Resolved - Crown Forex SA Not Just Scammers. Plain Thiefs

Pipsgeek

Private
Crown Forex have been refusing to pay out the balance of my trading account ( several tens of K's) which has been closed for the last 7 weeks. I have had nothing but equivocation and excuses regarding the payment of the balance.
I have phoned their office in Switzerland and have had telephone replies stating that they would pay the full amount on such and such a date (with interest!!!), apologising profusely for the "technical problems" and reassuring me that payment would be made.
No such luck.
Does anyone have any information for me on how I should go about taking legal action against these thiefs. This is not just a case of manipulating their trading software, chasing SL's etc which is deplorable in itself. This is plain and simple grand theft, and is an indication that these scammers are getting increasingly confident that they can get away with this sort of activity. As another reviewer suggested on this site, they consider that when you have deposited money in a live account with them, then that money is theirs. How true that is!
If you can help me in any way of have any information wrt Crown Forex please contact me at

Last edited:
This is not good, but you'll need some proof to really nail them.

I have a suggestion. Email them a message. Make it WAY nicer than it needs to be. Send it to any/all email contact addresses you have for them. Something like this:

Dear Crown Forex Accounts Department, (or whatever they are called)

I have been trying to close out my account since (Date), but still have not received my (fill in amount they owe you) back. I've been told there are technical issues, but believe you have had a reasonable amount of time to resolve these.

Please email me back to confirm that the money will be in my account (or "check will be in my hands" - depends on how you are withdrawing) within 10 business days of today, on March (fill in proper date), 2008.

I will let you know as soon as I receive it.

(Name and email address).

CC yourself a copy of the email - that way you have it with headers to prove that you sent it.

If you get a reply, save it and send them a reminder when they have 5 business days left. Remind them again on days 3, 2, and 1.

If no reply, resend the message, but put this on top:

I send the message below on (date) and still have no reply from your company.

Remember - CC your own email account (or even 2 different ones) with everything you send them and save everything they send you.

If you engage in chat sessions with them, get screenshots.

Keep us posted on your progress in this thread.

Pharaoh: Thank you for your help. I have received an Email reply from Crown Forex accounting dept with an attachment which appears to be an "International Payment without IBAN". notification, with a Credit Suisse letterhead.
I will await confirmation of currency transfer into my account. (After 8 weeks of equivocations I have not got a lot of confidence!!!) Will keep you posted.

Pharaoh: Finally got paid out after 8 nerve-wracking weeks. Money transferred to my account yesterday. This has been a very bad trip for me, and has seriously damaged my confidence in the Forex trading environment. Its the Wild Wild West out there. One has to do a lot of due diligence before sending large amounts of money overseas into FX trading accounts.

Hey PipsGeek,

Congrats on getting your money back! As much as I enjoy doing nasty things to scammers, I prefer it when things can eventually get resolved without the use of weapons of mass destruction.

If you haven't already done so, you might want to leave a review to warn others about the hoops they'll have to jump through to get their money back.

Back