1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10p Slippage on Stop order/Scam or not..?

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by robbie99, Feb 23, 2009.

1. robbie99

robbie99 Recruit

Hello,
    I need help on a slippage issue: I had two stop orders in my account during normal market hours. The first one was a small order (1 mini-lot), the second one was larger order (full lots). The first one was filled exactly at the stop price, the larger one was filled about 20 seconds later with 10 pips slippage. Must this be considered as a normal execution or have I been scammed?
    Thanks for your help
    Robbie

2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

It's definitely something you should complain to your broker about. 10 pips under normal conditions would definitely be excessive in my book.

3. robbie99

robbie99 Recruit

Complaint was refused..

..I already tried to complain, but was refused several times. They refer to their terms and conditions, but they do not have an solid argument, why they have filled the larger order 20 seconds later with that excessive slippage. So what can I do now..?.

4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

It would be hard to prove that 10 pips is a scam, even under quiet market conditions. If they refuse to correct the situation, I'd recommend leaving them a 1 star review and find a new broker.