GUILTY Case# 2012-056 | Kovacs Norbert vs fxopen.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that fxopen.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 103 82.4%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 22 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am starting to like you Jafar Calley.

Your mixture combination sentences of first working for Fxopen AU to talking for Fxopen NZ(defending it in many posts) to promoting your Fxopen AU broker to then say you're not talking in behalf of Fxopen Nz is ASTONISHING;)

Fxopen AU must keep the grasp on you, never leave him:p

The revolution started with just this single voice(or client) of the 200000+(not sure of this number accuracy! FX?? & FX??? must give the 500000+ number in this case!) who was also the loudest voice.

Don't know their address!! Maybe FPA interested, the 5 Stars Scam Champion Trophy is with it:D
You can exchange it for other thing:p

When all LP's are market makers, I'll open a broker company from my house backyard and start operating, my market prices accuracy can be much better than theirs;):cool:

This case is about Kovacs problem with Fxopen and you know well my opinion about that besides my screenshot proof about Fxopen Market Price Manipulation.

Jaffar, You look to be a good lively person(if am not wrong), but do not play those games with me(you know), try it with others because with me you'll feel something going from above and below you(maybe in between:D) without knowing what was that, leaving you ASTONISHED!

Cheers!

I am starting to like you Jafar Calley.

Your mixture combination sentences of first working for Fxopen AU to talking for Fxopen NZ(defending it in many posts) to promoting your Fxopen AU broker to then say you're not talking in behalf of Fxopen Nz is ASTONISHING;)

I was FXOpen NZ's spokesperson here before but I had to change to FXOpen AU after I was moved to Australia. I do however feel the need to defend my business partner's reputation as my relationship with them has been long. They have never given me a reason to doubt them.

When all LP's are market makers, I'll open a broker company from my house backyard and start operating, my market prices accuracy can be much better than theirs;):cool:

Feel free. When are you going to start? :) All LPs are market makers and always will be. I don't see how they can be twisted into anything else. See Market Maker Definition | Investopedia for a definition of a market maker.

This case is about Kovacs problem with Fxopen and you know well my opinion about that besides my screenshot proof about Fxopen Market Price Manipulation.

I saw that and you were being a little creative with that. You showed the quote from FXOpen NZ's Market Maker account compared to the quote from what looked like an ECN feed of another broker. I don't know how you could stretch that into an allegation of manipulation since no two brokers will have same price at the same time 100% of the time. It's like the price of a particular product in different shops. Take this for example.

http://www.shopbot.com.au/m/?m=galaxy nexus

Comparing the price of the phone in different shops, it is hard to find two shops with the same price. Which one is manipulating the market? It's the same in the Forex market. Since there isn't a centralised Forex exchange, there is no "real" price. Only the prices offered by the brokers themselves with MM brokers and LPs making their own prices and ECNs displaying the best bid and ask from their pool of LPs.

I hope this post helped you and others understand what the Forex market is and will help you to become better traders.

I saw that and you were being a little creative with that. You showed the quote from FXOpen NZ's Market Maker account compared to the quote from what looked like an ECN feed of another broker. I don't know how you could stretch that into an allegation of manipulation since no two brokers will have same price at the same time 100% of the time. It's like the price of a particular product in different shops. Take this for example.

galaxy nexus - Price Comparison - Buy Cheap in Australia

Comparing the price of the phone in different shops, it is hard to find two shops with the same price. Which one is manipulating the market? It's the same in the Forex market. Since there isn't a centralised Forex exchange, there is no "real" price. Only the prices offered by the brokers themselves with MM brokers and LPs making their own prices and ECNs displaying the best bid and ask from their pool of LPs.

I hope this post helped you and others understand what the Forex market is and will help you to become better traders.

Those last paragraphs you wrote in your last reply made my day.

Comparing Forex Brokers to phone shops show how you are trying to deceive our mental awareness as FPA members!! or you went too much offbase, had nothing better to say but what nervously first came out your mind!!

