These people scam you out of your money by making promises that they don't deliver. I don't normally ask for help but I am beside myself, how could I have been so stupid. Sue
If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Can someone please help me! Learn to trade is a joke…All they won’t is $$$$$, I don’t know what to do to get my money back!!!! I have been reading your posts and I feel sick to the stomach. I have paid $20,000.00 Australian to "Learn to trade". $10,000. was meant for training and $10,000. that they have been holding since December last year and said I would be allowed to trade with once I was good enough, within that they would take 20% and I would get 80%. I am sick and was allowed to take my funds out of my Kiwi saver in New Zealand where I live, due to terminal illness. I thought I could turn my money into a little more for my Children. I have handed it all to learn to trade, as they made promises of one-on-one coaching, learning to trade like a professional with the help of their amazing software that I am being charged $149.00 A month for! I paid $5000.00 for the first course, then I got the hard sell on doing the next stage, the first course left me with more questions than answers, I asked how long it would take for me to start using my 10K and was told about 6 months. When you are not well time is very important! They knew I was not well but told me I would pick it up easily and increase my money very quickly. After I had paid them the money I started on the next stage of the course. First thing I was told is that forget everything you were told in the $5000. course as they don't know what they are talking about. My personal coach came on to my smart charts and took everything off that I was told to put on in the first course, told me my charts looked like an aboriginal drawing, and he took what I had put on my charts off. He told me about a holiday and the next 30min lesson about how he missed his daughter. So, I asked for a new coach, over and over and I never got a reply or a new coach. How do you learn when on Monday you are taught something and on Tuesday you are told that is not correct? They are contractors that openly say they don't like using smart charts, and the only thing they have in common is that they don't agree on anything! I knew it would be a waste of time asking for a full refund so I just asked for my money back. The 10K they have taken from me, and I was told 'Further to correspondence and discussions between us this is to advise you that LTT's management has considered your request for a refund but decided not to offer it." A REFUND THEY HAVE 10,000.00 of my money. It was a generic email, they also told me if I wasn't happy go to AFCA and make a complaint. I can't believe in trying to increase my money to leave my Children I have handed it over to such cold heart people who don't care. With living in NZ. I don't know if I should do a complaint from here or in Australia. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I am not meant to be under any stress, and this is keeping me awake at night! I started in December, and I still don't have a trading plan. When I asked my personal coach if we would be making a trading plan, he sent me his. I don't trust them; they make promises that they can't fulfil. None of these people work for learn to trade they are just contractors. I have attached the letter I was sent after I asked for my funds to be returned! I also attached the email I sent them for my money back. And lastly the last email I sent them that they didn't even reply too! These people scam you out of your money by making promises that they don't deliver. I don't normally ask for help but I am beside myself, how could I have been so stupid. Sue
Hi, I am so sorry I missed this ! Can you get in touch with me so we can discuss. Thanks, Mark

Greg Secker Learn To Trade CONFIRMED FRAUDSTER

One word. RUN! Greg Secker Learn to Trade and his cronies such as Gurdas Singh Sidhu are just scammers. Never made a penny trading in their lives.

Very poor training/educational experience; basically just want you to subscribe to their expensive software and use their brokerage firm Capital UK where they make commissions on every single trade you make.

The subscriptions to the useless software (SmartCharts aka SCAM CHARTS) are just another recurring revenue stream for Learn to trade / Greg Secker so he can keep buying expensive SNAKE OIL ads with coded messages of riches e.g. holidays, dream homes, yachts, expensive cars etc and EXPLOITING even more financially VULNERABLE people with a dream to do better until they figure out they are being RIPPED OFF.

Within 10 minutes of a Learn to trade training session, we were asked to go to another room where we were sold an extremely expensive upsell for over £20,000. I was DISGUSTED.

Ever wondered why Learn To Trade / Greg Secker spends a fortune on Youtube ads?

Greg Secker makes huge amounts of money from the vulnerable until they work out they are more BROKE than when they started because they now have huge debts because they lost borrowed money in learning a system rigged to make them lose money!

Got to be one of the biggest scams in history.

Would love to hear other stories of people who have been scammed by this con man Greg Secker.
Completely agree with this. GREG SECKER and his LEARN TO TRADE is A SCAM.
To anyone who has Googled Learn to Trade to learn more, DON'T BOOK HIS COURSES.
Forex trading can only be done with large amounts of money and a huge amount of expert know how about the markets. Greg Secker will take your life savings for poor training on something YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY FROM.
He knows this. His teachers know this. Do not be fooled by videos of yachts and cars and holidays. It's a SCAM. I managed to get someone out before they took them for everything they had. Others weren't so lucky.

Hi Sue,

Are you still on this site and happy to talk about this ?

Thanks

Mark Veljovic
Profile on LinkedIn

I feel sick to my stomach after reading your story. I am so sad that you have to go through this when you’re this ill. He is a fraud, and continuously scamming people. I haven’t had this bad experience of course, but I attended one of his seminar, and understood that he’s a scam. The reason you don’t get your money is him, he’s not allowing this, this is his company. How did you fair, what is the position with your money right now? Are you still trying to get your money? Most importantly, I hope this has not worsen in your health.

