How long do I have to trade with demo account?

We cannot deny the abilities of traders however in my opinion new traders should trade demo for at least a minimum of six months before moving to trade with live funds.
Make sure that worked in the demo account already found a suitable trading strategy and is profitable of course, because worked in a real account harder than a demo account, it is about psychology trading.

The length of time you have to trade with a demo account can vary depending on the platform or broker you are using.However, the purpose of a demo account is to provide you with an opportunity to practice trading strategies and gain familiarity with the platform, so it is generally recommended to use it for as long as you need until you feel comfortable moving on to a live trading account.

I think it’s different from person to person. But personally, for me, It takes around four-six months. I think it’s an ideal time to practice. Before making the switch, make sure to backtest and forward-test our trading strategy. Also, you can use a demo account to test your strategy.

The length of time you should trade with a demo account can vary depending on your individual needs and goals. Some traders may feel comfortable switching to a live account after a few weeks or months of practicing with a demo account, while others may choose to trade on a demo account for several months or even a year or more. The key is to continue practicing and refining your skills until you feel confident and ready to trade with real money. It's important to remember that trading on a demo account is not the same as trading with real money, so be sure to transition to a live account gradually and with caution.

I've traded with demo account around 1 month and half now. I do my business full time, currently my income is from affiliate marketing, but I want additional income from forex as well. Since I do my business full time, I have lots of time staring at MT4 chart, opening trades and gain experience. I won some and lose some. I'm not sure whether I'm ready or not to trade with live account, especially with big capital. Can anyone give me the idea? How long do I have to trade with demo account? 4 months? 6 months? To those who's going to post in this thread, how long had you been trading with demo acc? Care to share your experience?
As a general rule of thumb, it's recommended to trade on a demo account for at least 3-6 months, or until you are consistently profitable and comfortable with your trading strategy. However, this timeline can vary depending on your individual circumstances and experience level.

There's no hard and fast rule for how long you should trade with a demo account, but it's generally a good idea to spend at least a few weeks practicing before you start trading with real money. Use this time to develop a trading plan, refine your strategy, and gain confidence in your abilities. As you trade with your demo account, keep track of your results and make adjustments as necessary. When you feel ready to start trading with real money, start small and gradually increase your position sizes over time.

The duration for which you can trade with a demo account can vary depending on the broker or platform you are using. Some brokers offer unlimited access to their demo accounts, allowing you to practice trading for as long as you need. Other brokers may have specific time limits imposed on demo account usage, such as 30 days or 60 days.

I traded on a demo account for half a year. Some may say that it’s too long, but it didn’t spoil me too much. I could have shifted to a real account much earlier but I didn’t have enough money.

Some people advise to trade no more than a month on demo account because it may instill you a false understanding of trading. There’s some truth in this statement but people differ. For some people it may take more time to grasp the basics of trading even a year or so. I think you won’t harm yourself a lot if you stay on a demo account longer than you expected. You’ll inevitably shift to a real account sooner or later.

Back