• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Capital Trust Markets - CapitalTrustMarkets.com - Possible Scam Alert

I am having an issue with a company
Why don't we get together and start a class action lawsuits. It would probably be cheaper to do it that way than individualy. I would be interested in joining one contact me. Has any one else got an email from CTM claiming that the company has been sold? If so any information on who the new owners are? A fellow victim FtLivingston

Canadian BBB

I've completed a complaint at the econsumer.ftccomplaintsassistant.gov site. On completion they suggestion one initial option before legal procedures is to contact a dispute resolution service in the country where the offending individual is located.

The Canadian Better Business Bureau complaint mediation service is here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

I haven't proceeded yet to know whether the issue of the company being in NZ with the owner a Canadian is a problem.

Try these:

Reporting Scams and Frauds - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre

Also, everyone should visit the Open Cases folder. There's a vote on the first case filed against CTM going on right now.

Sorry, but see no case opened for a vote. Is it my login rights issue?

Honestly, with all that has transpired I am very surprised that only now the formal complaints are starting to roll. Especially, since according to the above posting he 'sold the company and it is being moved to London, UK' yet he is de-listed in NZ.

If a case already has Guilty, Not Guilty, Resolved, or Dismissed, then the poll on that case is closed. Sometimes new cases come in during the week and don't have active polls yet. Right now, there are 6 cases threads open for a vote. All are stickied at the top in Open Cases, including Jeff_calgary vs CapitalTrustMarkets. Current polls will close sometime around the beginning of next weeks Asian session.

If you can't see the cases or can't vote in them, let me know.

Class action suit, CFTC

Why don't we get together and start a class action lawsuits. It would probably be cheaper to do it that way than individualy. I would be interested in joining one contact me. Has any one else got an email from CTM claiming that the company has been sold? If so any information on who the new owners are? A fellow victim FtLivingston

I think this is an excellent idea. I think that one of the replies from CTM mentioned on this forum requested of their clients to be patient as they planned to process all withdrawal requests by the end of May. As CTM officials are extremely non-communicative I continue to contact governmental agencies and have kept the 31 May as a personal deadline. If Mokhtarian and CTM are dealing in good faith they would be more proactive in contacting CTM clients with updates. As they are very quiet I'm guessing 80/20 that they are simply moving money and covering their tracks.

I agree with FTLivingston that the next step is to organize a class-action suit. Could FTA forum members/CTM clients please send a PM FTLivingston or myself if they are interested to participate in the legal suit. We can organize away from the prying eyes of Mokhtarian and ilk who may visit this thread.

Could FPA admins point us to a list of reccomended legal advisors for the issue of FX broker fraud?. I'm willing to invest again as much as I have in my CTM account to track down the vermin. Private detectives might also be helpful, but legal council can advise the best route to take.

During the last three days the big news in the USA is how the US government has aggressively tracked down both FIFA administrators and Neteller owners for fraud. The FIFA admins are accused of taking bribes and US government has made formal requests for their extradition back to the USA for trial. These FIFA admins are not US citizens and their only connection to the USA is that they used Google to communicate!!. To be honest this is a little scary even for the innocent. But the upside to this aggressive response to financial fraud is that complaints made to the CFTC (Commodities and Futures Trades Commissions) by US citizens, will activate the 'long arm of the law'. Reza Mokhtarian and friends may find their fraud of great interest to cross-border review. The CFTC welcomes cases they can use to publicly validate their claim that all brokers outside the USA are fraudsters and to be avoided.

Please, all US citizens that have funds still held by CTM, complete a complaint form at the CFTC site. File a Tip or Complaint - CFTC

Hello Asst Moderator,
I posted a reply for this thread several days ago but it never appeared here.

Could you check to see if it was overlooked?
Thank you

Ok people,it appeared that POS Reza Moktharian is now on the back foot and trying to cover his tracks.He is obviously still the owner/CEO of the company and it is definitely NOT moving to London or the UK,he is a pathological liar and now trying to cover his tracks!Listen very carefully and I will tell you the most efficient way to close this scumbag down,your money is already lost but you can stop others being scammed like you.
I will, put it in capitals to make it clear :
THE CANADIAN BANK ACCOUNTS THAT YOU SENT YOUR MONEY TO WILL NOT BE SET UP TO TAKE THIRD PARTY FUNDS FOR INVESTMENT,HE IS NOT REGULATED IN CANADA,OR ANYWHERE ELSE AS FAR AS I KNOW.
FIND YOUR ORIGINAL WIRING INSTRUCTIONS,GO ONTO GOOGLE AND FIND THE CALL CENTRE NUMBER FOR THAT BANK.ASK THEM TO PUT YOU THROUGH TO THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT,THEN TELL THEM HE HAS STOLEN YOUR MONEY AND ASK THEM IF THE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTS THAT YOU SENT YOUR MONEY TO ARE SET UP TO TAKE THIRD PARTY FUNDS FOR INVESTMENT,FOR TRADING FOREX WITH AN ONLINE BROKER.
MY GUESS IS THEY'RE PROBABLY SET UP AS A SECOND-HAND CAR DEALER OR SOMETHING SIMILAR,WHICH IS WHERE THE LUXURY CARS COME FROM,WITH THE COMPANY BASED IN NEW ZEALAND AND THE BANKING IN CANADA.
IF YOU CAN EVEN BETTER ASK TO SPEAK TO THE BANK MANAGER OF THE BRANCH THAT YOU SENT YOUR MONEY TO,DIRECT THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT TO THIS WEBSITE AND EMAIL THEM A LINK TO SHOW THEM EXACTLY WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THESE BANK ACCOUNTS.CANADA HAS SOME OF THE MOST STRICT BANKING CONTROLS AND REGULATIONS IN THE WORLD AND THERE IS NO WAY THAT THEY KNOW WHAT THIS LOWLIFE IS DOING.
THIS IS THE FASTEST WAY TO FREEZE AND SHUT DOWN THESE ACCOUNTS AND PUT THIS DOUCHEBAG BEHIND BARS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
DO NOT DELAY OR HESITATE,DO IT TODAY OR TOMORROW,THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Spread this link about CTM and Reza Mokhtarian

The link to this thread - with the name of Reza Mokhtarian - should be spread all over social media and other blogs, websites, so if Reza attempts to scam other people in the future and those people do their 'due diligence' by typing his name in Google, this thread should pop up among the first ones.

Hello Asst Moderator,
I posted a reply for this thread several days ago but it never appeared here.

Could you check to see if it was overlooked?
Thank you

The post moderation queue is checked around the beginning of the Asian session each trading day. If you post one too long after the Friday Asian open, you may have to wait until the Monday open to see it. As your post count goes up, the chances of getting caught in the mod queue goes down.

I know of one law firm which pursues international forex cases. Giambronelaw.com. They do charge up front fees as well as a percent of any settlement. You can reach them at forex@giambronelaw.com

If anyone else knows of any other law firms which can handle international cases, please let me know.

Everyone needs to get out and start complaining to all the applicable regulators. If you deposited by bank wire, try complaining to your bank AND to Reza's bank.

Back