• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Best Forex Broker/s

I'll be visiting Saxo Bank (Singapore) in two weeks' time to really see for myself and understand them thoroughly because my very first input shall be USD 20k.

I don't want to deposit my hard-earned funds into a broker which I can't visit.

Being a Malaysian, Singapore is the nearest I believe.

Does anyone have anything to say, both good and bad, about Saxo bank (Singapore) please?

Regards.

Hi Nancy,

Saxo is not a bad broker but keep in mind that the platform is heavy and difficult to use, at least for most of the fx traders ;)

Also, there is an enormous number of instruments you can trade with them such as Indices, Commodities, Shares and so on and so on....

If you want a good spread on the majors got to FXCM, DBFX, or Interactive Brokers, especially the last one ;) But keep in mind that their margin req is 2%

Also i can recommend CMC, GFT, as good ones. Have never had a withdrawal problem with any of the mentioned ones

Regards and wish you Luck

I tried Saxo as well for some months, and they seemed very professional, even if the spreads on forex are for me a bit high.
More, I really don't like any broker which has no fees when you put money in, but asks 20 DOLLARS to give you your money back...
Those are a pair of reasons which brought me finally to Dukascopy.
Lower spreads, no withdrawal fees, scalping allowed and since the end of February 2010 full MT4 compliance.

...and, of course, if you open an account with me, through Pips.it, the 45% of commissions back in your account every month....

^_^

Last edited:
Hi Nancy

Saxo was actually my first choice when I started trading back in 2005 - I was assured by their roots in Germany being known for strict regulations.
I very fast changed then to an other broker due to a very complicated software that they offer but also because I had great difficulties to get a customer care representative on the line at least back then, now I might not be as big of a client as you are I only started with a minimum investment of 5k at the time but I disliked to have a to "beg" for answers.
Much like the other traders that have responded here already I have found my broker, New Zealand regulated WSD Direct. They are NDD brokers ,so they provide an automated and instant execution type platform without any of that dealing room intervention. Its like many other bigger brokers, I think oanda and fxcm micro? Only that they have a size that allows them to focus on each customer and I like that about them. I also like the fact that my funds are accessible for me anytime and withdrawals are made with in a 24h time frame which I find very agreeable. After all it is my money we are talking about.

Hi Nancy

Don't be taken up by these guys in Malaysia. I did attend his course which lasts for 2 1/8 days. Basically he justs rushes through the notes that he hands out and on the last night he conducts a "live" trade. No big deal. If we are fresh, won't be able to catch up. Even after the course we students are still blur. No reply to any email posted to him. Looks like they are just after your course fee. Basically too much crammed in the 2 days. I would suggest not to waste your money attending the course. Even the follow ups promised did not materalise.

I m now still groping by myself. Need any of the stuff do not mind sharing.
I m a M'sian from Ipoh. All the best Nancy.
How long did you trade Kishore M's Daily INSTANT FX Profit ALERTS? Do you still get them. How many a ALERTS a single day does he give? Do they come out all at once or at varying times? If you can still get them can you share with us so we can test them.?
Platoon Scout

Steps to choose the best forex broker:

1. SEARCH FOR FOREX TRADING SYSTEMS. Begin the decision making process by finding out what systems are available to you. Perform a Google search for "Forex Trading" and browse the results. Just make sure you follow the rest of the steps before signing up.

2. TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. If an online Forex Trading System makes promises or quotes stats that seem too good to be true, the probably are. Even sites that list statistics and percentages can be deliberately misleading. For instance, a site may claim 95% profitable trades, but that won't tell you anything about how much money is being made. The remaining 5% that LOST money may constitute 90% of all investments made.

3. FREE IS GOOD!!! Starting to make money online with Forex can be intimidating, which is why so many reputable Forex Trading Systems now offer free practice sessions. These sessions provide you with large sums of 'practice' money for you to try your hand at investing. Most of these free sessions last 30 days, giving you plenty of time to test yourself and the Forex Trading System you are considering.

4. PROFITS. People become Forex Traders with one intention: to make money... lots of it. When traders experience great gains or losses, they often make their results public, and they refer to their Forex Trading system by name. Perform a Google search for profitability statistics of the Forex Trading System you are considering and see if the numbers match your expectations.

5. VISIT FORUMS. Visiting Forex forums is a great way to find out what people really think about their trading system. Traders are constantly exchanging tips and experiences about services, profits, and overall satisfaction with their Forex Trading System. Join a forum, or simply visit one to find out what's hot and what's disappointing.

6. ASK A PROFESSIONAL. You don't have to get a financial advisor to choose the right Forex Trading System, but great financial advice can steer you in the right direction. There are many free Forex information websites online, Babypips being one of the best. Visit their site and ask for recommendations. Remember that YOUR perfect Forex Trading System depends on your needs and expectations, so LET THE EXPERTS KNOW WHAT YOU NEED!!!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Randagio: "....and (Dukascopy) since the end of February 2010 full MT4 compliance."

I don't think that statement is correct as Dukascopy has "shelved" their plan to offer MT4 trading platform.

Dear all,

I've read so many comments posted by so many people in regards to forex brokers.

There are so many positive and negative comments posted everywhere until I get blur reading them.

Isn't there a single forex broker which is particularly excellent in general terms?

And which comment should I pay heed to?

Please help me here as I believe that nobody wants to lose their hard-earned monies one way or the other.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
________

So how are you doing now Nancy? Was Saxo a good choice? Did you trade proftably...?

I reside here in Malaysia and the nearest I can see right now is Saxo Bank which has an office over there in Singapore.

What's your advice please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
________

Dear Nancy.
Saxo bank is one of the largest bank's worldwide, with offices all around.
I to think about opening account with them.
After I get hit by Forexoma & lost about $1,000
I agree to not deposit more than you have to, with any one of them.
Split your money to many accounts.
Regards

Back