Fibtree indicator

Hello,
This is last version (v1.0).
1) Correct some bugs;
2) now, button to click to start "draw mode" is SHIFT ;
3) HB button: Hide all button (switch TF to reload buttons)
4) AA selected: autoadjurn activate. Move to new high or new low LAST fib line;
5) F3,F4,F5 add/delete fibo levels;
6) DEL: delete all Fibo Lines and levels

Important:
a) Put FibTree indicator and this FibTreeDraw 1.0 indicator on the same chart (create a preset format);
b) move the chart to refresh indicator to show changes
(f.e. after clicked on F3,F4 etc..)

Bye

Attachments

• FibTreeDraw v1.0.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
Hello,
version 1.1
a) Correct bug. Now draw 2 ore more lines when market is closed (insert TimeLocal() instead TimeCurrent());
b) insert button "P": it deletes all lines except fibo levels. It works only with FibTree v.3 because v.4 delete all lines and fibo levels. With v.4 FibTree, button "P" and button "A" are similar.
c) button for delete all is "A" (Red Button).

Other settings are the same to the v.1.0.

1) button to click to start "draw mode" is SHIFT ;
2) HB button: Hide all button (switch TF to reload buttons)
3) AA selected: autoadjurn activate. Move to new high or new low LAST fib line;
4) F3,F4,F5 add/delete fibo levels;

Important:
a) Put FibTree indicator (v.3 or v.4) and this FibTreeDraw 1.1 indicator on the same chart (create a preset format);
b) move the chart to refresh indicator to show changes
(f.e. after clicked on F3,F4 etc..)

Bye

Attachments

• FibTreeDraw v1.1.zip
    24.8 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Hi All

Version 4 of the indicator is now available for download. The code has been significantly rewritten to take advantage of functionality in the latest version of Metatrader 4 so this version is only for use in Metatrader 4 build 600 and above. The principal benefit is that the code is much more efficient, only running when a change is made.

Version 3 for older systems is still available through the links below.

The main changes are:

All fib lines and labels are deleted when the indicator is removed from the chart.
Deleting the trendline now deletes all associated fib lines and labels.
-3 and -4 for hiding fib lines is no longer supported.
Delete for deleting fib lines is no longer supported.

I have edited the instructions below as required.
----------------------------------------------------

I have been given permission to share my Fibonacci Tree indicator, and the links are below. Please don’t distribute this elsewhere, or include it in posts on this site. If anyone is interested in it send them to this thread so that they get the latest version and support if required.

The FibTree indicator will plot the Fibonacci retracement lines related to a trend line. It allows the user to offset the plotting of these lines, giving a tree effect and allows for a label to be added to each set.
This indicator does not give signals or buy/hold/sell advice, it simply displays some Fibonacci levels.

Please take a few minutes to read these instructions.

Adding the indicator:
The indicator is added to the charts in the normal manner for MetaTrader. (into the \MQL4\Indicators folder
On the menu bar select Insert – Indicators – Custom and then select FibTree_V4

To plot the fib levels:
Draw a trend line between the points you want to plot the Fib levels for.
In the trend line properties Description field enter Fibo, Number, Text, n where
Fibo – not case sensitive, this tells the indicator to plot the fib lines for this trend line.
Number – Positive integer which tells the indicator how much to offset the plot for this trend line. Typically this number increases the further away you are from the focus point.
Text – (optional) an optional text label which will be plotted after the fib lines value.
n – (optional) Enter 3 to plot the 0.382 fib line. Enter 4 to plot the 0.5 fib line and enter 5 to plot the 0.618 fib line. These can be entered in any combination and order eg. 53 will plot 0.382 and 0.618.

Example Fibo,2,T, 345

Only the first two parameters are required so you can plot the same three levels without a label by entering Fibo,2

Setting the indicator properties:
There are a number of variables which affect the behaviour of the indicator. They are listed here along with their default values. To change these values go to the menu bar and select Chart – Indicator List – Fibtree_V4 – Edit. Then select the Inputs tab.

