• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ICMarkets.com (International Capital Markets)

General discussions of a financial company
ICMarkets is a real scam broker! STAY AWAY!!!

I had 3 accounts at ICMarkets and another account on Saxo. With SNB debacle the ICMarket accounts lost over 14k while Saxo account lost 200euro's with exact same robot. All 3 ICMarket accounts had exact same trades copied from 1 to another.

ICMarket was sending illegal/fiction prices for USDCHF during the news. Regarding all financial reports, including Bloomberg, USDCHF has never ever been on that price. The difference between actual price and ICMarkets price is over 2000pips!!!
You can see all my trade details here!

After 3 weeks of calling, several emails and promisses that they will adjust the trades to the right price, all they say was this:
'Upon further review of your accounts, our trade desk have assessed that there are no pending adjustments on your accounts as the rates have been verified as correct by our liquidity providers and stopouts occurred correctly. During the SNB announcement, spreads were extremely wide, and as there was uncertainty by the banks on where to price the CHF pairs there was no liquidity as a result.'

These 3 accounts lost all together over 14k and had same trades. They adjusted trades on 1 account with 740euro's (which is nothing if you look at the loss). But the most crazy thing is that they say the trades on the other 2 accounts don't need adjustments while they have been traded on the same price.

All they do is blame the liquidity providers which they chose by themselfs. When you don't know where to price a currency why do you just send fiction prices? and allow trades on those prices? Saxo just blocked tradings and did send real prices. On ICMarkets graph you can see USDCHF went down all to 0.04, which should mean: USD doesn't exist anymore.

This is just steeling money from traders by sending fictionary prices to MT4.

I'm now sending a letter to Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) to investigate this as ICMarkets is not taking this seriously.

You can also read this: 'Fake margin calls': Forex traders furious after losses

View attachment 18417

Thank you for bringing this to light. A couple of months back a company claiming to be associated with ICM tried to make me one of their IBs out of the blue.. contacted me via LinkedIn, but then I had my doubts and decided to sit on the offer for a while. I was going to make my decision soon, but now with this, I guess it is a good lesson learned.

Looks like such issues are getting to be quite common with ICMarkets recently.

As already mentioned in my earlier post, I had pending orders, set at approximate level on same currency pair USD/RUB, on two different accounts with the broker.
Overnight, the pending order was triggered on one account and, according to ICMarkets Support, the price went up further to trigger margin call & stop-out, ending with a negative -AUD114.66
However, the pending order on my other ICMarkets account was not triggered even when the price went to the high level as ICMarkets Support claimed which was also not shown/recorded on both account MT4 Trading platforms and which ICMarkets Support explained/brush away as "ask" & "bid" prices which does not show up in MT4 charts.

Even though I queried back on why that can happen on two different accounts with the same broker, I have yet to receive a reply to satisfactorily & rationally explain that glitch on their servers or false feed from their LPs.

"You can also read this: 'Fake margin calls': Forex traders furious after losses.
Attachment 18417"

I wasn't aware of that news because I asked and received a reassuring reply from ICMarkets that "...financial position remains strong and above our regulatory requirements with trading unaffected..."

This is a very good example that we should not be too trusting of our broker(s).

They claim to have tight spreads that go to a maximum of +- 1.5 something pips (check at their spreads list on their website do they mention that we may get to 40 pips? what are they dealing desk market makers or what? ) look at the following spreads during some volatility at midnight. Imagine you have an opened position and you want to close with a profit of 15 - 35 pips the time of thet pick in price ....your are in loss...the extreme widening of spread has taken this CHANCE....this pictures where captured (thanks GOD there is technology to put things in transparency here!), while I had the aim as I can recall to close one of these times a position but I didn't as prohibitted by the wide spread....Nothing to say more one image =1000 words take a look at the following link at jumpshare.com/b/3JA9uPQawgqrxWkjp9bK....nothing to say about swaps....check also the price difference between bar chart and and mini terminal........YOU JUDGE!!!!!

ICMarkets used to be a good broker but not anymore.....same as three more other ASIC regulated brokers too and two of them are now trying to clean up their image.