Phone or any kind of shops sell products in different prices for same brand because other factors effect their prices like the shop selling strategy, if its goal is sell too much so it lowers price or not much customers so it higher price and sell lower amounts of products, and also from where the shop is buying the procuts if from the original dealer or company representative directly(agreements) or some dealer/s in between.
Briefly, many non seen hidden factors play a major role in shops prices.
Like I have a supermarket in my city that sells most products at some 50 cents less than all other not just supermarkets but also big malls found in other cities near to mine despite the supermarket in my city is not that big in comparison to the others but the secret I believe might be in selling big amount so it can afford lowering the price by that considerable amount if you calculate it per many products you buy(add 50 50 50..makes big saving)

On the other hand, in the forex market it can't be considered the same, market prices can't be played with that huge(when many parties in many different sectors rely on market prices to the decimals) like I showed in my screenshot with up to 3.5 pips difference by fxopen which is not the only big problem but in how it is 3.5pips to become 2 then increased to 3 and 3.5 again, so on..

Comparing what's the right market price isn't hard Jaff, don't cheat FPA with your false comments.

Anyone can open 5 brokers mt4 accounts put it all along each other and compare market prices especially for brokers with same spread(fixed), even with others like ECN brokers you can compare(you know how).
I compared 4 brokers mt4 prices together, all 3 had nearly same price(only decimals difference) but fxopen was the only one way far with 3.5 pips difference that became after sometime 1.5pips to increase and decrease(full manipulation by fxopen)
And, am showing the eurousd pair that have the lowest spread and that must have no big difference between brokers whatever the account type was and for your info, the other broker in the screenshot was for same standard account type as fxopen.
Just if I had time to make all 4 brokers mt4 fit in same screenshot I could had shown it more clearly how fxopen is far away from others, it can't be all are wrong and you're the right:p

What little creative are you talking about!?? 1+1=2 The screenshot is found for all to see.

To be better traders if we are not at first, do not mean to check all brokers prices if matches with fxopen broker manipulated price feed to see if we take a trade or not
Our mission as traders is to trade not to make researches of LP's prices and their manipulation games!!!

By the way, would like to write about something very suspicious happening with some brokers in terms of rollovers.
Some pairs obviously must have positive swaps but some brokers had changed it from sometime to negative swaps(despite on those brokers sites it shows positive swaps) but others have it positive swaps.
And, when you ask those brokers why is it negative not positive as you show on your site, they say swaps are variable according to what they get from their banks..LIES LIES LIES
Traders must had understood what am talking about.
I'll not talk too much in details now but BE AWARE traders do not open live accounts with brokers that play with swaps to take advantage of traders positions(mainly long term ones).
I do not trust any broker(can be named Scam) that gives swaps against the Central Banks interest rates that is known for all.

To Kovacs case, if Jafar or anyone from fxopenNZ(where's its representative?? No Men left in the company to speak!;), don't worry we accept ladies repliestoo:p) want to turn the facts around or shake it a little or try some manipulation because its their habit, your end is known Failure and Guilty.

Last edited:
@FxFrench

Well this is interesting. Until your last post, I was (to my surprise) pretty respectful of you and your demeanor here. You had been professional, respectful, uncontentious, and generally kept yourself out of the "fray," and tit for tat accusations and demeaning commentary that has been the theme of this thread pretty much. But with your last post above, you completely blew that out of the water.

Was it really necessary to engage in your demeaning comments to Fx Cobra above? ie. "Feel free. When are you going to start?" and "I saw that you were being a little creative with that."

Didn't you originally say you weren't even supposed to be here making comments? Even so, you were at first totally professional and respectful, without even a hint of things like these barbs above. I can understand if his comments got you frustratrated, angry, whatever. But if that was the case, it would have been better for you to just keep quiet then come on here as a representative of a broker that was just voted GUILTY, and start throwing barbs around.

Like I said, you really blew it here. At least with me. I had seen you prior as someone at least deserving of some professional respect. Now I just see you as another dodgy broker representative that's succeeding in nothing more than pissing people off. I'm surprised you didn't also throw in a threat to sue as well lol :)

Like I said, you blew your credibility right out the window with that. Lesson learned I hope...

I had advice Jafar Calley in my last reply with a simple sentence maybe he understand but unfortunately he didn't, by saying:

**do not play those games with me(you know), try it with others because with me you'll feel something going from above and below you(maybe in between) without knowing what was that, leaving you ASTONISHED!**

What lesson would Scam brokers learn, if with all this thread pages they didn't understand to give Kovacs his rights, better spend it on their *** lawyers at courts. How do they think anyway?:confused:

I think these exchanges of ‘barbs’ serves no purpose here except to raise the temperature a few notches and making the issue here out of context…..and I still don’t know exactly what are we voting here for!