Show_Trendline This causes the source trendlines to be shown or hidden.
Default_Space The default number of bars between each fib line set.
LineWidth The width of the plotted lines.
Line_Base The colour of the 100% line and the joining bar.
Line_382 The colour of the 0.382 fib retracement line and labels.
Line_500 The colour of the 0.5 fib retracement line and labels.
Line_618 The colour of the 0.618 fib retracement line and labels.
Background Used for hiding the trend line, set this to the background colour of your charts.
Font_As_Line If true the indicator will plot the labels for each fib line in the same colour as the line, set above. If false the labels will be plotted in the Font_Colour set below.
Font_Name The name of the font to be used for the labels. The system default will be used if this font can't be found.
Font_Size Font size for all plotted labels.
Font_Colour Default colour for all labels.

Hiding Trendlines:
Select Chart – Indicator List – Fibtree_V4– Edit. Then select the Inputs tab
Change Show_Trendline to False.
This will cause all trendlines with the Fibo keyword to be hidden but the fib lines will remain and will still update, i.e. they will move along as new bars are created.
Changing Show_Trendline to True will restore them to view and allow them to be edited, moved or deleted.
NOTE: This works by setting the trendline to be drawn in the background and changing its colour to that set in the Background variable above. If the line passes through coloured areas, eg and ellipse or triangle you have drawn in another colour then it may be visible in that area.

Fibtree V4 Links
The links
FibTree V4 EX4 file

Zipped in case your anti virus blocks EX4 files.
FibTree V4 Zip File

Fibtree V3 Links

The links
FibTree V3 EX4 file

Zipped in case your anti virus blocks EX4 files.
FibTree V3 Zip File

Usage notes for V3
FibTree V3 usage notes

Please post questions or bugs here, but please read the instructions and play with it a bit first!!

All the best

Michael

hi i did as explained above , but i couldn't found fibtreev4 in my indicators list

hi i did as explained above , but i couldn't found fibtreev4 in my indicators list
Hi

Just to check a couple of things.
What version of Metatrader are you using? You can check this by opening Metatrader then selecting Help then About
My version is Version 4.00 Build 1065

Have you added it in the correct way? (I was going to edit the instructions to include thisbut I can't edit the post)

If you have downloaded the Zip version of the indicator then extract the EX4 file.

With Metatrader open select File then Open Data Folder
  • Enter the folder MQL4

• Enter the folder Indicators

• Past the indicator into this folder.

• Shut down and restart Metatrader.
If this doesn't help then please let me know some details about your computer, operating system etc. Have you added other indicators before?

All the best

Michael

Last edited:
Hello,
version 2.0 of FibTreeDraw, indicator to support FibTree V3 or V4.
Put FibTree indicator (v.3 or v.4) and this FibTreeDraw 2.0 indicator on the same chart (create a preset format).
"Partial delete" feature works only with FibTree 3.0 Version, because with FibTree 4.0 when you delete the main line, the indicator delete all lines.
Press SHIFT to start draw mode; then click on the first and second candle to draw the line. The Line shows on chart at second click.
When market is closed, the indicator FibTree v3.0 works only if you make a change on Time Frame. In this case you can:
a) use FibTree v4.0
b) use FibTree v3.0 and a little program "mt4ticker" that send ticks to mt4 to simulate the market when it is open.

This picture explains buttons of FibTreeDraw 2.0

Sorry for my bad english.
Bye

upload_2017-5-25_0-11-29.png

Attachments

• FibTreeDraw v2.0.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 61
  • mt4ticker35.zip
    80.8 KB · Views: 76
Hello,
version 2.0 of FibTreeDraw, indicator to support FibTree V3 or V4.
Put FibTree indicator (v.3 or v.4) and this FibTreeDraw 2.0 indicator on the same chart (create a preset format).
"Partial delete" feature works only with FibTree 3.0 Version, because with FibTree 4.0 when you delete the main line, the indicator delete all lines.
Press SHIFT to start draw mode; then click on the first and second candle to draw the line. The Line shows on chart at second click.
When market is closed, the indicator FibTree v3.0 works only if you make a change on Time Frame. In this case you can:
a) use FibTree v4.0
b) use FibTree v3.0 and a little program "mt4ticker" that send ticks to mt4 to simulate the market when it is open.

This picture explains buttons of FibTreeDraw 2.0

Sorry for my bad english.
Bye

View attachment 32101
Great Work, Thanks

Just a quick note; I have found out that most of macdp and OB/OS indicators on the web are not plotting accurate. Please compare yours with below.

Compare.JPG

Squat Indicator => Determines one of the high probability patterns of DiNapoli. Rather than using it stand a lone ; It should be used as a confluence builder around fibonacci support and resistance zones

EURUSDM30.png

Back