GUILTY Case# 2012-056 | Kovacs Norbert vs fxopen.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that fxopen.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 103 82.4%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 22 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had similar case like Kovacs with one of my brokers and ECN broker too who fixed price feed error and all affected orders returned to normal, without the broker blaming the LP and hiding behind it to loose me money.

If they had done this in Kovac's case, he would have lost $1,800 which was 3x his starting balance. He should be thankful that they didn't just "fix" the error, but instead voided the trades and made it as if they had never happened. But instead of saying "Thank you so much, FX Open, I'm really sorry for taking advantage of those price fill glitches and I'm glad I'm not being held liable for those $1,800 in losses" he filed a scam complaint at FPA and accused them of stealing over $40k in profits.

FX Cobra, if your amazing and honest ECN broker had a glitch that caused you to make a ton of money (over +4,000%) and then "fixed the error and all affected trades returned to normal" you too would be screaming "scam" and demanding the undeserved profit that resulted from the error. Especially if you were aware of the glitch at the time it happened and traded a pile of volume to take advantage of it. So your broker fixed a glitch and they're praised for it, but FX Open fixes a glitch AND voids Kovacs loss that resulted from it, and they're a scam?

Scott

If they had done this in Kovac's case, he would have lost $1,800 which was 3x his starting balance. He should be thankful that they didn't just "fix" the error, but instead voided the trades and made it as if they had never happened. But instead of saying "Thank you so much, FX Open, I'm really sorry for taking advantage of those price fill glitches and I'm glad I'm not being held liable for those $1,800 in losses" he filed a scam complaint at FPA and accused them of stealing over $40k in profits.

FX Cobra, if your amazing and honest ECN broker had a glitch that caused you to make a ton of money (over +4,000%) and then "fixed the error and all affected trades returned to normal" you too would be screaming "scam" and demanding the undeserved profit that resulted from the error. Especially if you were aware of the glitch at the time it happened and traded a pile of volume to take advantage of it. So your broker fixed a glitch and they're praised for it, but FX Open fixes a glitch AND voids Kovacs loss that resulted from it, and they're a scam?

Scott

Are you serious!?? There's a big difference between facts in both cases despite same LP problem.

My broker fault is Clear like Sun Light. Didn't you see my screenshot? Market prices were flying and falling(look at the High/Low prices & candle abnormal shape) which proves an LP fault or whatever error of some 1000-40000pips in every pair.
But Fxopen LP fault(like the broker said) is as if not a fault but its normal manipulation of market prices as I had shown in a screenshot compared to other broker, difference of 3.5pips for EuroUsd than other brokers.
Fxopen fault is some 3-5pips that I do not consider an LP error, NO, I do not consider it an LP error, especially with Fxopen bad name & past actions in manipulating market prices through live market hours.
I can't laugh at myself saying that the broker must had gave me my profits from that abnormal 1000-40000pips LP fault like Eurousd high 48.97 low 1.0055
I would not be only laughing at myself if I open a case against my broker for not giving me my profits for that abnormal price but nobody at FPA will stand with me or take me seriously in such case.
Profits from 48.97 high and 1.0055 low for eurousd is surely not deserved but profits from some 3-5 pips that is mainly by manipulated prices of fxopen is definitively deserved.
And if those abnormal prices(my case) could be Real?!, not the broker or its LPs will get bankrupted and clients might become RICH but all Central Banks will get bankrupted!! What a Dream Day it will be:cool:

But for Kovacs case, I would not only put one Big Question Mark but a Million One when Fxopen speak about 3-5 pips wrong price feed from its LP and anyway it's their LP fault despite I'm not convinced about that fxopen manipulated excuse(3-5 pips, what a coincidence with same Kovacs pips profit per order, give me a break!)

Maybe no one at FPA had took a notice at why fxopen made from this big profit in one day of Kovacs account a problem and played it some 3-5 pips(you can do better manipulation than that but maybe your history repeat itself in little 3-5 pips manipulation-remember my screenshot!!)
What Kovacs had done is increase lot size and using the high leverage for each order, a small pip profit for each order will make a big profit in dollars as you know or concluded.
Here what fxopen had done is say: Look guys why don't we play the same game with him and say LP wrong price feed(nearly same small pip range 3-5pips as Kovacs used) and at end when Kovacs complain we tell him look your orders were loss because of the wrong price feed by our LP but we'll fix it and make it as if nothing happened!!(Good Manipulation fxopen)
The broker comes out as a winner in both cases, first showing itself making a favor for its client Kovacs and second actually winning thousands from not paying Kovacs his deserved profits.
This scenario might look insane at the first Reading of it but makes lot of sense when you compare it to what had happen in Kovacs case.