Granted, and 100% agreed by myself, that FxOpen did not honor the off-market prices of Kovacs’ hugely profitable and large lot size trades due to “deliberate price feeds from their LP” but those rights to remove these off-market profits/losses is covered in FxOpen (and just about every other broker out there too) TOS.

However, we must not forget that Kovacs is a very experienced forex trader of 11 years and he will, and should, recognize off-market price feeds when he sees them.
In my opinion, Kovacs knowingly traded large lot sizes and also knowingly know the broker (FxOpen or any broker) would not honor these trades as they are genuinely off-market prices.

In coming here to the FPA to try to get those huge profits derived from off-market prices, Kovacs, in my opinion, is making use of us FPA members to fight for something which he knows he has no chance to win in the first place.
If Kovacs is a virgin/novice/newbie forex trader, then I would believe that he would have no idea that he was receiving false off-market price feeds as even I (with just over 3 years experiences) would probably not recognized off-market price feeds when I see one. And in that case, I might probably sympathize with him. But a highly experienced forex trader with 11 years of trading???
I do not like to be used by anybody for their own agenda, and that’s exactly how I feel about this case and so I will still abstain from voting.

For the record, I still have live trading accounts with FxOpen and I see no reason to close my accounts any day soon as I do not believe that FxOpen is a scam broker. In fact, I would say that FxOpen is very much better than many other brokers which I have used in my over 3 years of trading.

Last edited:
I think these exchanges of ‘barbs’ serves no purpose here except to raise the temperature a few notches and making the issue here out of context…..and I still don’t know exactly what are we voting here for!

Granted, and 100% agreed by myself, that FxOpen did not honor the off-market prices of Kovacs’ hugely profitable and large lot size trades due to “deliberate price feeds from their LP” but those rights to remove these off-market profits/losses is covered in FxOpen (and just about every other broker out there too) TOS.

However, we must not forget that Kovacs is a very experienced forex trader of 11 years and he will, and should, recognize off-market price feeds when he sees them.
In my opinion, Kovacs knowingly traded large lot sizes and also knowingly know the broker (FxOpen or any broker) would not honor these trades as they are genuinely off-market prices.

In coming here to the FPA to try to get those huge profits derived from off-market prices, Kovacs, in my opinion, is making use of us FPA members to fight for something which he knows he has no chance to win in the first place.
If Kovacs is a virgin/novice/newbie forex trader, then I would believe that he would have no idea that he was receiving false off-market price feeds as even I (with just over 3 years experiences) would probably not recognized off-market price feeds when I see one. And in that case, I might probably sympathize with him. But a highly experienced forex trader with 11 years of trading???
I do not like to be used by anybody for their own agenda, and that’s exactly how I feel about this case and so I will still abstain from voting.

For the record, I still have live trading accounts with FxOpen and I see no reason to close my accounts any day soon as I do not believe that FxOpen is a scam broker. In fact, I would say that FxOpen is very much better than many other brokers which I have used in my over 3 years of trading.

I think you Rahman went too far in your judgement in this case. As a client of fxopen that's affecting your decision if you are aware of that or unconsciously.

Predicting Predicting Predicting can be the name of your post.

I had said it before and will repeat that you can't predict if Kovacs knew that price feed was wrong and he used it as a advantage and that's non of of anyone's business anyway.
He's a Trader and can take advantage of everything of what market afford him. What market afford him is the responsibility of broker prices not trader.
Kovacs can't predict what brokers do from manipulating prices to it being LP fault.

It's not Kovacs who took advantage or make use of any of us FPA members and this is a BIG OFFENSE for Kovacs, you must know what you say next time.

No, Kovacs would say he had no idea if the prices feed were wrong or LP fault. And for God sake, how can he know that and it's only 3-5 pips difference.

Who is taking advantage of this case is who's pretending predicting judging on unrealistic not found evidence but the evidence is fully found in fxopen confess that its their broker fault.
It do not have to do with him being a Professional trader(another confess from you that he can gain those thousands in normal price feeds if it was not at first normal prices at that time!!!) or newbie or novice and I'll keep the virgin:p for you, don't know from where you brought this word into forex trading!!!
Do not minimize our mind thinking FPA members who are traders with such false words and predictions.

