Do you ever look back at your trading journal?

Rambo35

Corporal
I am not sure if everyone kept a trading journal, but I did when I started out trading. I think it really helped my learning curve as I wrote down all my trades plus everything else I did and I reviewed it every weekend.

I have stopped keeping a trading journal now that I have my strategy and get the results I want, but from time to time I do take a look and take another look at my progress. I wonder if I would have made the same progress without a trading journal and I think if it is kept properly it can really be of assistance as you navigate your way though the early days of our forex trading.

Do those of you who kept one ever take another look at it after you stopped keeping it?

I would need a considerable volume of Jack Daniels before going back to look over some of those early trades.

Ooops, honestly speaking I don't have a trading journal yet but I am planing to start one now as I have a few methods in my grasp that are doing well for me.

Hi,

I reeeeaally wish I had done this. I think even if you're not going to bother going over it again just the act of putting things down in writing helps. It solidifies things in your mind and you have access to them far easier. I couldn't tell you anything about my first 6 months of trading. Other than I lost all the time! Let this be a lesson to newbs. Write things down!

p.

Back