GUILTY Case# 2012-083 | nicknick vs www.Universal-fx.com

Based on the available evidence, do you believe that Universal-fx.com is guilty?

• Guilty

Votes: 98 100.0%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thanks god i saw this open case. i had a demo account with universal and it was working well. nearly wanna open a real account. but in this circumstances, never.

It seems Nick's due diligence is a day late and 57k short. Why do traders always seem to be able to dig up the dirt AFTER they have a problem with their account?

The reply email seems to imply the broker has offered more than nick has disclosed. Can we get clarification from nick?

"....you speak bad about Universal FX. This is against any law and our terms & conditions. Please stop this, we will forward any communication from you against our company to our lawyers and district court of Bülach."

Don't you just love it when the broker make reference to their precious T&C and then threaten their client with law suit?

Same situation as Nick here

Withdrawal missing on date of 27 september 2012 , no clear explainations on live chat , no respond to my mails ...

Just recive from them one single mail :

Dear xxxxxx xxxxxxx,

We have checked all details again and the money has been sent by the instructions. However, we have asked for an inquiry regarding it so hopefully we will be able to send you more info shortly.

Best Regards,

Support Desk
FX Desk Agent

Why always this stuff seems to come from shady activities??
One bank and another bank, one broker and another broker, what am I missing here??

I cannot help getting the feeling it looks more like money laundering to me or tax evasion.

Hope I am wrong.

Anyhow, that money is gone, otherwise it would have been returned already.

Thanks for placing this case on record. it is despicable to make such lame excuses for not returning the funds, I get the feeling these funds are GONE!
Dave
Cape town

I'm curious--is there something related to a US client of a non-US broker going on here? I understand the directive that US traders not use non-US brokers, but I don't understand the options for working around that.

This is absolutely not related to this case. It is a question about when does witholding funds become a crime rather than a civil matter.

One can file a civil suit for just about any reason. Whether or not criminal charges are filed is up to regulators, police, judges, district attorneys, etc.

It's the lack of clear rules in forex that lets bad fx brokers get away with things that would result in instant criminal charges against most other types of financial companies.

I think if Universal-Fx really tries to file a court complaint (civil or criminal) against Nicknick for spreading the word, he'll have way too much fun with that, since all he has to do is show the court that his complaint is true.

It's against their terms and conditions for you to say bad things about them, even true bad things. LMAO!

I've already given some advice in your public thread.

Hey AsstMod, could you please contact Universal Fx and invite them in to the public thread?

Seems there concern is only not to say, "bad things" about them so guess that can be resolved in a jiffy. Probably, an assurance that "good things" will be said the moment they cough out the money owe. Ha ha !

Back