OctaFX Slippage Nonsense

ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
David

You are going to have fun with these guys!

Whenever they have had to account for there actions in the past they turtle, crawl back into there shell & hide.

This action on Octa's part is nothing new...they cry market slippage and turtle.

Alas they assume all are ignorant on how the market works...need to educate us...then turtle!
During active market times such as at NFP news release ... sure one can expect erratic slippage...other times when the market is less volatile one should receive prices very close to the market!
Time & date of trades are not listed, if they are at or near news releases your case will be weak. Whether or not your friend traded at the same time will not help your case as latency of the net can be used as an excuse. That & the market is a first come first served arena.

The fact that there far too many cases of Octa changing the playing filed when a trader makes profit or uses an EA...something is triggering a warning to them....! There are many occurrences in this forum!

Octa has some home work ahead to save their well deserved poor reputation in this area! Dissect all these trades & compare with David's friend's trades plus cross reference with any other trades by their clients at the same time. Publish the results so they can be confirmed by those on the outside!

Regulation while it sounds good is little more than a band aid solution. Any company can have people that do troubling things. It is how they deal with issues that arise. Octa turtle's...plain and simple!

Hi Stevesmain,

Best is they can not even claim latency, I had my friend access his account on my VPS server and we made the trades from the exact same Server :) they have no case there.

I have read all the other claims and they always reply with the standard answers, bunch of monkeys reading a script. For instance this the mail I received from them the standard answer, oh and apparently there is only rwo people at OctaFX providing support IAN or BARBARA, and now they want me to use their cTrader platform what difference is that going to make when they are already interfering with my trades ?

Barbara (OctaFX)
Apr 9, 17:19
Dear Mr. Roux,
Please note that an order can slip several pips upon opening as well depending on the liquidity available at a specific price. Our technical department has double checked your orders and confirmed that they experienced a regular market slippage. There were no irregularities found in execution, all position were opened and closed at prices, provided by our liquidity pool. Being an ECN broker, we cannot guarantee that an order will be executed exactly at the price you requested. Depending on the liquidity at a specific price, it is possible that your order will be offset to another provider. It is more common during high volatility periods, however might occur anytime. As much as we would like to help you to avoid slippage, unfortunately it is simply beyond what we can do for our clients. The company does not interfere with trading since we only serve as an intermediary between a client and the market.
As an option, we can suggest to use cTrader instead of MT4. This platform shows full market depth and the available liquidity at each price, unlike MT4 showing the best available prices only. In case you are not familiar with this platform, you can open a demo account, use cTrader manual (http://help.spotware.com/) or simply contact us anytime you require an assistance.
Should you have any other questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Sincerely,
Barbara

cTrader allegedly removes all execution functions from the hands of the broker.

cTrader allegedly removes all execution functions from the hands of the broker.

Understandable but why would I want to use cTrader when my EA uses MT4, Will they pay a programmer to recode the EA to cAlgo ?
And obviously if they are using an MT4 plugin how can any trader trust them.

They still have not answered on the post I made with all the other trades.
OCTAFX should not be trusted by ANY honest trader in my opinion they are no better than all the other SCAM forex brokers.

Well now

I have received a reply from the NIS Headquarters in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, regulatory body for OctaFX.
I will be forwarding the details to the regulatory body and have OctaFX investigated. Getting somewhere now, they must be stopped exploiting people and stealing their money.

Wow, a Caribbean regulator replied to a complaint? That's rare. Keep the thread up to date.

Wow, a Caribbean regulator replied to a complaint? That's rare. Keep the thread up to date.

Yeah quite surprised as well.
I have not logged the complaint with them yet though, I was willing to give OctaFX the benefit of the doubt and deposited $100 but it seems they disabled trading on my account so I am withdrawing it again.

Lets see what they do now.

Yeah quite surprised as well.
I have not logged the complaint with them yet though, I was willing to give OctaFX the benefit of the doubt and deposited $100 but it seems they disabled trading on my account so I am withdrawing it again.

Lets see what they do now.

Have to give that to them though, their Deposit and withdrawal is excellent no issues there whatsoever.

Back