• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info on broker: BankDirectFX

Has anyone here actually funded their bdfx account and used primefundfx?

I am also interested, but I am very suspicious about this - especially because $3K is the least you can deposit.

Ive been speaking with primefundfx and I just wanted to share my email. Just a few questions I had that was all.

Greetings Jacob,*I appreciate your patienceand professional courtesy in awaiting my response during my recent travels.* I have addressed your important questions below:**

Hi everyone,

Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 19.22.15.png
Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 19.22.44.png
Screen shot 2013-08-12 at 19.23.40.png

My name is Ann McLaren and this is my first post. I found this thread after googling for more info about Primefund FX and have joined the forum in order to post this response. Like many of you here, I received an unsolicited email from Lukas Ellison, whose unusual writing style immediately brought to mind someone called James, of Private FX.

I invested $3k in the managed forex account Private FX in December 2012 and in June of this year the account suffered a total loss.

I've taken 3 screenshots of the email of explanation regarding this loss from James of Private FX dated June 12 of this year (I couldn't get the entire text in a single screenshot) and hope that they've uploaded correctly. Any of you who've had correspondence from Lukas Ellison will recognise the exact same style of writing and the phrases used and I think it's a very safe bet that James of Private FX and Lukas Ellison of Primefund FX are one and the same person.

Like Lukas, James was always very prompt to reply to emails in an olde-worlde style of English that was very reassuring and trust-inspiring.

I've bookmarked the MyFXbook page for Primefund FX to track its progress and am interested to see how long it takes before another "astoundingly resilient multi-month directional trend based price movement of unparalleled nature" (to quote the most eloquent James) causes him to advise investors in Primefund FX (again I quote) that he is genuinely apologetic in having to inform you that the entirety of your risk capital was depleted by the Primefund FX Manager.

You may be right Ann. Primefund FX may indeed be the same as PrivateFX. PrivateFX and others like Vista FX are to be avoided at all costs. It seems these individuals take your money and then lose it all for you and it is never their fault. They promote their wonderful performance but when it comes for responsibility for losses - it is always someone else who is at fault.

Hi guys,

I'm glad to report back to everyone I have achieved a 11% return on my account at BDFX via the asset manager PrimeFundFX. The trade style is very consistent to what was described in the marketing material and the DD on any given trade is extremely reasonable. I can vouch for this program and their claims so far. :)

@Ann - These are the standard "templates" several managers use. I've had multiple managed accounts and accounts at Currensee and ZuluTrade) and they all use templates like this stuff.. www.theforexcopywriter.com
"VistaFX" "PrivateFX" "WorldFX" who knows who is who it all looks very similar just like robot websites look identical too. (pop up boxes when you close, flashy writing, video actors, etc).

Cheers everyone!

Well, good luck to you Elisa and I hope you do well. My account with PrivateFund FX also did well initially and I was quite excited. I take on board your comments about the templates but the extreme similarity in the email formats, the timing of this offer after the other system "blew up" and the whole feel of the thing (not to mention the fact that this company had an email address of mine that very few others have, but the same one I used for PrivateFund FX) leads me to believe that they are one and the same.

Not to mention the fact that as a previous poster mentioned, it doesn't make sense for an outfit making profits like this to be offering their services to pesky retail investors with $5k to spend. But I guess everyone needs to get burned at least once. It took me two blow-outs (ProphetMax anyone?) to learn my lesson but I got there in the end. Older, wiser and $8k poorer!

I'll gladly return in a few months and eat humble pie if I'm wrong and you're all millionaires on the back of this!!

Some interesting thoughts - If you change the percentage view on myfxbook to pips it tells a diffirent story!

Check out the month of March 2013 - made a loss of 1080 pips for the month - but the account grew by 17%

Check Oct 2012 - Made a loss of 5500 pips but the acc only dropped by 3%.

Here is a few screenshots of myfxbook to see for yourself - something is not right here.

2012 Percentage.JPG

2012 Pips.JPG

2013 Percentage.JPG

2013 Pips.JPG

Ann - Thank you very much for your post.

I bet as well that James is Lukas or vice-versa !
Response (first sentence) from Lukas (PrimeFundFX) to Jacob1983 (page 5 here) : "I appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting my response during my recent travels".
Response (first sentence) from James (Private FX) to Ann :"I sincerely appreciate your patience and professional courtesy in awaiting a comprehensive response to your important concerns".

Again, no reaction from BankDirectFX who is supposed to perform due diligence!

BDFX keep trying to say that they are not affiliated with primefundfx. They can say anything they want but truth is nobody would open this thread, not a single user I bet, if there's no spam emails from primefundfx.

Is there really anyone out there ever have a live account (with at least $1000) with BDFX before primefundfx mass-spamming everyone few weeks ago? I truly doubt.

I dont care if they are actually linked one to another or not but truth is BDFX is a non reputable broker and everyone should stop going crazy over PrimeFundFx result in MyFxBook. You must remember the most basic rule in Forex, protect your capital. that's the most basic rule before even thinking about making profit. Broker selection is definitely one of those.

Of course even regulated and reputable brokers can mess you up but seriously anyone thinking BDFX is safer than any ASIC/NFA regulated broker is just dellusional. You won't even think about making deposit here if not because of PrimeFundFx mass spam email.

Back to basic. Forget the complicated and unnecessary due dilligence. The basic is, we wouldnt be here if not because primefundfx. Think about it. Reputable traders, at least those that I know, never made deposit in brokers without any information like BDFX itself. and reputable trade managers wouldnt waste their time spamming everyone. That's for sure.

Of course BDFX director or anyone can easily come here and bash me saying that they are in Belgium so no regulation etc. etc. but then every broker can easily say they are working hard to lobby XXX to get regulation in X years.

Well, the answer is very simple. We wait until they truly get regulated in UK or Aus or whatever before we make deposit. Remember folks, forex is a long term battle. Don't be greedy or you will regret it. Same thing with trading by yourself. Would you choose a more reputable broker with a bit higher spread or you "gamble" with a company with no regulation at all? That's the question that everyone should ask themselves

Back