Hello,
Claim to ICMarkets.
For more than 10 days in negotiations with ICM I am unable to solve the problem.
The essence of the case:
1.On the ECN MT4 platform (which the broker guarantees the unconditional execution of orders on the market, albeit with a possible slippage) when opening a BUY order with a small amount (3 lots) on the main pair (EURUSD) on an active and liquid market, my order was rejected with the message MT4 'OFF QUOTES'.
The time of order placing is 04:32:05, 17th Nov GMT+2, logs and screenshots of the MT4 terminal (its time GMT+3 on screenshot) and the broker server attached. The screenshot of the server was sent me by ICM manager in the chat when asking a question.
2. I was able to rediscover anew this order (BUY 3 lots EURUSD) only in 5 seconds at 04:32:10, as can be seen in the same logs.
3. The problem is of course not open an order at a different price. The fact that as a result of delay of this order, after 2 seconds (as you can see from the log of the ICM server) at 04:32:07, 17th Nov GMT+2, by stopout was closed another one of my SELL position (EURUSD 5 lots) with large losses.
4. I understand that the described situation is suggestive of poor trading style etc, I will not argue, but a perfect style probably does not exist, and there are possible different circumstances.
The essence remains the same: no matter how bad were my actions, but the broker for some reason (possibly, due to errors ECN MT4 bridge or server overload) didn't execute my locking market order, which led to the stopout. Again let me emphasize that according to the logs provided by the ICM, when trying opening of this order, the stopout is not yet reached and the execution of market orders, according to the trade conditions of the ECN platform from ICM, is unconditional.
I'd like to add that just in a short time the market has gone from highs, thus my reliance on temporary lock was justified.

Further, the history of the proceedings:
1. The first 5 days ICM manager tried to contact the liquidity providers (banks) to determine the causes of rejecting the order. Her statement was the excuse that ICM has nothing to do with the dealing desk and the order was rejected by the liquidity provider, namely the Deutsche Bank, in witness whereof, she sent me the appropriate screenshot (attached).
However, as can be seen from this screenshot, it shows a different time of order, moreover, its volume is quite different - just 0.03 lot!
I don't want to find out here if it is glaring incompetence of ICM employees or a deliberate desire to mislead.
However, also in many other questions when I contacted ICM support I was faced with exactly this position: what if the client will eat what he was fed?.. (For example, their bank did not send me my withdrawal for some issue, but their staff was insisting on that the money sent to me for almost a month, instead of ever ask it in the bank.)
2. On my insisting to resolve the issue on the merits, and not to delay the time of the next requests to the liquidity providers, as well as my request that management took up my suggestion about restoring closed by stopout order as closed incorrectly (which I was at that time not even profitable, but I was sure in my rightness and decision to hold the SELL position EURUSD), I was redirected to higher employee ICM Sung Choi.
I will add that ICM did not find and did not provide evidence that my order was rejected by the liquidity provider.
3. If with simple ICM managers I was able to chat at any time and they answered any my questions, Sung Choi is available only by mail. Moreover, the intervals of his responses increased by a day for each next message. I have 3 days waiting for his answer to my last objection.
I think this is invalid.
In addition, Sung Choi doesn't bother to provide any document (log, screenshot) in confirmation of his words, but simply unsubstantiated claims on their interpretation of the situation.
It was according to him the following:
My order 04:32:05, 17th Nov GMT+2, though, was opened when the stopout level had came already. (Although from log server ICM is clear that in 04:32:05, 17th Nov GMT+2 the stopout level was not yet reached).
The only and sufficient reasons for this (by his opinion) is that if it were not so, then my order would be opened! I.e. all turned on its head: because the order was not opened by their system, so
it had been exhibited already at the stopout!
No concrete evidence, documents, log in confirmation of his words (when all my insistent requests) Sung Choi did not and ignored my obvious objections.
If necessary, I will provide all the dialogues from the correspondence with Sung Choi and other managers.

Thus, in my attempts to resolve the issue with ICM staff I stalled. So I ask the traders community help in resolving this issue and contact with the ICM guide for consideration on the merits. I hope to receive from you any advice in this matter.
Thanks.
View attachment 17722View attachment 17723View attachment 17724

Your case getting anywhere with this broker?

