Good news

cowmadagan

Sergeant
I'm starting to have more faith in brokers.
I still will not tell you mine, because they haven't earned my loyalty.

What I will tell you is that (as a minute trader) just today my broker has given me a 'rates changed' aka deal not executed, message over three times while it would've been in their favor. I mean I was bailing on a spike that retreated in my favor and they didn't let me bail, which means they don't have a skewed system where they'll suspend for milliseconds if it's in your favor, but not when it's in theirs.

Don't get too carried away as it's probably either a fluke or a system glitch at broker's end. There is no forex broker that is a market maker that will not take your money legally if they can. Some even take it illegally as we have seen on the FPA forums.

Keep in mind that it's possible that the broker may have been chasing bigger fish at that time and could have just suspended the closing of all trades. You may well have profited from this while someone else may have got cleaned out.

When it comes to forex brokers, there are more conspiracy theories than you can imagine :)

Every now and then you get lucky. I had my platform lock up while trying to place a trade once. By the time I closed and restarted it, price had moved 10 pips in my favor.

Of course, for every incident like that, there are 2 or 3 that worked against me.

:unhappy: Yeah..maybe the reason why it happened to me so many times today is because I bailed on so many deals today.

Back