• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

    Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

    Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

    Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

    Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

    Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

    More info coming soon.

Problem Cangforex88 - a girl led me there and now I can't withdraw my money

I am having an issue with a company
They sent me a screenshot from their website


  • IMG-20221029-WA0001.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 10
They sent me a screenshot from their website

So, just deposit a PILE of money (which will allegedly be available for withdrawal after 3 months), trade massive amounts (while paying trading fees) and, if you make any profits, pay some highly questionable taxes. What a deal! What could possibly go wrong? ;)

Or, contact Hong Kong's:
Monetary Authority - https://www.hkma.gov.hk/eng/
Securities and Futures Commission - https://www.sfc.hk/en
Inland Revenue Department - https://www.ird.gov.hk/eng/welcome.htm
Police - https://www.erc.police.gov.hk/cmiserc/CCC/PolicePublicPage?language=en

Allowing Person A to deposit into his account using Person B's money is a complete AML failure. The account would not be considered legitimate. If you did deposit using someone else's info, generally the best you can hope for is to have the deposit returned to the source. No amount of trading or deposit can make an illegitimate account become legitimate.

If Person A deposited into his own trading account from his own financial accounts (bank, credit card, PayPal, whatever), no amount of trading or deposit can make a legitimate account more legitimate.

You should ask HK's Inland Revenue if there are any taxes on the type of trading you are doing and how those should be paid. In general, if taxes are owed, you would send them to Inland revenue or the broker would deduct them from your account. I believe it would be very unlikely for you to have to pay the taxes to the broker, but ONLY Inland Revenue can give you a final answer.

Please come back and let us know what the HK authorities have to say about your issue.
The Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) is responsible for regulating Authorized institutions (AIs), Stored Value Facility (SVF) Licensees and Money Brokers in Hong Kong. Relevant AIs are namely licensed banks, restricted licence banks and deposit-taking companies. You may refer to the list of AIs, SVF Licensees and approved money brokers under the HKMA's supervision at: https://www.hkma.gov.hk/eng/regulatory-resources/registers/ and https://www.hkma.gov.hk/media/eng/d.../banking-policy-and-supervision/name_list.xls .

Please be informed that cangforex88 (www.cangforex88.com) is not an AI, SVF Licensee or approved money broker. Therefore, it is not supervised by the HKMA. There is no restriction on money transfer in Hong Kong and the HKMA does not impose charges of any kind on money transfer.

If you consider that you are being targeted in, or have fallen victim to, a deceptive scam or fraud, you should contact your local police or the Hong Kong Police. Hong Kong Police's contact details are:
Commercial and Technology Crime Hotline: (852) 2860 5012
e-Report Centre: https://www2.erc.police.gov.hk/cmiserc/CCC/PolicePublicPage?language=en


I regret to inform you that the Police Public Relations Wing, designed for
handling general email inquiry, would not be able to facilitate your
request which is about an international criminal intelligence exchange.
Even if the crime you wish to report is international in nature, you should
still approach your local police. Your local police authority will conduct
initial investigation and ask for assistance from Interpol or consulate.

Moreover, the Anti-Deception Coordination Centre (ADCC) of the Hong Kong
Police Force provides anti-deception consultation services around the
clock. For those calling from places outside Hong Kong, please dial the
area code "852" before the telephone number. The general public can dial
18222 to contact the ADCC officers for assistance in response to suspicious
deception cases.

Should victim confirm that he / she had fallen prey to a scam, he / she is
to make a formal report to the HK Police in person at any Police Station,
or through the e-Report Centre.
e-Report Room > Crime > Provide Crime Information

Best Regards,
Try the crime report from the link they gave. Also, make sure to report to the HK Money Authority, the Securities and Futures Commission, and also ask Inland revenue about the tax question.
Hong Kong police response:
Dear Sir/Madam,

This office has received your email.

The Hong Kong Police only has jurisdiction in the Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong. Base on your information, domain of the suspect company is not registered in Hong Kong, furthermore with the information and evidence that you provided proves to be insufficient for us to begin an investigation against the suspects, as the identity of the suspects is still unknown as well as their numbers could be used anywhere in the world.

Without further evidence that could pin point the suspects are in Hong Kong, no further action will be taken by the Hong Kong Police Force.

You are advised to report the case to your local police authority for assistance.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime at your convenience.