We all know as traders being Professionals & Newbies that it needs big focus and concentration and also previous knowing and willing that the broker will have wrong price feed data to prepare for it with appropriate strategy as Kovacs had done.
But since all this is abnormal to be reality and client do not have internal power to know LP prices and predict what can happen in future, your judgement is false from start to end.
Kovacs must be sleeping on his screen day and night with many wide screens beside each other for different brokers mt4 to see a gap or difference of 3-5 pips of fxopen price than the others..nonsense

And, lets take it simple thinking, how can you talk about Kovacs taking advantage of wrong prices for making money that easily.
How do you even think that it's possible to be that easy performed by a Trader in that 3-5 pips margin???
What if market went opposite to his orders direction at time of execution or fxopen manipulated the price again, what had been the result in this case??, Kovacs loss for sure. Who will refund him in such case, would fxopen tell him that LP prices were false?? Never Ever would fxopen do that even if Kovacs saw the difference or error in prices, they could had said, everything was normal no LP Error nothing!!

You can keep your live account with them as much as you want with fxopen but do not make any promotions for it being ""very much better" than other brokers unless you're talking about the same Scam Brokers list it belongs.
With a little experience with them for a no deposit account and I deleted their mt4 after seeing live manipulation of 3.5 pips in eurousd as my screenshot show and from a neutral position i'll never think of opening a live account with it because putting aside Kovacs case, fxopen do not seduce me in anything from its forex service, Regulation not at the Top Firms, Spreads are average to High, you can get much lower spread with better brokers, manipulation of price as had experienced..etc

Anyone can give his opinion in such case but do not lessen all FPA members minds cleverness with prediction and unrealistic imaginations!!

You are being very sure of yourself my fellow FPA member FXCobra (though much newer member than I) and even to the point of being aggressive with complete disregard to other fellow members' opinion except your own. I used to be that way too when I first stumbled into this site some years back ;)

Well, my opinion still stands that I believe that Kovacs, having eleven (11) long years of trading the forex knows exactly what was happening and he also knows exactly that he would not be allowed to keep the profits due to off-market price feeds.

As to FxOpen being a much better broker than some that I have used, that's from my own personal experiences from having live accounts with quite a numbers of brokers over these last 3 years or so of trading the forex.

Just chill out my dear comrade, there are plenty more worst brokers out there to engage with if you so wishes....and there are loads of them here right here at the FPA.

I am simply voicing my own opinion and I believe I am entitle to that freedom of thoughts & opinion just like you and other FPA members. Unless, of course, you believe your opinion is the only one that counts and hold true!

Have a profitable trading week ahead!

I have been trading nearly 7 years so does that mean I need 4 more years of trading before I can instantly detect my broker's "off-market price feed" when the market is IN session? So according to you sir in 4 years I should be able to recognize price manipulation and gap cheating by my broker?

Can anyone here help me out with the 4 year learning curve and just explain to me how to perform this act?

I want to know because after reading SCAM cases here and especially this Fxopen case, my subconcious mind is seeing many times when this happens daily in my trading....and yes I had an FXopen account for over a year.... so maybe this is not random.. maybe in an eleven year time frame a newbie trader can learn how to battle price manipulation by brokers,LP or whoever it is on the other side of my trade..... cheating is cheating and if that is the market we were born in - we should know this in much less than 11 years into the profession...just my humble opinion..

All LPs are market makers and always will be.
That is a technically false statement. Liquidity providers can be ECNs, prime brokers (who may or may not be market makers), or banks (who are market makers).

The FXOpen AU product disclosure statement states:
FXOpen AU Pty Ltd said:
As at 1 May 2012, the list of liquidity providers includes:
(a) LMAX;
(b) London Capital Group;
(c) Renesource Capital;
(d) Gain Capital;
(e) Alpari; and
(f) HotSpot via FIXI (PB).

LMAX is an exchange, which could be classified as an ECN. See FX Trading | Forex Trading | CFD Trading | LMAX Exchange.
London Capital Group is an ECN prime broker. See Forex (FX) Trading | Forex Trading Account | LCG FX.
HotSpot is an ECN. See Knight Hotspot FX.
I don't know much about Renesource Capital, but their web site is Renesource Capital.
I think Gain Capital and Alpari are the only ones who could be market makers, depending on whether they automatically pass on orders to their own liquidity providers, and if they did then they'd be classified as "STP" brokers.
Notice that none of the listed liquidity providers are banks. The banks are inherently the big market makers in the foreign currency exchange market.

This is something I'd like to see. I'll open a little $600 account and the first time your price feed freezes or you experience a technical glitch I'll make $40,000 in an afternoon. When you refuse to pay I'll file a complaint on the FPA website and offer to send you a 5-Star Scam Trophy. Let's do it!

Scott

Back