1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitchel's Log

Discussion in 'Personal Trade Journals' started by Mitchel, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Mitchel

Mitchel Recruit

Hello everyone.
    Started trading on a demo about 3 months ago. Read all kindsa stuff on indicators etc.
    My trading to date hasn't been too good and I have blown a few accounts already. I dont mind this because I guess it's the only way to learn right?...as long as I learn from my mistakes.
    Anyway, like everyone else, I have a day job so I want something that wont take up all my time and leave me pulling my hair out.

The way I have been trading lately is by looking for sideways movements and then placing stops above or below. Then I just wait for the price to break out and either enter the trade or close it. Not sure what time frame I should use for this but as I am not on my pc all day I generally look at daily/4 hr charts.

The latest demo account I have is from 16/sept. I started with a $3000 balance and so far my account equity is $3105.91. This includes the trade I have open at the moment so this will change depending on price movement.

The pink line is where I entered the trade

[​IMG]

#1 Mitchel, Sep 23, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  2. Mitchel

Mitchel Recruit

I'm trying to get the image to thumbnail size but I forget how, sorry for the large image.

3. JohnSkr

JohnSkr Private

I congratulate you with the first wins! but don`t make the common mistake of many newbie traders. After they win on demo they start thinking that real trading is the same funny thing - it is the main trick. Even the psychological factor making it much more complicated.