Can't download MT4

Red Herring

Corporal
I am unable to download MT4 from my broker's link for my demo account. I have tried with two broker but it stops after starting! I was successful downloading the MT4 directly from the site but not from the broker's site, why? Can anybody have any idea! I am presently interested in practicing demo with MT4 linked with any broker!

Two possibilities:

1. The brokers you picked are on the edge of collapse and aren't maintaining their websites.

2. There's some issue with your browser or computer.

Solutions:

1. Try a different browser (FireFox, Chrome, etc.)

2. Contact live chat at the broker. If they aren't online to help during the trading week, then get a different broker.

Two possibilities:

1. The brokers you picked are on the edge of collapse and aren't maintaining their websites.

2. There's some issue with your browser or computer.

Solutions:

1. Try a different browser (FireFox, Chrome, etc.)

2. Contact live chat at the broker. If they aren't online to help during the trading week, then get a different broker.

I am using Firefox 9.0.1 it should be ok! As I can download that from the MT4 site itself! I have tried with Oanda and Dukascopy, they are not at collapse I feel (!!)

I will try another browser, there is a message appears: specify the proxy server, is it my IP address? It also ask login and password. I have got that (login and password) from the broker to my mail after registration.

Skip the proxy server and see if it works.

If you download a copy directly from the broker, it should already have all that broker's servers. If you get a copy from somewhere else, you'll need the brokers .srv files or the IPs of the broker's MT4 servers.

Live chat with the broker should be able to walk you through getting connected.

If you still haven't succeeded, send me your email by PM and I will email you a zip file with an mt4

your browser is very old.
Firefox's latest is version 20.x.x

you should also provide more relevant details, such as the links you used to download the MT4.
it's also possible that you were in fact able to download MT4, but you are unable to use it. if so, that is a slightly different matter.

The best thing to do is to contact your broker and ask them. You will get the answer there and not from people who do not use your broker. All you get here is educated guesses.

I am unable to download MT4 from my broker's link for my demo account. I have tried with two broker but it stops after starting! I was successful downloading the MT4 directly from the site but not from the broker's site, why? Can anybody have any idea! I am presently interested in practicing demo with MT4 linked with any broker!

Your problem might be solved now. Sometimes you may need to update MT4 after a couple of months to continue demo trading.

your browser is very old.
Firefox's latest is version 20.x.x

you should also provide more relevant details, such as the links you used to download the MT4.
it's also possible that you were in fact able to download MT4, but you are unable to use it. if so, that is a slightly different matter.

Oh my God! I will soon update my browser, thanks for informing me and sorry to reply late!

Back