Yes, indeed Andrew did reply to my e-mail and in similar manner to what Angus replied to your enquiry to my issue with ICMarkets.
For those curious readers here at the FPA (and who are not so incline to read what I have posted over at DonnaForex site), basically and in a nut shell, ICMarkets deducted money from one of my active trading account with still open trades running to cover the negative balance in another trading account....and in the process, jeopardizing that running account for immediate margin call and account wipe-out if the still running trades were in negative balance. Fortunately for that account, most of the running trades were in positive profits which I closed out immediately before market move against me.
ICMarkets sent me a regular e-mail to inform me of their intention to deduct money from one account to another,and did that within a couple hours which caught me completely off-guard as I have not yet opened my regular e-mail.
If the notification was sen to the trading platform "Inbox" it would surely have caught my immediate attention and leave me sufficient time to take a numbers of action including immediate aditional funding to that account.
Anywhere, the money involved is miniscule (left over from a much larger account which went into margin call & almost wipe-out due to over leverage & over trading), and so my contention with ICMarkets is not about the money at all.
It is about the (in my opinion) very unprofessional and client unfriendly manner in which ICMarkets staff carried out the funds deduction in such a swift manner and with total disregards to the safety of their client's trading account.
There already were precedents in my ICMarkets accounts going into the negative due to account wipe out, and ICMarkets didn't bother to deduct the money from my other medium size account (just under AUD90k) for at least a couple months.
Also, another negative account balance was deducted when I re-funded one of my accounts.
Ok, I am not going to go on about this issue anymore as I have already gone at length on this at DonnaForex site.
I am still totally shocked and pissed off with the way ICMarkets staff went about deducting money from an active trading account with still running trades.

Reading back on this thread, I see I already had issues with ICMarkets since late last year.

Lesson learned: Always be on the alert for signs that your broker is going down to the dark side.

Just a friendly reminder & quick reference to those considering this broker ICMarkets as your new broker.....and to those existing clients, what has happened on my trading accounts with this broker can also happen on yours because, after they have gained your trust in them, sooner or later the manipulations will start.
It seems they don't care losing clients as long as they can make money from manipulating their clients' trading platforms to make Traders loss money faster.

I have been trading for 18 years and have just been absolutely white washed by IC Markets . A stop was taken out some 130 above the market in a short market , it was rollover of sessions Wed 7.00 a.m. 13/5 2015 GBPAUD 20 minute chart . The market had a gap open according to their charts of 60 points in my favour however my stop at that point in time was 130 points above . The story i was given said this " the chart may not always truly reflect where the market is actually trading and the bid ask spread may temporarily widen" . Wow a spread 130 point apart ..Furthermore the chart shows NO trades being filled at this ridiculous level .. They are a scam and far from ECN , just a bucket shop with the capability to manipulate positions to their benefit, that position continued on 250 points, which says it all .. I would suggest that you view these charts of the very same time , they will clearly define the manipulation by some brokers behind the scenes. Check out Think Fx C Trader , Invast C Trader , Pepperstone C Trader and DMM Fx Mt 4 platform , you will quickly see what the market has actually done compared to what we are being fed.. If you wish to view the actual position where it was closed in the middle of nowhere go to Brisbane Forex Traders Meetup group under the files tab ...Ic Markets is a scam through and through and to be avoided at all cost.

@longtermtrader......I had a similar occurrence on one of my trading account with this broker.

I had pending orders at almost exact same level on two trading accounts with them. When I check the accounts the following day, the pending orders on one account were triggered and apparently the price went further up to triggered margin call and then account wipe/stop-out. However, the pending orders on the other account were not even triggered (let alone margin call & stop-out). Stranger still, the price that caused the account wipe/stop-out was not recorded/shown on any time frames on the MT4 platform.
When I asked ICMarkets Support about that, they explained that away with "ask" and "bid" prices which are not shown on MT4 platform. But they never did nor could explain why, if the price did go up to the high level, the pending orders on the other account were not triggered since these pending orders were set at almost exactly the same level as the other account.

Then, of course, one of my account was wiped/stopped out right before my eyes without any margin call warning nor progressive forced closure of largest losing positions. One moment the account, which was hedged on one currency pair only with over 450% margin level, and then in an instant and microsecond, the account has a negative balance. Just like that, in a flash, the account stop/wipe out happened.

=========================
ICMarkets used to be a good well regulated broker and I couldn't say anything bad about them once-upon-a-time.
But all that changed since late 2014 when, for some reason(s) or other, they started manipulating their clients trading accounts.

I advice all ICMarkets clients to be very careful and monitor your trading account(s) closely, take frequent snapshots, and pay special attention to any unusual activities because their manipulation tactics are very subtle and hard to prove.

they don't want to accept my document because they are in arabic !!!!! so why do you accept arabic countries !!!
i write a review before two months and it's not published yet !!!!!!

Back