EURUSD Analysis (ongoing thread)

24/10/2022 - EURUSD weekly analysis.

The pair is continuing to move downward through the trend channel with 0.99 looking like a good place for resistance.

I’m still in shorts from parity (1.0) and watching maybe 0.99 for new res, anything above or at parity will make me change bullish but seem unlikely atm.

I would wait for resistance to put in new sells, see how it reacts to the upper downtrend line.

I have take profits set at 0.93-0.92.

Side note: we seem to be squeezing for a big movement.

Points going forward:

• “EUR/USD seen declining to 0.9300 in Q1 2023 – Nordea.”
  • “Speculation about a shorter Fed hike in December has hit the USD.”
  • “Europe is facing turmoil as tensions loom with Russia.”
  • “The Federal Reserve is laying the ground to shrink the size of upcoming interest rate hikes, weighed on the US Dollar.”
All in all I think it could spend another week messing around until 0.99 res hit, I’m keeping a keen eye on the news especially central bank announcements.

Anyone feeling there’s going to be upside? Will the strength in the dollar falter? :)

656560D3-0160-492E-87A4-664BA6462845.jpeg

The pair is traded around channel's resistance. A bearish reversal pattern may attract the sellers to go short in the pair again. Unless it makes a bullish breakout at the channel's, it may not get bullish.

EURGBP short term set up this week.
Looking for GBP to find some strength this week against the EUR.
With the new PM in place and the current set up. EUR failed to make a new high so will be looking for a short term sell set up to form and break back down in to the wick low.
As you can see this would fit the fib but there is also an area marked above that i will watch if we continue to drive up.
Keep a close eye on market structure and remember key entry and price action will be needed.
Make sure you use proper risk management when trading.

Thoughts on the markets at the moment?
EURGBP Idea for this week.png

As expected, the level of 1.0000 has been working as a level of resistance again. The pair gets bearish by having a rejection at that magic level. The pair may find its next support around 0.980000.

Long term I'm expecting bearish Euro & EURUSD in particular. Wouldn't be surprised if we seen all time lows with this pair to be honest!

The pair has come out of that bearish channel. That has been in play for a long time. However, the level of 1.00000 has been working as a level of horizontal resistance. A bullish breakout at that level may push the price towards the North with good momentum.

31/10/2022 - EURUSD weekly analysis.

We’ve broken the upper downtrend line and are retesting as support, waiting for confirmation to see where we’re headed.

DXY has also broken uptrend and is retesting, the mirroring to EURUSD showing that strength in the dollar has been the main factor for the trend.

EURUSD may continue to go downwards and this may be a move to shake out obvious shorts.

The decider: Is the dollar weakening?

ECB have been slow with rate hikes but have 75bp on Wednesday with talk of maybe lower hikes in the future.

The ECB are in a hard place right now, risk a recession by introducing higher rate hikes or allow inflation to go on longer.

We’ve also seen positive GDP for Germany on Friday that may have subdued recession fears.

The FED are expected to hike rates on Wednesday by 75bp but must be noted that they’re expected to deliver 50bp in December and 25bp in January.

S&P500 is up around 2% and might be showing that the markets are optimistic and may show a weaker dollar.

NFP is expected lower which would coincide with FED moderation and push the dollar lower.

All in all we may be looking at a turning point, and it may depend on the test of the upper downtrend line.

If we bounce… it’s on, I expect volatility and we may see volatility that we haven’t seen since 2008.

If we drop, we’re still following the channel.

Are we seeing the dollar getting weaker? :)
BC1F190E-8536-4ABC-9AA9-BFFE72063EF2.jpeg

Back