Kovacs must make a bit more effort in this case like giving further proofs or some more hidden details that he might had forgot to mention, in order to help improve his position in this case, despite fxopen Guilty already for many reasons said before.

We want you here Kovacs, where are you?? Everybody at FPA is discussing your case except you!

Where are your recent posts!!? Did you give up or what??!

Let us know. Are we fighting for you alone!?

Perhaps Kovacs isn't saying much since FxOpen has publicly stated that they plan to sue him over his complaints against them at the FPA.

I might understand in someway if Kovacs have any hope left that Fxopen might pay him his money, because of that he stopped posting anything from long time ago.
But Kovacs afraid of fxopen suing him!!! That's not a reasonable excuse. Sue for what?! Sue Where?! Afraid of who?! fxopen!

You look living in a country far of the fxopen scam broker one, nobody can track you and for what? Give me a break!

Unless the Interpol decides to forget all criminals & terrorists but instead track you! Come On!

If you're afraid come to me, I'll hide you and let the whole Interpol, CIA, FBI, KGB catch you if they can:cool:, if they couldn't do that to me:p

Seriously:cool:

Afraid of nobody but only your God.

Last edited:
Dear Pharaoh, FXCobra and dear traders

thanks so much for your support and sympathy.

1, I am alive and am doing well. I checked back everyday and read all the comments. Right now I am busy gathering much evidences and try to follow my case on court.

2, No, fxopen did not pay me a cent. They still owe me 40K.

3, I am not afraid being sued. I am speaking truth, and have nothing to hide. As I said before, I urge them to do sue me! Since then they kept quiet.

Wish you great trading to you all!

K.N.

----------------------------------------------------------
I played fair game. I traded what was offered to me.

Its sad, i will stop recommending fxopen to my students. Am closing my account straight away, i wont wait to be a victim. Thanks for exposing this scammers.

Dear Pharaoh, FXCobra and dear traders

thanks so much for your support and sympathy.

1, I am alive and am doing well. I checked back everyday and read all the comments. Right now I am busy gathering much evidences and try to follow my case on court.

2, No, fxopen did not pay me a cent. They still owe me 40K.

3, I am not afraid being sued. I am speaking truth, and have nothing to hide. As I said before, I urge them to do sue me! Since then they kept quiet.

Wish you great trading to you all!

K.N.

----------------------------------------------------------
I played fair game. I traded what was offered to me.

That's Great News Kovacs. Welcome back.

fxopen has definitively learned a lot from this case, as I'm sure a lot of other onlooking brokers have also. After reading their FxOpen Au Product Disclosure Statement, it is clear that they are not attempting to hide behind any "legalese"; they did a good job of explaining all of the aspects of their retail offerings in plain English with easy to follow examples and full disclosure. In fact, it is one of the clearest PDS i've ever seen from any forex broker (most are written in a more legalese format). Here are some improvements I see:

Section 11.13 (inactive accounts) should have a clearer definition of what an inactive account is (no pending trades, no login, etc). And 6 months instead of 3 months should be the waiting period.

Section 12.3 (withdrawals) should have a stated processing time in which withdrawals can be expected to be processed once received. (1 business day, 2 business days, etc). Define what a business day is.

Section 13 (dispute resolution). Add the word "days" after "business" so that it reads "5 business days". 30 business days is a long time to research a normal trading dispute. There should be more clarity as to the category of dispute, and what information dispute should include. Different timeframes of investigation may be more appropriate depending on the category of dispute. Define what a business day is.

Section 16 (privacy). More details should be given about how data is stored and what FxOpen's responsibility in safeguarding that information. Include examples of steps taken to safeguard the data if possible.

I'm sure if another technological error occurs in the future, it will not take weeks to investigate and wait to become a public spectacle. It will be handled initially in hours and fully investigated a couple of days maximum. I am sure all clients affected by the error will get a proper email notice.

Technology will have issues from time to time; but i think that cases like this and regulation like AU will keep FxOpen reaction time much shorter. I wouldn't call fxopen scam in this instance, just and untimely technological glitch combined with bad public relations (initially). And it looks like they have already taken steps to prevent any further trader victimization. If Kovacs does choose to trade with them or other broker again, I'm sure his trading skill will allow him to make back more than his perceived losses here.

I think that the promised discussion about ECN technology that FxOpen uses is warranted (in a different thread of course since the verdict is already in).

Back