There is a remedy under the Consumer Protection (Amendment) Regulations 2014 which gives ‘consumers’ new private remedies where a trader ‘lies or uses aggressive commercial practices’. This is a bolt on to the main Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. Basically, people pressurised into buying these courses can ‘unwind’ the contract and get their money back if reported within 90 days or get a discount on what they paid if out of time for example. There are also damages for ‘alarm, distress or physical inconvenience or discomfort’ with a ceiling of £1,000. So, anyone misled into paying for the recent LifeStyle Trader courses 2022 have 3 months to get out of the ‘contract’ and get your money back.

I am currently investigating the totality of his operation, and liaising with lawyers in the UK and Australia regarding bringing Secker and his operation before the courts. I am both a qualified Barrister and former senior police detective.
I think I saw your response before in another forum, telling the readers that you are currently investigating. There I asked you as it was an old post, whether you pursued this or still investigating him. However, I received no reply from you. Could you please inform, the current position of your investigation? Thank you

I had an experience with this company and would confirm it as per my experience to be the epitome of daylight robbery. I was turned from a financial independent into impoverished and now on benefits with no assets. I would steer clear of this company as though your life depends on it. The truth from the bottom of my heart. The modus operandi of the company and all its staff - don’t be fooled by the wolves in sheep’s clothing - although some do just do it as it’s a job - is to exhort in every living way imaginable. And they do it shamelessly. With a smile on their faces. Will hug you like a brother and stick the knife in the back. It surprises me that no one has taken them to court and won yet but I suppose it’s a company that is backed by some one bigger than the marketeer - because let’s call a spade a spade - that’s all Greg Secker is - a marketeer with IT knowledge that conceptualised the booby trap that is smart charts - and not a trader. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if the company was funded by the Russian or some other kind of mafia. Who keep the thing ticking over very nicely, with all the legal loopholes quelled and justified by lawyers who have exclusive access to case law databases. Just my HO.
Of interest is that there is a class action law suit in the pipeline against learn to trade Australia -
They are just in the intel stage at the moment but if you are interested in sharing your story they might be interested in what you have to say. It’s Australia based only but could have scope to expand based on the strength / number of cases. It seems nearly everyone who is willing to swallow their pride and dispel their trauma has a case that epitomises the true nature of what scam artistry under the guise of education actually looks like. Greg secker and his cronies have every interest in robbing you dry whilst profiting against your losses, so please do yourself the favour of a lifetime and STAY AWAY. Words I wish someone had told me.

Franklaw.com.au is taking queries and intel about learn to trade victims in Australia.
Please remove your comment or edit it to remove my contact details and you have posted them without my consent. Thanks

FPA Forums Team Note: We've edited the text to just show your firm's website.

After getting the same abundance of adverts as everyone else on YouTube, I went onto one of this guy's online 'introductory' presentations and decided to avoid him for the following reasons.

The 'live' presentation that I attended was about October 2022. Despite the war in Ukraine having been going on for 10 months by then, he made no mention of it and was talking of the pandemic as though restrictions were in place.

He was asking questions for people to answer in the chat. However, when he referred to the answers, there seemed to be no way that so many answers could have been provided in the few seconds he provided for those answers.

The presentation was clearly one that had been recorded (most likely in 2021) so he can't even be bothered to turn up in person to seek new victims.

As you can see from his YouTube adverts, he has a particularly irritating habit of looking at the camera out of the sides of his eyes. A quick check of this strange behaviour online indicated that people who do this do so because they are not trustworthy.

He brags on about all the money he makes from trading. I suspect that he makes most (or maybe all) of the money from selling his (or someone else's) £3,000 software and financial independence pipedreams rather than from trading.

What you do is your prerogative but I would suggest that you don't entrust your money and hopes to Greg Secker.

After getting the same abundance of adverts as everyone else on YouTube, I went onto one of this guy's online 'introductory' presentations and decided to avoid him for the following reasons.

The 'live' presentation that I attended was about October 2022. Despite the war in Ukraine having been going on for 10 months by then, he made no mention of it and was talking of the pandemic as though restrictions were in place.

He was asking questions for people to answer in the chat. However, when he referred to the answers, there seemed to be no way that so many answers could have been provided in the few seconds he provided for those answers.

The presentation was clearly one that had been recorded (most likely in 2021) so he can't even be bothered to turn up in person to seek new victims.

As you can see from his YouTube adverts, he has a particularly irritating habit of looking at the camera out of the sides of his eyes. A quick check of this strange behaviour online indicated that people who do this do so because they are not trustworthy.

He brags on about all the money he makes from trading. I suspect that he makes most (or maybe all) of the money from selling his (or someone else's) £3,000 software and financial independence pipedreams rather than from trading.

What you do is your prerogative but I would suggest that you don't entrust your money and hopes to Greg Secker.
If you are having a severe problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Financial Company Comparisons and Discussions
and give details (make sure to choose "prefix" as a problem).

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, it will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes getting advice specific to resolving your issue easier.

Back