Gekko Global Markets

Black Bird

Corporal
I discovered this broker Gekko Global Markets: 25% cash bonus on first deposit up to £500! (Limited time only; T&C apply) last week. The spreads on the majors are relatively tight but the greatest advantage is the stakes. You can open a trade with as little as 20 pence and then add as little as 1 penny to that trade!! I have been practising on a Demo and it was okay so today I opened a live account.

Please note that I opened a Spread betting account, where profits are tax free in the UK. I don't know if they offer a Forex account but it may be worth asking. AFAIK Spread betting is the same as Forex rapped under another name.

I would like to hear any reviews before funding my account. :D

Black Bird

Corporal
I discovered this broker Gekko Global Markets: 25% cash bonus on first deposit up to £500! (Limited time only; T&C apply) last week. The spreads on the majors are relatively tight but the greatest advantage is the stakes. You can open a trade with as little as 20 pence and then add as little as 1 penny to that trade!! I have been practising on a Demo and it was okay so today I opened a live account.

Please note that I opened a Spread betting account, where profits are tax free in the UK. I don't know if they offer a Forex account but it may be worth asking. AFAIK Spread betting is the same as Forex rapped under another name.

I would like to hear any reviews before funding my account. :D
Placed few trades today with no problem at all. The only thing I can't do is having a Long and a Short on the same pair, which I can do with all my other brokers. Don't do that very often so it does not bother me much. Also, if you want to close a trade, before it reaches the sl/tp, you would have to place an opposite trade of the one running where with other brokers all you have to do is click on the "Close" button; again, not a big deal.

Customer service is excellent!! Replies are relatively quick, except at UK lunch time..lol.., and representatives over the phone are very polite. I haven't made a withdrawal yet but as they are regulated by the FSA - a real watchdog with active involvement and real teeth - I'm not worrying much.

With regards to the bonus - very intimidating - I don't think I would bother as I can't meet the T&C requirements.

Good luck if you try them out.;)

Black Bird

Corporal
Just an update, which may be helpful as I can see that a lot of people checked my review:

Lost a bit of money few days ago because of an error on Gekko's charts. Below is their response to my enquiry:

Dear XXXX..,

The low spike on the GBPUSD chart looks to have been caused by a bad tick and is therefore not representative of a true price. As a result, I will request that the loss you incurred on this trade of £XXXX.. is refunded.

Kind regards,

XXXX..
Client Services

I have received the amount in full on the same day. Overall I give them 5 stars without hesitation.

:D