How long do I have to trade with demo account?

The length of time you can trade with a demo account varies among brokers, but it's typically unlimited. Demo accounts are designed to allow you to practice and familiarize yourself with forex trading without risking real money. You can use a demo account for as long as you need to build your skills and gain confidence before transitioning to a live trading account.

I traded on a demo account for 3 months until I consistently achieved profitable results. However, I didn't do it every day

I think there is no fixed answer, but you need to have your demo accounts for a long time!
You can test your edge, new pairs, and other things on your demo account, so I guess the answer is forever!

Of course, a demo account is more comfortable than real trading. But you don't make any money trading on a demo account.
I can recommend you analyze your trading during the last month. Taking into account that you have been trading on the same strategy.
If the overall result is positive, then you are ready for real trading.

My answer is no longer than a week. Some traders even advise to stay on the demo a couple of days and then move on the live acc as soon as possible.
Moreover, some brokers even restrict the period when demo acc is available and that's because of their aim to motivate you to open real acc.
All in all, demo trading just serves you as a concierge in the hotel, you know. It introduces you the platform and it doesn't require much time to get adjusted to new environment.

Back