• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Info Does anybody know about IC Markets

Asking questions about a company
Status
Not open for further replies.
IC Markets Review

Hi F-man

No offence but your clearly not a professional trader. No trader in their right mind would give their trading account username and password to another trader they met in an online forum on a forex website.

I am happy with my broker and I am simply sharing my thoughts with the world. I suggest that before you comment you download a platform demo and perhaps even deposit a small amount of money into a trading account of the broker you are about to write about, at least this way your opinion might be respected by forum readers.

And any real trader would know that what f-man asked for wasn't your account password, but an investor password.

Ever notice how when someone asks about a company no one's heard of how often a brand new account gets created just to post about how great that company is? It's almost like the question was anticipated or else someone sits there searching the web for mentions of the company just to they can pop in and praise it.

...And oxfox wrote:

"I have been trading forex for over 11 years on the institutional banking level and in the last 3 years since my retirement on very few occasions have found a retail broker that is able to offer me the service and pricing I got when I was in the office."

Any idiot would think that with so much experiences in trading, oxfox would know the difference between "Investor Password" and "Trader Password" and their functions.

Seems like oxfox is not telling us the whole story here and expect us to take his/her words for it that this "fantastic true ECN" broker (which absolutely no FPA members..so far..have heard of) is what he/she says it is.

Does IC Markets also claim to have won the "2008 Best Broker of the year award"??

A scammer wanna-be broker ForInvest unashamedly tried to lay claim to that title too, which belonged to another broker.

Hi F-man

No offence but your clearly not a professional trader. No trader in their right mind would give their trading account username and password to another trader they met in an online forum on a forex website.

I am happy with my broker and I am simply sharing my thoughts with the world. I suggest that before you comment you download a platform demo and perhaps even deposit a small amount of money into a trading account of the broker you are about to write about, at least this way your opinion might be respected by forum readers.

Hi ozfox (or should I say bufox1 or Billy McConell?)

No offence but your clearly a liar IMHO. (And not a foxy one:D)

First of all, a professional trader like yourself wouldn't sign up in a forum like FPA and express himself on his first post in that way in favor of a totally unknown broker.

What is your relation with bufox1 and Billy McConell? Could they might be ...you?

That makes things really bad for "your" unknown Broker;)

"over 11 years on the institutional banking level" How unprofessional is it to ask you for which institutions you worked for?

"on very few occasions have found a retail broker that is able to offer me the service and pricing" So which were the other few occasions?

Give us one way to prove that you are saying the truth! As a professional trader with 1000 years of experience, you will be able to do it, right?

As a professional trader with 1000 years of experience, you will be able to answer one more question: Why do brokers provide investor password? Any ideas?

IC Markets Review

Hello F-man

Well to cut to the chase the forum is only of interest when the AUD is rallying or when I see a an interesting post.

Lets set aside the royal wedding and the Aussie dollar being sitting just below the $1.10 mark. Please explain to me why I am a liar, is it because I seldom log into the forum?

I am sure many FPA members may have experienced the same problem as I, that is signing up and not remembering the username or email address that you signed up with this. Of course when this happens one would only expect that a new account be created. If the forum moderators have a problem with this please let me know and I will make sure I write down my user name and password, which for the next time when I login again.......

Furthermore, I do not have 1000 years experience on a tree would have lived for this long. Yes, however I have had many years experience as an investment banker at D***** Bank (I am sure you can guess which bank I am referring to).

Regarding your so called "Investor Login", given this is the first time I have heard of this term today I took the liberty to phone three of the my Forex/CFD brokers here in OZ and asked them for an investor password. As I expected none of the three brokers being IG Markets, CMC Markets and IC Markets knew about any such login or password. How is it that some of the largest players in the Australian market have never hear of an "Investor Password"....?

To give you the benefit of doubt tonight I decided to call some of my ex-clients and work colleagues at FXCM in New York to find out if they had heard of and "investor password" only to find that they too had not heard of any such thing.

In order to help you f-man I have provided the contact numbers of my three brokers below, perhaps you should contact them personally and educate them on the concept of your so called "investor login".

IG Markets
+61 (3) 9860 1734

CMC Markets
+61 (0)2 8221 2100

IC Markets
+61 (0)2 8014 4280

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me as I would like to assist you in any way possible.

No "Investor" password?????

You got to be kidding us!...and your brokers cannot possibly be brokers if they too are ignorant of that term.

Login to your MT4 Platform....click "Mailbox"...and on every new account the following should be there:

Name : .............
Email : ...............
Login : ...............
Password : ............
Investor : .............. (read only password)

If these info are not there, then you are definately not dealing with a real forex broker.

IC Markets Review

Hi Rahman

As a professional trader I am sure you would realize that many of the best brokers in the world offer platforms other than MT4..... This is not the only platform in the world you know!!!!.... In fact there are far better platforms out there.

IC Markets Review

And ohhhh... I just had a look for your so called "investor password" and no it does not exist on my two MT4 accounts that I have.... Once again I called 2 of my brokers and neither have heard of your so called "investor password" one of them suggested that was that this may be due to the regulatory requirements here is OZ, however I'm sure f-man will do his own investigation into this and ENLIGHTEN US ALL !!!!

IC Markets Review

And furthermore... are you saying that FXCM is NOT a "real forex broker"?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me as I would like to assist you in any way possible.

Hi ozfox!

I do have questions:

1. What is your relation with bufox1 and Billy McConell? Could they might be ...you?

2. Give us one way to prove that you are saying the truth! As a professional trader with little less than 1000 years of experience, you will be able to do it, right?

I am sure many FPA members may have experienced the same problem as I, that is signing up and not remembering the username or email address that you signed up with this. Of course when this happens one would only expect that a new account be created. If the forum moderators have a problem with this please let me know and I will make sure I write down my user name and password, which for the next time when I login again.......

So does this mean that every time you want to log in a forum you make a new email adress and then forget your email address?

Regarding your so called "Investor Login", given this is the first time I have heard of this term today I took the liberty to phone three of the my Forex/CFD brokers here in OZ and asked them for an investor password. As I expected none of the three brokers being IG Markets, CMC Markets and IC Markets knew about any such login or password. How is it that some of the largest players in the Australian market have never hear of an "Investor Password"....?

To give you the benefit of doubt tonight I decided to call some of my ex-clients and work colleagues at FXCM in New York to find out if they had heard of and "investor password" only to find that they too had not heard of any such thing.

IG Markets
+61 (3) 9860 1734

CMC Markets
+61 (0)2 8221 2100

IC Markets
+61 (0)2 8014 4280

I suppose these are the other few brokers that you worked with. Very strange, that ALL three of them are not offering live support. They are the only three I saw till now that do not offer live support

I wonder why???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back